Jump to content
270soft Forum

New Historical President RP


Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

You didn't include a lot of details. The President proposes increased tariffs on Russian goods and perhaps an economic embargo. She plans meetings with the American ambassador in Russia to discuss what they know about what Russia is doing. She releases a speech saying that Americans will always be the strongest nation in the world, no matter who is threatening us, Russia, China or anyone else. The policy towards Russia is the same as with China: if they try military adventurism, they will be held accountable in what we deem necessary. (What kind of land does Russia control? Soviet-era land? Russia now?)

We celebrate the crisis' end.

 

We'll comment when something big happens.

Leaders in the White House fume, the President making veiled references to their childishness in a speech. She says that she is trying to protect the American people, but military leaders seem to want to play on the White House lawn instead. She states that the military seems unwilling to innovate further, and are instead seem to want to plan party tricks instead. 

The President celebrates the end of the hurricane and goes to meet those affected and survey the property damage. She encourages the government to implement the strategies straight away.

The administration reaches out to the rebel groups to talk about levels of American equipment being sent to them, offering to provide weapons and communication devices.

The President condemns in the harshest terms of Conservatives and Socialists not willing to negotiate with what seems to be the center party at the moment. If both parties could put aside petty disagreements and policy, maybe some things could actually get done here in America. She provided a compromise bill, but neither party seemed to want to compromise. She will veto any unequivocal denationalization, and states that their attempt to undermine the Liberal party has only hardened her stance. If parties want to present a compromise, Liberals would listen, but we would need more given to us now that they have attempted to pass one and failed. We do, however, thank the moderate Conservatives that did cross party lines to try and help pass the bill. We save some of our ire for the Socialists, who absolutely refused to compromise and provided no votes.

The Soc Lab Party is willing to vote for a short-term denationalization if the President can assure us that the Federal government will try to ensure that workers rights and wages are not undermined and the standards followed by the government in shipping are followed by the private companies when they temporarily take over.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, MBDemSoc said:

The Soc Lab Party is willing to vote for a short-term denationalization if the President can assure us that the Federal government will try to ensure that workers rights and wages are not undermined and the standards followed by the government in shipping are followed by the private companies when they temporarily take over.

Liberals will agree. This is only a test run, Liberals remind them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hestia11 said:

I think what he means is there wasn’t much of a platform. Try making it a bit longer. Mine isn’t excessively long but it has a few sentences for most things and a paragraph for the biggest stuff.

Well it was like 12 AM where I was at the time...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NYConservative said:

Well it was like 12 AM where I was at the time...

(I write most of my stuff at 1-3 AM 😉)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Midterms

 

National Strength: We rank 2nd in the list of the top 10 countries: Russia, United States, Germany, France, China, Great Britain, Mexico, Austria, Sweden, Spain.

Military Strength: Our professional army is 40,000 men and 60 ships, with a reserve army of 120,000 men solely for defense. We have naval bases in Hawaii, Cuba, Panama, St. Pierre and Miquelon, American Polynesia, and Japan.

Foreign Affairs: China is going crazy. Their borders extend from China/Korea all the way to Modern Day Persia. For reference, Russian borders are pre-our timeline-WW1 Russian borders. @Hestia11

Military: Our military is semi-active. Some of our military is in Pacific Bases, while others are static.

Economy: The economy levels out after the small dip, but hasn't grown more again.

Trade: Trade takes a sharp dive after the fight over denationalization worries both the public and private shippers.

Budget: Our budget is currently balanced, with no debt. Our budget consists of the income of 42% taxes 42% tariff 10% overseas territories/canals and 6% nationalized industries, and the expenditure of 55% military 10% gov. upkeep 25% infrastructure 5% disaster and 5% surplus growth. (SD: 30) For reference, SD just helps me keep up with the surplus. Its not equivalent to any American currency.

Social Harmony: The country is united, but losing more of the ultimate national unity of the past two decades.

Immigration: Immigration levels continue to surge.

Mood of the people: People are becoming scared of the global affairs.

Party Power: Liberals manage to earn a majority in the Senate, but the Conservatives have a tiny majority in the House.

