270soft Forum

"If I were President" scenario

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I gave myself a 4 in stamina because i'm 6'2 (in shoes), and play multiple sports and exercise regularly. I sleep every other day though (not lying, but I sleep for over 12 hours) which is why most of the time i respond on this forum regardless of the time of day.

2 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Don't eat oatmeal for lunch. 

Listen here buddy oatmeal is a nutritionally beneficial and delicious food to eat at any time of the day, especially when it is topped off with cinnamon and sliced apples, and served with a cup of sweet tea and a side of sliced potatoes.

Just now, Patine said:

Turn off your computer for a few hours a day and stop acting so neurotically!

Since we're talking about going outside it seems like my lock on my bike magically reset itself. You have any idea as to how to fix it?

Just now, NYrepublican said:

Since we're talking about going outside it seems like my lock on my bike magically reset itself. You have any idea as to how to fix it?

Lol bro you always have a problem that we need to fix. What do you mean by it reset itself? What kind of lock is it?

1 minute ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Lol bro you always have a problem that we need to fix. What do you mean by it reset itself? What kind of lock is it?

It's a code lock a 4 letter code with 14641 possibilities not so reasonable to test every single on.

It's a code lock a 4 letter code with 14641 possibilities not so reasonable to test every single on.

Are you positive that you didn't just forget the code?

Just now, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Are you positive that you didn't just forget the code?

The code was "shed"(the default) now it doesn't work and I didn't consciously reset it and had know idea how to then.

The code was "shed"(the default) now it doesn't work and I didn't consciously reset it and had know idea how to then.

Are you positive that you are not being affected by carbon monoxide or any other conditions which could leave you delirious or forgetful? If not I have no idea how to help my brother.

8 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

I have calculated that if it takes you two seconds to try out each code then it should take you a little over 8 hours if you did it in one sitting. Good luck bro.

@ThePotatoWalrus

On 7/30/2018 at 3:34 PM, NYrepublican said:

I'm compiling a candidate profile for the ballot @Rodja

@WVProgressive: a left-wing candidate,a Democrat from West Virginia in favor of universal health care and other progressive policies including providing illegal immigrants currently here with citizenship and increasing taxes on the wealthy. @WVProgressive is also in favor of protectionist trade policy and wants a more dovish foreign policy. He is also a fan of the Montessori method of education.

@Conservative Elector 2: A right wing candidate who immigrated to America from Austria after the constitution was changed to allow non-naturally born citizens to run for president like is the case for the Senate and House. He's pro free-trade, in favor of a hawkish foreign policy and a typical conservatives domestic policy. Would leave abortion as is.

@NYrepublican: A Center/Center-Right Republican from New York City who has generally hawkish opinions on foreign policy, is pro-free trade and pro-environment. He'd lower taxes and institute school vouchers. Would eliminate Obamacare entirely as  he thinks it's a failed model and would ensure that people with preexisting conditions who can't afford healthcare are taken care of. Would overturn Roe v Wade and return control of abortion to the states as he thinks Roe v Wade is unjustified from a constitutional perspective.Thinks Identity politics is killing comedy worldwide.Would try to replace the war on drugs with the more effective Swiss and Portugese models. (That actually work and don't have MASSIVE side effects). Is a strong supporter of net neutrality and would enforce anti-trust laws.

@Patine: A Left-wing independent from Alberta who like @Conservative Elector 2 immigrated to the US to run for office after the constitution was changed. He is very bitter about the duopoly which exists in the US and is running to change it. He in favor of nationalized education and healthcare , is dovish on immigration and the military and believes much of the world's problems are at least partially the fault of the US/the West. He is pro-abortion and thinks the fact that the supreme court is a partisan mess is bad (Which @NYrepublican agrees with) and that it should be reformed or somehow have its power reined in. He believes the EU and UN are ill-managed and that NATO is no longer relevant post-cold war. Is for free trade and hawkish on Russia and believes in a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.He also seems to think all words should follow their most literal meaning humanly possible saying that he believes "anti-semitism" to be inapplicable to arabs as they're a semitic people despite the phrase clearly meaning jews and not semitic people generally.

