Jump to content
270soft Forum

New Historical President RP


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

Vice President Hillsbury and Senate Majority Leader Trebuano put their use of Patriotic themes to the ultimate test this midterm in order to bolster Conservative support as they embark on a whistle-stop tour across the nation to embolden Conservative Congressional margins at President Talbot's behest

The President thanks Vice President Hillsbury and Senator Trebuano for their contributions to our patriotic cause. If people will follow their advises to vote for the right cause we see a prosperous and united future in front of us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PONAFA ACT- Liberals visit the White House to tell the President they intend to vote down the measure. They would be willing to come to a compromise which would give the same authority, but reasonable doubt must be presented to a responsible board in order for someone to conduct surveillance. In other words, proof must be first presented before they are under surveillance.

MIDTERM LIBERAL STRATEGY

Liberals will not hit the Conservative Party on the war at all. Instead they highlight how the Liberal Party has been conducting jointly with the Conservatives in Congress to continue this war in a bipartisan manner. Despite what the VP says, both parties fiercely support America, and the war would not change if Liberals would be in charge of Congress. We encourage our candidates to hold a wide spectrum of issues, and will not hold them in contempt if they stray from the party dogma. Our more left-leaning supporters will run in Socialist districts, while our more centrist politicians will run in Conservative districts. We focus on a positive, economic message for the midterms. The current administration has the job of multitasking as the incumbent. However, we have seen they are unable to manage the economy in wartime. No economic packages have been offered to Congress. Liberals would bring back a focus on the American people, to try and forge new deals with other countries to bring jobs to the US. Liberals believe in America. And it's not just because we've been born here. We believe America is  best because America is good. We have shown immense bipartisanship by any standard in this term, and we will continue that. We hope the Conservatives replicate what our promise is: to include the opposition party in war details even if they are not in power. We do, however, hold them accountable for their actions with regards to Puerto Rico. Liberals have sufficient knowledge to believe they wished to remain a territory. Conservatives should respect the opinions of the Puerto Rican people and not submit their statehood until it is widely supported on the island. To be clear, we would support their candidacy if they wished to become a state. Liberal Rep. Paula Reur tells the American people of her story, rising through the ranks because America is good. For her, a woman, to become House Minority Leader, speaks to the courage of America. Regardless of party identification or ideological belief, we are all to be commended for raising America right. We have had a woman VP and two black VPs (I'm sorry if I'm off on numbers, those are the ones I know), no other country in the world could do that but us. We will triumph over the Japanese not only because of our military strength, but because America is the greatest nation on the planet. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

PONAFA ACT- Liberals visit the White House to tell the President they intend to vote down the measure. They would be willing to come to a compromise which would give the same authority, but reasonable doubt must be presented to a responsible board in order for someone to conduct surveillance. In other words, proof must be first presented before they are under surveillance.

The President is supportive of this compromise in order to show his bi-partisanship as well, but one question remains. How do we find proof without watching them closely? However, I trust our law enforcement agencies to get this job done if we authorize them all necessary options. So if we get this compromise done we are able to show Americans that we truly intend to move our nation forward.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

The President is supportive of this compromise in order to show his bi-partisanship as well, but one question remains. How do we find proof without watching them closely? However, I trust our law enforcement agencies to get this job done if we authorize them all necessary options. So if we get this compromise done we are able to show Americans that we truly intend to move our nation forward.

It would be up to local law enforcement if they believed something was up, then yes. We are glad the President was willing to sign the compromise bill and announce their support in Congress

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hestia11 said:

It would be up to local law enforcement if they believed something was up, then yes. We are glad the President was willing to sign the compromise bill and announce their support in Congress

Thank you very much! The President recognizes the Liberal efforts to bring our country together and views them as being part of the honorable opposition. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

I always believed that it is our duty to put our nation at the top and I strongly believe that people who are willing to stand at our side should get advantages of being part of the American dream. Saying that I endorse both Cuba and Puerto Rico becoming a US state by the end of my term. Until that time we will start to build up their infrastructure and their local industries more and more. Of course this has to be determined by the Congress and I hope my fellow Conservatives and first and foremost my fellow Americans will also see the potential by admitting these regions into our Union.