Popularity of the Incumbent: The president is average, ending midterms with a 54% approval rating and 32% disapproval rating from the past poll.

 

-------------

Congress

Liberals 55/104 Senate 38% US Rep

Conservatives 48/104 Senate 50%+1 US Rep

Socialists 1/104 Senate 12% US Rep

 

State of Affairs @Hestia11

 

Quote

Forty Ships since your shipbuilding initiatives of the past are ready to be serviced. How many of them do you wish to add to the military? Monetary wise, adding all forty would likely cut the remaining surplus from the budget, but not throw it over budget.

 

Quote

Bomb results have been extraordinary successful. Highly efficient bombs (not nuclear) have now been mastered. [Equivalent to late-WW2 tech bombs] However, fully integrating these bombs into our army will cost our surplus for 2 years.

 

Quote

Your Secretary of Defense finally gets the balls to fix his department, and vehicle research is back.

 

Quote

By replying to this, you officially start Congressional battle two over denationalization.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Kingthero said:
Quote

Forty Ships since your shipbuilding initiatives of the past are ready to be serviced. How many of them do you wish to add to the military? Monetary wise, adding all forty would likely cut the remaining surplus from the budget, but not throw it over budget.

 

The President proposes that we add 15 ships to the military for now.

14 hours ago, Kingthero said:
Quote

Bomb results have been extraordinary successful. Highly efficient bombs (not nuclear) have now been mastered. [Equivalent to late-WW2 tech bombs] However, fully integrating these bombs into our army will cost our surplus for 2 years.

 

This is worth the price. Start this straight away.

14 hours ago, Kingthero said:
Quote

Your Secretary of Defense finally gets the balls to fix his department, and vehicle research is back.

 

President Ellis is glad that he has finally grown a pair.

14 hours ago, Kingthero said:
Quote

By replying to this, you officially start Congressional battle two over denationalization.

 

Oops. lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hestia11 said:

The President proposes that we add 15 ships to the military for now.

This is worth the price. Start this straight away.

President Ellis is glad that he has finally grown a pair.

Oops. lol

 

Libertarian Plan Attempt 2#

 

It starts in the House, which easily passes with Conservative support.

 

When it reaches the Senate, it has full Conservative support, and now it needs Liberal support. By a vote of 54-50, it reaches your desk. I assume you veto it, so it goes for a veto override.

 

It starts in the house again, but it only reaches on 62% of the 66% of votes needed to continue, therefore killing the bills.

 

Presidential Plan Attempt 2#

 

It starts in the House. However, only a fraction of socialists and conservatives join the already fractured Liberals, failing the bill.

 

You have one more congressional action before election is called.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Kingthero said:

 

Libertarian Plan Attempt 2#

 

It starts in the House, which easily passes with Conservative support.

 

When it reaches the Senate, it has full Conservative support, and now it needs Liberal support. By a vote of 54-50, it reaches your desk. I assume you veto it, so it goes for a veto override.

 

It starts in the house again, but it only reaches on 62% of the 66% of votes needed to continue, therefore killing the bills.

 

Presidential Plan Attempt 2#

 

It starts in the House. However, only a fraction of socialists and conservatives join the already fractured Liberals, failing the bill.

 

You have one more congressional action before election is called.

We do nothing further with nationalization. They have refused to compromise, and that's their choice. We're fully ready for the next election cycle.

Link to post
Share on other sites
State of the Union for Election of 1948
 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

National Strength: We rank 2nd in the list of the top 10 countries: Russia, United States, Germany, France, China, Great Britain, Mexico, Austria, Sweden, Spain.

Military Strength: Our professional army is 40,000 men and 75 ships, with a reserve army of 120,000 men solely for defense. We have naval bases in Hawaii, Cuba, Panama, St. Pierre and Miquelon, American Polynesia, and Japan.

Foreign Affairs: China is going crazy. Their borders extend from China/Korea all the way to Modern Day Persia. For reference, Russian borders are pre-our timeline-WW1 Russian borders.

Military: Our military is semi-active. Some of our military is in Pacific Bases, while others are static.

Economy: The economy takes another small dip after uncertain Congressional battles.

