270soft Forum

If i were President

I challenge @Reagan04 to a debate as well since @NYrepublican matched him with me. It'll probably have to be on mostly social issues though since we're both pretty much identical economically (when i don't moderate myself)

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, NYrepublican said:

If you want you can take on MRA.

Just now, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Oh hell yes. @MRA you got a mic or something? I would love to do a voice chat debate.

Be careful declaring him a punching bag - trolls are made of rubber and feel no pain!

3 minutes ago, Patine said:

Why are you wasting your time, patience, and sanity with a trouble-making troll, @ThePotatoWalrus?

I don't even know lmao

3 minutes ago, MRA said:

This is libel and slander

lmao i'm dead

Just now, MRA said:

Where to serve and whom to serve to?

I didn't say I was going to facilitate such a stupid, frivolous lawsuit. Finding this information is up to you and any embarrassment to the legal profession you sucker into taking your ridiculous case.

1 minute ago, Patine said:

I didn't say I was going to facilitate such a stupid, frivolous lawsuit. Finding this information is up to you and any embarrassment to the legal profession you sucker into taking your ridiculous case.

I don't need an attorney to do so.

Just now, MRA said:

I don't need an attorney to do so.

I think I've humoured this dancing troll act long enough! The circus has been driven out of town - at least as far as I'm concerned. You have joined my (unusually large for such a small forum) ignore list...

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

I think I've humoured this dancing troll act long enough! The circus has been driven out of town - at least as far as I'm concerned. You have joined my (unusually large for such a small forum) ignore list...

I repeat, a troll i'm not.

On 7/30/2018 at 3:34 PM, NYrepublican said:

I'm compiling a candidate profile for the ballot @Rodja

@WVProgressive: a left-wing candidate,a Democrat from West Virginia in favor of universal health care and other progressive policies including providing illegal immigrants currently here with citizenship and increasing taxes on the wealthy. @WVProgressive is also in favor of protectionist trade policy and wants a more dovish foreign policy

@Conservative Elector 2: A right wing candidate who immigrated to America from Austria after the constitution was changed to allow non-naturally born citizens to run for president like is the case for the Senate and House. He's pro free-trade, in favor of a hawkish foreign policy and a typical conservatives domestic policy. Would leave abortion as is.

@NYrepublican: A Center/Center-Right Republican from New York City who has generally hawkish opinions on foreign policy, is pro-free trade and pro-environment. He'd lower taxes and institute school vouchers. Would eliminate Obamacare entirely as  he thinks it's a failed model and would insure that people with preexisting conditions who can't afford healthcare are taken care of. Would overturn Roe v Wade and return control of abortion to the states as he thinks Roe v Wade is unjustified from a constitutional perspective.Thinks Identity politics is killing comedy worldwide.Would try to replace the war on drugs with the more effective Swiss and Portugese models. (That actually work and don't have MASSIVE side effects). Is a strong supporter of net neutrality and would enforce anti-trust laws.

@Patine: A Left-wing independent from Alberta who like @Conservative Elector 2 immigrated to the US to run for office after the constitution was changed. He is very bitter about the duopoly which exists in the US and is running to change it. He in favor of nationalized education and healthcare , is dovish on immigration and the military and believes much of the world's problems are at least partially the fault of the US/the West. He is pro-abortion and thinks the fact that the supreme court is a partisan mess is bad (Which @NYrepublican agrees with) and that it should be reformed or somehow have its power reined in. He believes the EU and UN are ill-managed and that NATO is no longer relevant post-cold war. Is for free trade and hawkish on Russia and believes in a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.He also seems to think all words should follow their most literal meaning humanly possible saying that he believes "anti-semitism" to be inapplicable to arabs as they're a semitic people despite the phrase clearly meaning jews and not semitic people generally.

@jvikings1: A Kentucky Republican, he is for repealing obamacare and in favor of minimal Government including ending the war on drugs. He strongly believes in individual rights including right-to-work. He wants other countries in NATO to pay up and to stop threatening Russia with a never-ending expansion. He thinks the US should leave the UN and kick em out of the US or charge a fee. He is in favor of free trade

@ThePotatoWalrus: An Ohio Libertarian who according to @Patine has "simplistic and uncomplicated,plebian views". He's been criticized in the past for unrealistic views on issues like healthcare that'd lead to massive deficits and doesn't believe in global warming which is well established. He'd leave border security to the states and would increase spending on Obamacare (subsidies) while decreasing its cash flow(backing the repeal of the individual mandate).Says we can "do literally nothing" to stop Russia and would try to build a friendly relationship with Putin.Supports abortion in all cases pre-birth and believes in cutting down the military.

@Reagan04: A typical right-wing evangelical catholic candidate from Georgia. He's in favor of en masse privatization of massive segments of the economy as he believes the free market is the best way to go.If an immigration hawk. Would apply a flat tax rate and believe humans don't cause climate change.He is ardently pro-life and would amend the constitution to prohibit abortion.Is pro-free trade and has hawkish foreign policy views.

@Hestia11:An Iowa Democrat in favor of the ACA,against vouchers and pro-immigration He is an enviromentalist and supports the right to choose.He is hawkish on Russia and is for free trade.He also supports an expansion of NATO

@MRA:This California independent is a bit of a nutcase and his platform can be summed up as "EVIL FEMINISM NEED BE ABOLISHED.IT ENSLAVES MEN." He is against free trade and is a foreign policy hawk

To get this back on topic,here's the profile

3 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

To get this back on topic,here's the profile

I don't like mine because I feel like it is more subjective than the others. I'd rather it state what I believe in rather than, "he's been criticized for unrealistic views", "doesn't believe in global warming which is well-established" and it focuses more on the things I am negative towards "believes in cutting down the military" rather than the things I support, like non-partisan judges, bringing troops home, etc.