This will be presented to Congress after Midterms.

 

Quote

Since we made good effort on the naval front I expect our Army to get a victory in another attempt. Therefore we will together with the French reinforcements launch another full-scale attack until we capture what we need to make the Japanese surrender quickly. Order our newly constructed planes to drop propaganda leaflets denouncing the Japanese aggression and hopefully the people will wake up and no longer support their government. Remind them that the longer they support their shady and treasonous leader the more they will suffer and this surely includes the civilian population as well.

An assault of 35,000 French and 25,000 U.S. troops take a northern assault to Japan's northernmost island with their naval supremacy, and successfully establish ownership over this island. Casualties from this invasion are 2,000 French and 1,500 U.S. troops. Japan's 10,000 in the northern most island surrender.

 

A followup invasion to Japan's main island has begun, and we have officially established landfall. We have pushed fifty miles south. Japan lost 7,500 men to our 3,000 French and 3,500 U.S. 

 

Propaganda leaflets have achieved great success, as there are anti-war rebels in various cities throughout Japan.

 

China gets bogged down in Korea.

 

OVERALL STATUS OF THE WAR: American-French-Chinese side is winning, however with high American casualties (27,000 so far).

 

SOLDIER STATUS:

 

Active- 33,000 (23,000 in the Pacific Front and 10,000 protecting bases and in Puerto Rico)

Active Reserve- 50,000 (En route to the Pacific Front)

Inactive Reserve- 70,000 (Are ready to be deployed.)

Navy: 50 ships.

French: 35,000 Men + Naval support

 

WAR POPULARITY:

 

Our string of victories has increased the popularity of the war to an astounding 90%.

 

Quote

I also order at least 50.000 men from the reserve to support our troops in combat, if Congress backs this move.

You don't need Congress, Commander in Chief. These will be in the region next war turn.

 

Quote

PONAFA ACT- Liberals visit the White House to tell the President they intend to vote down the measure. They would be willing to come to a compromise which would give the same authority, but reasonable doubt must be presented to a responsible board in order for someone to conduct surveillance. In other words, proof must be first presented before they are under surveillance.

The compromise bill passes.

 

MIDTERMS

 

Congress

Liberal 20/48 Senate 42% US Rep

Conservatives 27/48 Senate 47% US Rep

Socialists 1/48 Senate 11% US Rep

RP Note: Conservatives make gains in the Senate, but Liberals grab more house seats from a declining Socialist Party.

 

Popularity

Approval: 73%

Disapproval: 14%

Talbot is the most popular President within recent history.

 

Congress Votes @Conservative Elector 2 @Hestia11 @MBDemSoc

Statehood of Cuba (Backed by a majority of the population)

Statehood of Puerto Rico (Backed by a plurality of the population)

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Kingthero said:

This will be presented to Congress after Midterms.

 

An assault of 35,000 French and 25,000 U.S. troops take a northern assault to Japan's northernmost island with their naval supremacy, and successfully establish ownership over this island. Casualties from this invasion are 2,000 French and 1,500 U.S. troops. Japan's 10,000 in the northern most island surrender.

 

A followup invasion to Japan's main island has begun, and we have officially established landfall. We have pushed fifty miles south. Japan lost 7,500 men to our 3,000 French and 3,500 U.S. 

 

Propaganda leaflets have achieved great success, as there are anti-war rebels in various cities throughout Japan.

 

China gets bogged down in Korea.

 

OVERALL STATUS OF THE WAR: American-French-Chinese side is winning, however with high American casualties (27,000 so far).

 

SOLDIER STATUS:

 

Active- 33,000 (23,000 in the Pacific Front and 10,000 protecting bases and in Puerto Rico)

Active Reserve- 50,000 (En route to the Pacific Front)

Inactive Reserve- 70,000 (Are ready to be deployed.)