Trade: Trade continues to take a sharp dive after the fight over denationalization worries both the public and private shippers.

Budget: Our budget is currently balanced, and it has no debt. Our budget consists of the income of 45% taxes 40% tariff 10% overseas territories/canals and 5% nationalized industries, and the expenditure of 60% military 15% gov. upkeep 25% infrastructure and 0% surplus growth. (SD: 30)

Social Harmony: The country is united, and it has stabilized its unity decline.

Immigration: Immigration levels slow the rapid exponential growth, however the huge influx of immigration has led to housing shortages and high unemployment.

Mood of the people: People are becoming scared of the global affairs.

Party Power: Liberals manage to earn a majority in the Senate, but the Conservatives have a tiny majority in the House. There is room for an insurgent ticket for both the idea of Libertarianism and Populism.

Popularity of the Incumbent: The president is average, ending midterms with a 59% approval rating and 28% disapproval rating from the past poll.

____________________________________________

Name and office:

Age:

Party:

Resident state: 

VP nominee: 

Key Issue to Defend in Theoretical Debate:

Platform (see State of the Union):

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kingthero said:
State of the Union for Election of 1948
 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

National Strength: We rank 2nd in the list of the top 10 countries: Russia, United States, Germany, France, China, Great Britain, Mexico, Austria, Sweden, Spain.

Military Strength: Our professional army is 40,000 men and 75 ships, with a reserve army of 120,000 men solely for defense. We have naval bases in Hawaii, Cuba, Panama, St. Pierre and Miquelon, American Polynesia, and Japan.

Foreign Affairs: China is going crazy. Their borders extend from China/Korea all the way to Modern Day Persia. For reference, Russian borders are pre-our timeline-WW1 Russian borders.

Military: Our military is semi-active. Some of our military is in Pacific Bases, while others are static.

Economy: The economy takes another small dip after uncertain Congressional battles.

Trade: Trade continues to take a sharp dive after the fight over denationalization worries both the public and private shippers.

Budget: Our budget is currently balanced, and it has no debt. Our budget consists of the income of 45% taxes 40% tariff 10% overseas territories/canals and 5% nationalized industries, and the expenditure of 60% military 15% gov. upkeep 25% infrastructure and 0% surplus growth. (SD: 30)

Social Harmony: The country is united, and it has stabilized its unity decline.

Immigration: Immigration levels slow the rapid exponential growth, however the huge influx of immigration has led to housing shortages and high unemployment.

Mood of the people: People are becoming scared of the global affairs.

Party Power: Liberals manage to earn a majority in the Senate, but the Conservatives have a tiny majority in the House. There is room for an insurgent ticket for both the idea of Libertarianism and Populism.

Popularity of the Incumbent: The president is average, ending midterms with a 59% approval rating and 28% disapproval rating from the past poll.

____________________________________________

Name and office:

Age:

Party:

Resident state: 

VP nominee: 

Key Issue to Defend in Theoretical Debate:

Platform (see State of the Union):

Name and office: Hudson Wallace, Agriculture Businessman (Essentially Henry A. Wallace). (Populism, Libertarianism and Socialism is here).

 Race and gender, if other than white male: White Male.

Party: Socialist Labor Party (Originally a member of the moderate wing of the Conservative Party but defected to the Progressive Wing of the Liberal Party, he later defected to the Socialist Labor Party).

Resident state: Iowa.

Platform (see State of the Union): 

National Strength: Aim to move up one or two ranks in the top 10 country rankings.

Military Strength: Maintain the military and navy at the troop and ship levels they are currently at if the budget allows for it. Maintain naval bases in Hawaii, Cuba, Panama, St. Pierre and Miquelon, American Polynesia and Japan if those territories consent to them being maintained, withdraw from them if consent is not given. 

Foreign Affairs: Enact a policy of strict neutrality only engage in warfare if we are attacked or for humanitarian reasons (Or in exceptional circumstances). The Socialist Labor Party pledges to support democracy, self-determination, free trade, and principles of non-aggression in American post-war foreign policy. Continue to support the League of Nations' development. Place harsh sanctions on China for all invading the territories they have done. Support nations that may be invaded next by China. Continue to give funding to rebels in Chinese occupied lands. Start putting out feelers to other nations for a possible alliance against Fascist China. The party supports the current President's stance on Russia and would continue along the same path.