Also I do not support increased spending on Obamacare, I would just phase it out into private healthcare but I support it for poor individuals at the time being.

On 7/30/2018 at 8:22 AM, Rodja said:

Party: Independent Democrat

Domestic Issues:

Healthcare: Universal Healthcare, but states can opt out if they create their own comparable healthcare. 

Education: Student loans are forgiven after 10 years of consistent income-based repayment, if they aren't repayed before then.  Tuition will be adjusted to family income. Increase federal aid to compensate teachers that are forced to buy student supplies for those that can't afford them. Allow private and relgious-based schools, but Federal Funding will only be provided to public educational institutions. 

Immigration: Make immigration more accessible ("user friendly"), but increase penalties for not entering legally. Any penalty or punishment will be humane and respectful, but strict enough to discourage breaking the law. Illegal immigrants currently in the country will not be punished, so long as they apply legally within two years. 

Taxes: All US citizens will have a choice where 50% of their income tax will go, so as to allow tax payers some say to where there money can and can't go. The 50% that they have no say over will go to essential services that voters might not prefer to pay (Congressional paychecks, Defense, etc.). Taxation will be progressive. Business and corporate taxation can be reduced for hitting certain goals (keeping jobs in the US, allowing high wages, allowing employee benefits, operating an essential service in a high need area, etc.)

Jobs: Create a Federal Unemployment Service Office in every county that is pro-active about finding respectful work for those that are unemployed, "retirement age," disabled, or on welfare. This office will also be used for Public Works Projects in the area, if applicable. Create a federal minimum wage law that will be forever adjusted to inflation. 

Environment: I'd create a committee of leading American Scientists to help shape policy towards environmental laws that could reduce the effects of climate change. This will probably require business regulations. Affected businesses may get a tax break if some of these regulations show clear signs of profit decreases. Worst case scenario, some businesses may get federal subsidies to move their business, if required. Alternative Energy would get a major focus. Encourage the auto industry to make cars that use alternative energy. Make the US the largest producer of the new vehicles of the 21st century. 

Military: Decrease the military budget and reshape the military for defense purposes only. Invest in military technology that minimizes the number of troops, equipment, etc. for the military. No decreases to the Navy or Airforce. Similar to Frederick the Great, we will have a much smaller force, but it will technologically superior, and more competent than any force on the planet. Only the most mentally and physically competent recruits will be accepted. Non-commission officers can be elevated to the officer class by merit. Thus, a private could work his or herself to the rank of General by competency at each level. Crack down on corruption. 

Abortion: Have a referendum nationwide that only women can vote on. It will ask if the wish it to be legal or not. If legal, at what stages it can be legal. States can decide whether they want a Planned Parenthood office or not in their state. If they don't, then I will build them in the federal post offices, which are federal property. 

SCOTUS: I will select only independent-minded judges with no clear political ideological bias--so no Ginsburgs or Kavanaghs. I will take counsel from the Senate. I will have every Senator give me a list of 5 judges. I will then give the 10 most favored by all the Democrats to the Republicans, telling them to pick one. I will then give the 10 moved favored by all the Republicans to the Democrats, telling them to pick one. I will then select one of these two justices, unless I see an issue with them. 

Foreign Issues:

Russia: I would place on severe sanctions until our intelligence agencies find zero proof of election sanctions or until it is apparent that Russia is giving a 100% effort to cracking down on their own hackers. 

ISIS: Continue precision-rocket attacks on ISIS strongholds. Do not hit areas with civilians. Give aid and training to countries combating ISIS, so we don't have to get too heavily involved. Democrats and Republicans and US allies have done well in diminishing their strength. ISIS isn't as important as it once was. Reduce involvement in the Middle East so as to give potential ISIS recruits less incentive to carry out Western attacks. 

China: No trade war. Carry on as we did with China under the Obama administration. 

EU: No trade war. Carry on as we did with EU under the Obama administration. 

NATO/Allies: Continue NATO, but keep some of Trump's desire to have Europe take on more of the burden than they had. 

North Korea: Ignore them. Tell them that if they fire a missile that hits near South Korea or Japan that we will will destroy every one of their above ground military facilities within 72 hours. 

Iran: Keep the Obama Iran Nuclear Deal. Overall, ignore them. Just like with North Korea, we got bigger issues. 

UN: Get back on the Human Rights Council and be pro-active members that work for the betterment of the world. 

Israel: Continue to be friendly and aid them in the cases of unprovoked attack. Work towards a two state solution. Overall, mostly ignore them and the Middle East in general, as it generally just causes worse issues. 

Trade Deals: Return to Obama-era trade deals

See above. 

@vcczar "Have a referendum nationwide that only women can vote on. It will ask if the wish it to be legal or not. If legal, at what stages it can be legal. States can decide whether they want a Planned Parenthood office or not in their state. If they don't, then I will build them in the federal post offices, which are federal property. " The "only women can vote on" part is unconstitutional.

17 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

@vcczar "Have a referendum nationwide that only women can vote on. It will ask if the wish it to be legal or not. If legal, at what stages it can be legal. States can decide whether they want a Planned Parenthood office or not in their state. If they don't, then I will build them in the federal post offices, which are federal property. " The "only women can vote on" part is unconstitutional.

It wouldn't be an official referendum, since our country doesn't really have them. It would be more of like a very important poll that I will use to justify my policy. 

4 hours ago, NYrepublican said:

So I guess we have our two radical crazies on each side of the abortion debate racing to outdo each other on gender issues.