270soft Forum

i know somethings have here too at all , if i live in canada i will want one more conservative party(i have possible to vote in one centerleft anti immigration) i think macron will be in liberals have a lot of things he are more similiar, i know more in nationals level at canada, obvious people with live in country knows more, example if i say bolsonaro are more similiar in immigration to one centerleft candidate or if i say he are left in socialprograms/health people will think i crazy since see only one perspective view, i have see canada are more centrist political since steveharper are one of more rightwing of party in time of PM,but the immigration in country have changed in last decade,i see historical usa(since60') are more liberal than canada athough more discussions about that

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, victorraiders said:

i know somethings have here too at all , if i live in canada i will want one more conservative party(i have possible to vote in one centerleft anti immigration) i think macron will be in liberals have a lot of things he are more similiar, i know more in nationals level at canada, obvious people with live in country knows more, example if i say bolsonaro are more similiar in immigration to one centerleft candidate or if i say he are left in socialprograms/health people will think i crazy since see only one perspective view, i have see canada are more centrist political since steveharper are one of more rightwing of party in time of PM,but the immigration in country have changed in last decade,i see historical usa(since60') are more liberal than canada athough more discussions about that

There is another conservative party ("small-c" conservative) called the People's Party, that broke off the main Conservative Party last year over a number of sharp disagreements between Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer and maverick MP Maxime Bernier, who had also run against Scheer in the Conservative leadership race after the resignation of former Conservative PM Stephen Harper in the wake of the Liberal victory and Conservative defeat in 2015 and is running in the Federal Election in October. However, though not "imperceptible" on the electoral polling radar, the People's Party currently poll at slightly over or slightly under the Green Party, who currently have one seat (which the People's Party does too - but only Bernier, who became a floor-crosser when he founded the party). However, if Scheer makes any more serious gaffes like the several he has in the last few months, and they aren't of the type that feed Liberal or NDP (or Bloc) polls, maybe he and his party will accomplish something.

11 hours ago, victorraiders said:

Yes as said @Patine the kind of party you would vote for exists in Canada 😛

Maxime Bernier launched an anti-immigration party but for me he was a libertarian who seeked a way to get more supports and made a terrible decision.

Many libertarians who could be members of his party in Canada including the person with I am are reluctent because of immigration's stances.

Now he has ultra religious candidates in some constituencies which has almost ended his party.

Legault been successfull at his schism with the Parti Québécois because he gone right before to centralize himself, I'm not sure the same tactic would work for Bernier at Canadian level.

But pretty sure he will be re-elected in his constituency of Beauce.

Beauce is a countryside place where his father already was the MP in 1993, the only independent elected in Quebec and probably Canada while there was a wave of Liberals and Bloquists.

• 4 months later...

Still counting, but Liberals lost by-election of their seat of Jean-Talon

Never been anything else than Liberal constituency since its creation in the 60's!

Even if in 1994 the constituency been retained by the Liberals thanks to 30 votes out of 24 000.

by.thumb.PNG.329fc87034bb5608e7c9bc1334c6510b.PNG

With this result the CAQ gets 76 MPs out of 125 in the NA of Quebec.

Liberals down to 27 - this is not a joke, they do no longer have any MP out of Montreal-Laval-Outaouais.

• 2 months later...

Interesting PQ leadership race.

The humorist Guy Nantel who is known for his "Vox Pop" shows and Juste Pour Rire festivals has decided to jump in the Part Québécois leadership contest.

He is way more "cool" with anglophones, he wants to promote their rights and not divide them unlike PSPP (the third guy in the race).

He told that "The English would become one of the national languages of an independent Quebec".

He is a pressed sovereignist who dreams about a referendum by 2024.

87391254_675821833157435_1225589903123808256_n.png?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ohc=8mmsMZTyrOEAX99Ewgh&_nc_ht=scontent-cdg2-1.xx&oh=5c4f7329cbb877ac18fbeefd59b19877&oe=5EC35412

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The race for the leadership of the Parti Québécois is very interesting

It will play for Quebec 2022

Guy Nantel ne rit plus | Le Journal de Montréal

L’image contient peut-être : texte qui dit ’S.Gaudreault P.S-P-P 30% 20% G.Nantel 15% F.Bastien 10% Indécis 24% Intentions de vote à la chefferie du PQ Sondage Segma Recherche 11-12 août 2020, n=1067 membres du PQ Qc125.com’

And every candidate are different :

1st : Sylvain Gaudreault MP of Jonquière for the Parti Québécois

image.jpeg.8161fe63e3a63d890d998b9d0de739f4.jpeg

He is officialy the favorite of this race

One of the 9 remaining MPs of the Party, he is backed by the majority of the inside of the party, he has a strong connection with members and party leaders.