Military: Have the military and navy perform training exercises to be prepared for any other possible attacks or potential humanitarian intervention. Pursue research into the possibility of the development of a nuclear bomb. Begin building up the military in case of a possible attack from China. 

Economy: Legalise, Tax and Regulate sex work (prostitution etc). Implement the "perfect" tax also known as the land value tax. Introduce a wall street transaction tax. Create the Federal Housing Administration this will standards for construction and underwriting and insures loans made by banks and other private lenders for home building. The goals of this organization are to improve housing standards and conditions, provide an adequate home financing system through insurance of mortgage loans, and to stabilize the mortgage market. Aim to construct 1 million or more new homes to rent or buy. 

Trade: Create free trade deals with nations if they agree to strict protections for workers and the natural resources of the nations involved. The shipping industry will remain nationalized.

Budget: A deficit is fine. Focus on how the government can make people's lives better.

Social Harmony: No comment.

Immigration: All immigrants are welcome as long as they have not committed serious crimes. 

Mood of the people: No Comment. 

Popularity of the Incumbent: No comment.   

Social Issues: Decriminalise homosexuality and allow homosexuals to get married like everyone else. Legalise abortion. Legalise birth control. Etc.

Electoral and governmental reform: Elections shall be publicly funded; the electoral college shall be abolished; The recall election (citizens may remove an elected official before the end of his term) shall be created; The referendum (citizens may decide on a law by popular vote) will be created; The initiative (citizens may propose a law by petition and enact it by popular vote) will be created; Judicial recall (when a court declares a law unconstitutional, the citizens may override that ruling by popular vote) will be created; the constitution shall be amended several times; etc.

Party Power: Campaign vigorously against both the Liberal and Conservative Parties in both the Presidential Race and Congressional Races.

 

Key Issue to Defend in Theoretical Debate: Electoral and Governmental reform.

 

VP nominee: Lloyd Thomas (NY).

 

The focus of this platform is to create a government that is transparent, accountable and here to help and not hinder the citizens of the nation.

The party still advocates for the economic policies presented in previous party platforms.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote
On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 7:38 PM, Kingthero said:
State of the Union for Election of 1948
 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

National Strength: We rank 2nd in the list of the top 10 countries: Russia, United States, Germany, France, China, Great Britain, Mexico, Austria, Sweden, Spain.

Military Strength: Our professional army is 40,000 men and 75 ships, with a reserve army of 120,000 men solely for defense. We have naval bases in Hawaii, Cuba, Panama, St. Pierre and Miquelon, American Polynesia, and Japan.

Foreign Affairs: China is going crazy. Their borders extend from China/Korea all the way to Modern Day Persia. For reference, Russian borders are pre-our timeline-WW1 Russian borders.

Military: Our military is semi-active. Some of our military is in Pacific Bases, while others are static.

Economy: The economy takes another small dip after uncertain Congressional battles.

Trade: Trade continues to take a sharp dive after the fight over denationalization worries both the public and private shippers.

Budget: Our budget is currently balanced, and it has no debt. Our budget consists of the income of 45% taxes 40% tariff 10% overseas territories/canals and 5% nationalized industries, and the expenditure of 60% military 15% gov. upkeep 25% infrastructure and 0% surplus growth. (SD: 30)

Social Harmony: The country is united, and it has stabilized its unity decline.

Immigration: Immigration levels slow the rapid exponential growth, however the huge influx of immigration has led to housing shortages and high unemployment.

Mood of the people: People are becoming scared of the global affairs.

Party Power: Liberals manage to earn a majority in the Senate, but the Conservatives have a tiny majority in the House. There is room for an insurgent ticket for both the idea of Libertarianism and Populism.

Popularity of the Incumbent: The president is average, ending midterms with a 59% approval rating and 28% disapproval rating from the past poll.

