Quebec 2018

Edouard

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Sami said:

HISTORIC DEFEAT FOR THE LIBERALS AND THE PARTI QUEBECOIS

27dd58df-f770-4afe-8f4f-fbe37124f568.thumb.jpg.f3ddafa1d51fb693a07b590c881e337f.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the last Premier of Quebec who was neither Liberal or PQ Maurice Duplesis' successor as Premier and Union Nationale leader (I can't remember his name off hand)?

On 10/1/2018 at 10:01 PM, Patine said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the last Premier of Quebec who was neither Liberal or PQ Maurice Duplesis' successor as Premier and Union Nationale leader (I can't remember his name off hand)?

Since 1966 😛 just before Robert Bourassa but you're right it's the first since National Union and Daniel Johnson, last PM of National Union

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quebec_general_election,_1966

This is a massive change from old Quebec's bipartism

On 10/2/2018 at 5:34 AM, Reagan04 said:

@Sami No doubt due to his loss in Rosemont as well as the PQ's fall to only 9 seats meaning they are no longer considered a major party in Quebec. In other news, Solidarity clinched 10 making them a major party.

Indeed but this election is incredible

The Liberals of Quebec NEVER been under 31% since the creation of Canada as a confederation in 1867

The electoral map is just incredible

https://ici.radio-canada.ca/resultats-elections-quebec-2018/

By giving 10 seats to QS and 74 to CAQ, Quebecers strongly rejected the last bipartism.

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Patine said:

Was Ungava the only constituency that even had a single First Nations candidate at all, out of curiosity?

There also was Abitibi Est where Elizabeth Larouche (PQ) is a descent from native people :) 

However only Ungava is a majoritary first nation's constituency

Strange thing is that for a long time Ungava voted Parti Québécois and NO in both referendums on sovereignty

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Hestia11 said:

image.png.989f7f0907d5af4c25e1465423f6f4d0.pngPlayed as PQ. Ran a fairly good campaign, I'd say. Didn't go for any newspaper endorsements either. It said to expect 17 seats going into election day, and we ended out with 20. 

you played great :)!

Events I added are hugely favorizing Quebec Solidaire as they made big gains with CAQ and the Liberal litteraly collapsed

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...