@jvikings1: A Kentucky Republican, he is for repealing obamacare and in favor of minimal Government including ending the war on drugs. He strongly believes in individual rights including right-to-work. He wants other countries in NATO to pay up and to stop threatening Russia with a never-ending expansion. He thinks the US should leave the UN and kick em out of the US or charge a fee. He is in favor of free trade

@ThePotatoWalrus: An Ohio Libertarian who according to @Patine has "simplistic and uncomplicated,plebian views". He's been criticized in the past for unrealistic views on issues like healthcare that'd lead to massive deficits and doesn't believe in global warming which is well established. He'd leave border security to the states and would increase spending on Obamacare (subsidies) while decreasing its cash flow(backing the repeal of the individual mandate).Says we can "do literally nothing" to stop Russia and would try to build a friendly relationship with Putin.Supports abortion in all cases pre-birth and believes in cutting down the military.

@Reagan04: A typical right-wing evangelical catholic candidate from Georgia. He's in favor of en masse privatization of massive segments of the economy as he believes the free market is the best way to go.Is an immigration hawk. Would apply a flat tax rate and believe humans don't cause climate change.He is ardently pro-life and would amend the constitution to prohibit abortion.Is pro-free trade and has hawkish foreign policy views.

@Hestia11:An Iowa Democrat in favor of the ACA,against vouchers and pro-immigration He is an enviromentalist and supports the right to choose.He is hawkish on Russia and is for free trade.He also supports an expansion of NATO

@MRA:This California independent is a bit of a nutcase and his platform can be summed up as "EVIL FEMINISM NEED BE ABOLISHED.IT ENSLAVES MEN." He is against free trade and is a foreign policy hawk.

@Rodja: A Vermont Democrat who's running to defend Obamacare,abolish tuition,abolish ICE and decrease military spending by 85%. He is skeptical of free trade deals and wants to renegotiate NAFTA to "favor the american worker". He'd be somwhat harsh on North Korea and Russia but his foreign policy overall is centered on cooperation.

@vcczar: A Pennsylvania (please make sure I'm getting that right, I remember you saying something about moving from Texas to Pennsylvania) Independent Democrat who's in favor of universal healthcare,forgiving student loans after 10 years of consistent payment,would increase penalties for illegal immigration but would allow those already here to register and become of legal status provided they do so within 2 years. Under him, people will get to choose where 50% of their income tax goes.He'd adjust the minimum wage to inflation and would work on public work projects to have jobs for everyone or as many as possible. He'd enact environmental laws and if businesses show they've suffered significant losses due to it they can write it off on their taxes. He'd reshape the military to a defensive military, and would have a referendum on abortion that "only women can vote on" (good luck getting that past the courts even if it is non-binding). He would only select independent-minded justices for the Supreme court. He'd follow an Obama-like foreign policy generally.

@Ido: A former Israeli who immigrated to Canada who decided to pack up his things and move to the US to run for president after the constitution was changed is a Rockerfeller Republican who'd introduce universal healthcare and implement more advanced yet unspecified educational methods.Would make immigration easier if you're "credible enough".Would keep taxes "sensible",and is generally more moderate in the domestic realm he is in favor of free trade and thinks the UN has more important things to do than to have one agenda item minimally always dedicated to criticizing Israel.(More stuff has been passed on Israel then China,North Korea,Iran,Venezuela,Yemen,Turkey and Russia COMBINED, whatever you think of Israel you have to agree that that's a a little ridiculous.)

18 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

I gave myself a 4 in stamina because i'm 6'2 (in shoes), and play multiple sports and exercise regularly. I sleep every other day though (not lying, but I sleep for over 12 hours) which is why most of the time i respond on this forum regardless of the time of day.

give me 2-3 stamina since i'm not going out running

Leadership: 4 
Experience: 2
Integrity: 4 (i'm a nice fella)
Issues: 4 (i read a lot of internet
Charisma: 4 (i had many speeches and was elected admin of a discord group)
Stamina: 3
Debating: 4 (i debate a lot)

2 hours ago, NYrepublican said:

I'd have a third way party for independents and third parties @thepotatowalrus

i want to be in that party too

Everybody included here give me the top two people who you would endorse who are members of your party. For Independents, it is not necessary to do this. I'm a Libertarian and as far as I know there is nobody else running for this party.

5 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Everybody included here give me the top two people who you would endorse who are members of your party. For Independents, it is not necessary to do this. I'm a Libertarian and as far as I know there is nobody else running for this party.

Jviking and Conservative Elector. Jviking embodies my strong Libertarian policies on issues that didn't get brought up lol (Yes, I do have them on more than just the economy, mainly on issues of Federal Power and Constitutional rights) and of course, Conservative is my most ideologically close.

8 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

@jvikings1 and @conservativeelector2 

1 hour ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

@WVProgressive and @vcczar

@Rodja and  @vcczar

Party? What party?