____________________________________________

Name and office:

Age:

Party:

Resident state: 

VP nominee: 

Key Issue to Defend in Theoretical Debate:

Platform (see State of the Union):

 

Name and office: George Woodburrow, Fmr. Senator and Businessman

 Race and gender, if other than white male: White Male.

Party: Libertarian

Resident state: New York

VP Nominee: Harold Curtis

Platform (see State of the Union): 

National Strength: We will be #1. America is the true greatest nation in the world and we will prove it in these strength rankings. As our current president lacks the leadership and integrity we need in times with Russia and China being threats to American safety. This is a time of turmoil, and America being #1 would prove we are capable of holding strong in such times.

Military Strength:Defense purposes should be the main purpose, keep all bases active and on defense, as China is a main threat, and make a few more military bases in areas like Cuba and some of our allies territories. It is time we move on from the "military shows agressiveness" stage, and the Libertarian candidate this election will show that.

Foreign Affairs: Strictly repremand China and Russia, take no excuses and put on sanctions to both China and Russia. Support rebels anonymously, aswell as declare neutrality for a matter of time, to look like we are playing nice, while secretly strategizing with our allies to possibly end facist China, and try to form a secretive Anti-Facism movement for China and Russia, while also downplaying China's large agressiveness to expand nearly into Europe.

Military: Training constantly, propaganda to take in recruits and in the case China goes wild execute heavy propaganda, research many technological advances to our Military aswell.

Economy:  Attempt to maintain the current economic status, as we are doing fine and not in debt. As mentioned in Trade speeches, the weak stances the Liberal and Conservatives have taken on about denationalization has been sickening, and we cannot let this pass nor let this socialism rule our nation with sad, weak movements.

Trade: Create free trade and slap down this "denationalization" idea, because if denationalization bills pass, our trade will plummet, aswell as our economy. This is an uptight, left winged movement the Liberals tricked the Conservatives into believing is right wing, and the POTUS luckily delayed it far enough to reach into the election. 

Budget: Avoid a deficit immediately, lower spending by a slight amount and the rest stay as is.

Social Harmony: No comment.

Immigration: We will protect our people from men of other nations that appear suspicious, but all immigrants who have not committed a crime have opportunites to become citizens. 

Mood of the people: Assure people we are doing fine, This will all be handled fine and pass over after a while. 

Popularity of the Incumbent: We give some valid reasons of "gaffe's" by her administration while pointing out her weak stances on the Military and Immigration.

Party Power: Campaign vigorously against the Conservative, Liberal and Soc. Lab. Parties in both the Presidential Race and Congressional Races, while encouraging voters to vote for integrity, leadership, and non-corruption, which is the Woodburrow/Curtis campaign.

 

Key Issue to Defend in Theoretical Debate: Libertarian Military Views

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NYConservative said:

Name and office: George Woodburrow, Fmr. Senator and Businessman

 Race and gender, if other than white male: White Male.

Party: Conservative

Resident state: New York

VP Nominee: Harold Curtis

Platform (see State of the Union): 

National Strength: We will be #1. America is the true greatest nation in the world and we will prove it in these strength rankings.

Military Strength:Defense purposes should be the main purpose, keep all bases active and on defense, as China is a main threat, and make a few more military bases in areas like Cuba and some of our allies territories.

Foreign Affairs: Strictly repremand China and Russia, take no excuses and put on sanctions to both China and Russia. Support rebels anonymously, aswell as declare neutrality for a matter of time, to look like we are playing nice, while secretly strategizing with our allies to possibly end facist China.

Military: Training constantly, propaganda to take in recruits and in the case China goes wild execute heavy propaganda, research many technological advances to our Military aswell.

Economy:  Attempt to maintain the current economic status, as we are doing fine and not in debt.

Trade: Create free trade and slap down this "denationalization" idea, because if denationalization bills pass, our trade will plummet, aswell as our economy.

Budget: Help the people, keep them happy.

Social Harmony: No comment.

Immigration: We will protect our people from men of other nations that appear suspicious, but all immigrants who have not committed a crime have opportunites to become citizens. 

Mood of the people: Assure people we are doing fine, This will all be handled fine and pass over after a while. 