Politically : He is left - social democrat - with ecological views, he is quite open on immigrants and integration

His bonus : Very experienced, former minister of transportations inside Marois' government, former temporary leader of the opposition.

His malus : Not very charismatic, not very attractive for the outsiders of the party (he is the kind of traditionnal social-democratic pequist)

2nd : Paul Saint Pierre Plamondon, lawyer, former candidate for the Parti Québécois in 2018

Un avocat nommé conseiller spécial pour renouveler le PQ | Droit Inc.

Paul Saint Pierre Plamondon is among the new branch of pequists. He is much younger than his opponents, a quite brillant lawyer and a strong independetist.

Politically : He is sceptic of globalization, and advocates for economic nationalism (not forcely nationalizations but nationalism) he is more reluctent regarding immigration than SSylvain Gaudreault

His bonus : He is energic, he is motivated, he has a strong base which wants to see him as the next leader of the Parti Québécois and Premier of Quebec. Actually he received the backing of former bloc Québécois leader and premier of Quebec Lucien Bouchard.

His malus : He is too extreme against globalization. He is then, not attractive for the moderates who are voting for Legault and the CAQ. He does not seem to be able to gather enough backings to bring back the Parti Québécois as a strong party - at least for now and in my opinion -.

3rd : Guy Nantel, well known humorist in Quebec

Tout ce qu'il faut savoir sur Guy Nantel

Yes it might surprise you but Guy Nantel is a humorist, but a humorist with strong believes and ideas about how to make of Quebec a sovereign nation.

Some years ago, Guy Nantel wrote a book about what the sovereignist movement had to do to get back into mainstream. 

Politically : He's much more centrist than the two before. He is essentially a pragmatic on economy and environment. He is also very open on being inclusive for immigrants, but he's quite extreme on sovereignty. For him, Quebec should become independent in a matter of years with his leadership.

His bonus : Very attractive for the electors who went for the CAQ, very charismatic, very known.

His malus : Not very experiences as compared to Gaudreault for example, and a bit too extreme on sovereignty (he is what the Quebecers call " un souverainiste pressé " ).

And 4th : Frederic Bastien, teacher and PQ activist

L'historien Frédéric Bastien se lance dans la course à la ...

Frederique Bastien is known for being an activist who stood up for things like secularization and others things. He is very extreme both on sovereignty and protecting francophones' rights.

Politically : He is the most radical on sovereignty and the least open on immigration and being inclusive even if none of his speeches are racist, he wants lower immigration and most of all he advocates for banning religious signs almost everywhere.

His bonus : I think he would have a very enthousiastic base if he would win

His malus : He is too extreme on too many things, he even divides inside the Parti Québécois. The most radical base can be happy to hear his words, but as leader he could electorally damage the Parti Québécois instead of bringing more people in.

With current pollings numbers the 4 could win

The Liberal Party of Quebec who formed the government before 2018 has choosed Dominique Anglade, MP for Saint-Henri-Saint-Anne as leader

She almost ran unopposed, the party is not confident about the next Quebecer election

Dominique Anglade, Leader of the Liberal Party of Quebec. PLQ ...

Then for the polls, King Legault has become the sovereign of Quebec

The most popular Prime Minister in Canada, and nobody threatens him after almost 2 years in office

1280px-Intentions_de_vote_au_Qu%C3%A9bec_pendant_la_42e_l%C3%A9gislature.svg.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Edouard said:

Paul Saint Pierre Plamondon won the PQ leadership tonight

All leaders are known for 2022 now.

image.thumb.png.a709b2837a0c70af1ffa0add0a25e20b.png

How is he different than his predecessors? Other than shaving more infrequently...

8 minutes ago, Patine said:

How is he different than his predecessors?

More radical

He's young and more unexperienced - his victory comes from the members

Honestly i expected that he wins in the last days

He proudly talks about " deglobalization " in the green way against capitalism, and is in favor of promoting local industries and agriculture. He links nationalism, strong ecology and strong scepticism to capitalism or at least free trade and anti immigration.

Honestly, I have been a member of the Parti Québécois untill 2018 and even voted for Jean François Lisée in 2016, but with Paul Saint Pierre Plamondon in 2022 I would switch to the Coalition Avenir Québec and Legault.

• 2 weeks later...