Popularity of the Incumbent: No comment.  

Party Power: Campaign vigorously against both the Liberal and Soc. Lab. Parties in both the Presidential Race and Congressional Races.

 

Key Issue to Defend in Theoretical Debate: Conservative Military Views

OOC: oh god i really screwed up when making this one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Kingthero said:
State of the Union for Election of 1948
 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

National Strength: We rank 2nd in the list of the top 10 countries: Russia, United States, Germany, France, China, Great Britain, Mexico, Austria, Sweden, Spain.

Military Strength: Our professional army is 40,000 men and 75 ships, with a reserve army of 120,000 men solely for defense. We have naval bases in Hawaii, Cuba, Panama, St. Pierre and Miquelon, American Polynesia, and Japan.

Foreign Affairs: China is going crazy. Their borders extend from China/Korea all the way to Modern Day Persia. For reference, Russian borders are pre-our timeline-WW1 Russian borders.

Military: Our military is semi-active. Some of our military is in Pacific Bases, while others are static.

Economy: The economy takes another small dip after uncertain Congressional battles.

Trade: Trade continues to take a sharp dive after the fight over denationalization worries both the public and private shippers.

Budget: Our budget is currently balanced, and it has no debt. Our budget consists of the income of 45% taxes 40% tariff 10% overseas territories/canals and 5% nationalized industries, and the expenditure of 60% military 15% gov. upkeep 25% infrastructure and 0% surplus growth. (SD: 30)

Social Harmony: The country is united, and it has stabilized its unity decline.

Immigration: Immigration levels slow the rapid exponential growth, however the huge influx of immigration has led to housing shortages and high unemployment.

Mood of the people: People are becoming scared of the global affairs.

Party Power: Liberals manage to earn a majority in the Senate, but the Conservatives have a tiny majority in the House. There is room for an insurgent ticket for both the idea of Libertarianism and Populism.

Popularity of the Incumbent: The president is average, ending midterms with a 59% approval rating and 28% disapproval rating from the past poll.

____________________________________________

Name and office:

Age:

Party:

Resident state: 

VP nominee: 

Key Issue to Defend in Theoretical Debate:

Platform (see State of the Union):

Fmr. Vice President Carly Trebuano

56 year-old White Woman

Conservative

Michigan

Sen. Dan Cruz (C-FL)

We will defend our ability to effectively govern and our defense of American Security, Liberty, and Values.

National Strength: This administration's ineptitude on the national stage has been born for all the world to see. We can no longer afford this weak leadership when faced with a mysterious Russian superpower. We will attack the Liberals inconsistency and weakness on the Russia question and we pledge to stand against them and to become the most powerful nation on the planet, we can not afford any less when faced with the possibility of a Russo-Chinese superwar.

Military: We cannot afford to lose our bases and our military superiority in the Atlantic and Pacific theaters. This President has run one show of a Defense Department ripe with incompetence and disobedience. It's time for competent and strong leadership, and the Conservatives have a record of this. From spearheading the war effort as Senate Leader under President Talbot to keeping us safe as Vice President under my mentor President Hillsbury, I have the Defense credentials we so desperately need in these trying times.

Foreign Affairs: We need to bolster our allies in Europe and Asia against a possible Russo-Chinese superwar. We don't want to be involved unless our great allies are threatened or one of these powers teeters on hegemony. American influence and interests are not to be sacrificed in the sake of political war or political peace. National Security is not a political game.

Economy: We MUST denationalize the shipping industry. The entire Conservative Party and much of the Liberal Party is united around this but yet again the President stonewalls freedom and progress. This is our day 1 Trade policy, denationalize and make trade deals like there is no tomorrow. Furthermore, we have to fight against the overbearing, job killing, and unconstitutional advances of Socialism. We stand for a free and Conservative economy. We are glad that our economists and economic theory have kept the market stable even as we have a Liberal in the White House. We do acknowledge the President for her ceding the Liberal Platform regarding regulation to the Conservative platform of the same.

Trade: As seen above, denationalization is one of the biggest initiatives we hope to embark as we march forward into the 50s, hoping to form a more powerful America. This is of the utmost importance and we even reach out to Libertarian Liberals to support some of our candidates in an order to keep the economy free and growing and to shrink the government.

Budget: This has grown to be a bipartisan issue, no one wants debt and we will keep it this way.

Social Issues: The socialist policies of corrupting our values and defiling Marriage is absolutely ridiculous, we stand for funding of education programs for our children and other types of PSAs in order to keep our nation safe from threats against these values. We rally the Moralist base with these issues and point to the Liberals and Socialists as parties of moral decay at odds with the supermajority of decent Americans.

Immigration: Perhaps we should begin to cut back into immigration restrictions in order to keep the economic growth for Americans. We'll be bringing this up as a lower priority issue in order to stabilize the economy.

Mood: Likewise, as we have said, we'll be making sure we only intervene if American influence is threatened.

Party: We campaign heavily on Defense, Denationalization, and Moralism to rally an American people ready for a change to strong leadership.

President: We mostly focus on her administration's Defense blunders and attack Socialist/Liberal policies, not politicians, in other areas.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

President Ellis announces she will not seek a third term, believing in a two term precedent, she will wait to endorse until potential Liberal primaries are over.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Senator Leroy D. Upton of North Carolina endorses Former Vice President Trebuano for the presidency.

We need a true fighter in the oval office again and I believe Carly is this fighter. I trust her and I urge all people who are conservative-minded and down-to-earth to vote for her. This country needs true leadership again and Carly will provide it no matter what problems might be ahead of us. In order to give us a working majority I also urge all the people who care about small government to vote for the Conservative Party in all races. Thank you and God bless you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

Fmr. Vice President Carly Trebuano

56 year-old White Woman

Conservative

Michigan

Sen. Dan Cruz (C-FL)

We will defend our ability to effectively govern and our defense of American Security, Liberty, and Values.

National Strength: This administration's ineptitude on the national stage has been born for all the world to see. We can no longer afford this weak leadership when faced with a mysterious Russian superpower. We will attack the Liberals inconsistency and weakness on the Russia question and we pledge to stand against them and to become the most powerful nation on the planet, we can not afford any less when faced with the possibility of a Russo-Chinese superwar.

Military: We cannot afford to lose our bases and our military superiority in the Atlantic and Pacific theaters. This President has run one show of a Defense Department ripe with incompetence and disobedience. It's time for competent and strong leadership, and the Conservatives have a record of this. From spearheading the war effort as Senate Leader under President Talbot to keeping us safe as Vice President under my mentor President Hillsbury, I have the Defense credentials we so desperately need in these trying times.

Foreign Affairs: We need to bolster our allies in Europe and Asia against a possible Russo-Chinese superwar. We don't want to be involved unless our great allies are threatened or one of these powers teeters on hegemony. American influence and interests are not to be sacrificed in the sake of political war or political peace. National Security is not a political game.

Economy: We MUST denationalize the shipping industry. The entire Conservative Party and much of the Liberal Party is united around this but yet again the President stonewalls freedom and progress. This is our day 1 Trade policy, denationalize and make trade deals like there is no tomorrow. Furthermore, we have to fight against the overbearing, job killing, and unconstitutional advances of Socialism. We stand for a free and Conservative economy. We are glad that our economists and economic theory have kept the market stable even as we have a Liberal in the White House. We do acknowledge the President for her ceding the Liberal Platform regarding regulation to the Conservative platform of the same.

Trade: As seen above, denationalization is one of the biggest initiatives we hope to embark as we march forward into the 50s, hoping to form a more powerful America. This is of the utmost importance and we even reach out to Libertarian Liberals to support some of our candidates in an order to keep the economy free and growing and to shrink the government.

Budget: This has grown to be a bipartisan issue, no one wants debt and we will keep it this way.

Social Issues: The socialist policies of corrupting our values and defiling Marriage is absolutely ridiculous, we stand for funding of education programs for our children and other types of PSAs in order to keep our nation safe from threats against these values. We rally the Moralist base with these issues and point to the Liberals and Socialists as parties of moral decay at odds with the supermajority of decent Americans.

Immigration: Perhaps we should begin to cut back into immigration restrictions in order to keep the economic growth for Americans. We'll be bringing this up as a lower priority issue in order to stabilize the economy.

Mood: Likewise, as we have said, we'll be making sure we only intervene if American influence is threatened.

Party: We campaign heavily on Defense, Denationalization, and Moralism to rally an American people ready for a change to strong leadership.

President: We mostly focus on her administration's Defense blunders and attack Socialist/Liberal policies, not politicians, in other areas.

 

OOC: o noes, rip me ;-;

Link to post
Share on other sites

Name and office: Sec. of State Kristen Langford

Age: 62

Party: Liberal

Resident state: Former Senator from Iowa

VP nominee: Gov. Jerry Francis (L-MA)

Key Issue to Defend in Theoretical Debate:

Platform (see State of the Union):

National Strength: Under the leadership of President Ellis, she has managed to contain the Russians and the Chinese. We have not seen a major war since the Chinese-British war in East Asia. Our plans are working there. Russia has not attacked anyone yet, and we are working to shore up those who will contain them. We propose to train militaries on the Russian border, including Romania, Turkey (assuming the Ottoman fell), Bulgaria, Austria, Germany, and Sweden. 

Military Strength: We think this is adequate for now, but we may have to call up some in the future if China begins to make dangerous moves in the Pacific, or the Russians do in Europe. 

Foreign Affairs: Russia and China are our biggest threats globally. We need to handle them with a competent foreign policy, which Conservatives seem to lack the policy know-how to do. Liberals have kept the Chinese and Russians at bay. While I ran the State Department, I went all across the globe shoring up support for our alliance against these two foes. I have the foreign policy chops and I know how to handle the Russians and the Chinese both. Russia itself has not invaded anyone as of yet, but we always must keep on our guard. We believe this is for a specific reason, and we are working to figure out what that is.

Military: Sec. Langford would like to broach the idea of a military base in Europe, possibly based in Southern France. Since we helped them in their civil war, we could frame it as an anniversary of it, while training French troops. That way, we could easily keep up to date with our European allies on Russia. She would speak with French, German, and British leaders about if any of their countries would be willing to do that. She would speak with Persia on China, as well. 

Economy: Liberals have maintained the economy well over the past 8 years. We have taken over after unprecedented growth, and we enacted a huge infrastructure bill, yet managed to balance the budget. We point out that we were the stewards of a good economy, and that we will continue to grow it in the next election and every election after that. Our main focus is on the military, but we do propose a large tariff raise on China, Russia, and their conspirators. Any puppet governments would be subject to this massive tariff raise as well. 

Trade: We take the attack to the Conservatives over their denationalization plans. They seem to prefer to stick to policy hit points than do what's best for the American consumer, which is what the Liberal platform was. We proposed exploratory deregulation, and then we'd evaluate after that if it grew or hit the national economy. They seemed to want to denationalize no matter what, even if it was bad for the American consumer. We point out that they wanted their policy, not prosperity. 

Budget: Little to say here than we have already said.

Social Harmony: We are grateful the country has united.

Immigration: We dealt with the housing crisis in a reasonable form, and as we predicted, it went away. High unemployment is another issue. We propose to tackle it with a massive jobs-aid service, proposing that the government goes out of its way to bring employers and employees together, by matching what they did in college or have done before, connecting them with jobs in other states. 

Mood of the people: This is a reasonable concern, and I have detailed what I'd do above. 

Party Power: We urge people to vote Liberal down ballot, especially in local races. That's where we need wins the most.

Popularity of the Incumbent: We run close to the President, as she ended relatively popular, nearing 60% approval. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NYConservative said:

OOC: anyone mind if i just edit woodburrow and say he created a party with Curtis, a hard center-right party called the libertarians?

I think that'd be plausible. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm gonna delay the election until he makes up his mind; I warn you though starting a new party is a lot more effort than a few sentences. Note how the Socialist party started even with a lot of effort. Plus, being a Conservative going Libertarian with a strong Conservative candidate and a strong Liberal candidate to keep those libertarians in is going to be tough.

 

You'd have more luck with populism.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...