Navy: 50 ships.

French: 35,000 Men + Naval support

 

WAR POPULARITY:

 

Our string of victories has increased the popularity of the war to an astounding 90%.

 

You don't need Congress, Commander in Chief. These will be in the region next war turn.

 

The compromise bill passes.

 

MIDTERMS

 

Congress

Liberal 20/48 Senate 42% US Rep

Conservatives 27/48 Senate 47% US Rep

Socialists 1/48 Senate 11% US Rep

RP Note: Conservatives make gains in the Senate, but Liberals grab more house seats from a declining Socialist Party.

 

Popularity

Approval: 73%

Disapproval: 14%

Talbot is the most popular President within recent history.

 

Congress Votes @Conservative Elector 2 @Hestia11 @MBDemSoc

Statehood of Cuba (Backed by a majority of the population)

Statehood of Puerto Rico (Backed by a plurality of the population)

OOC: I thought you said Puerto Rico backed being a territory @Kingthero

If both Cuba and Puerto Rico back being a state, Liberals will support their accession into the United States. We celebrate our victories in the House, but worry about declining support in the Senate. Liberals begin a hunt for a candidate to challenge the President, but it isn't going well, as the President is popular and likely to win re-election. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

OOC: I thought you said Puerto Rico backed being a territory @Kingthero

If both Cuba and Puerto Rico back being a state, Liberals will support their accession into the United States. We celebrate our victories in the House, but worry about declining support in the Senate. Liberals begin a hunt for a candidate to challenge the President, but it isn't going well, as the President is popular and likely to win re-election. 

More results came in, that was the percentage of leaders wanting it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Kingthero said:

This will be presented to Congress after Midterms.

An assault of 35,000 French and 25,000 U.S. troops take a northern assault to Japan's northernmost island with their naval supremacy, and successfully establish ownership over this island. Casualties from this invasion are 2,000 French and 1,500 U.S. troops. Japan's 10,000 in the northern most island surrender.

A followup invasion to Japan's main island has begun, and we have officially established landfall. We have pushed fifty miles south. Japan lost 7,500 men to our 3,000 French and 3,500 U.S. 

Propaganda leaflets have achieved great success, as there are anti-war rebels in various cities throughout Japan.

China gets bogged down in Korea.

OVERALL STATUS OF THE WAR: American-French-Chinese side is winning, however with high American casualties (27,000 so far).

SOLDIER STATUS:

Active- 33,000 (23,000 in the Pacific Front and 10,000 protecting bases and in Puerto Rico)

Active Reserve- 50,000 (En route to the Pacific Front)

Inactive Reserve- 70,000 (Are ready to be deployed.)

Navy: 50 ships.

French: 35,000 Men + Naval support

WAR POPULARITY:

Our string of victories has increased the popularity of the war to an astounding 90%.

You don't need Congress, Commander in Chief. These will be in the region next war turn.

The compromise bill passes.

 

Talbot is the most popular President within recent history.

 

Statehood of Cuba (Backed by a majority of the population)

Statehood of Puerto Rico (Backed by a plurality of the population)

We are very very satisfied with the progress of the war. I hope the mission will be finished before our reinforcements have arrived. Remind the Japanese people that every hour they keep on fighting prolongs the suffering of the civilians in Japan and of their wounded. Once their capital has fallen the job will be more or less finished. If their leader feel at least a little bit of compassion toward their own people they order to stop fighting this lost cause immediately.

39 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

OOC: I thought you said Puerto Rico backed being a territory @Kingthero

If both Cuba and Puerto Rico back being a state, Liberals will support their accession into the United States. We celebrate our victories in the House, but worry about declining support in the Senate. Liberals begin a hunt for a candidate to challenge the President, but it isn't going well, as the President is popular and likely to win re-election. 

I am happy to see the statehood questions solved and I am again thankful for the bipartisan support.

Link to post
Share on other sites

When we continue to have successes in mainland Japan we will gladly help China out in Korea (they are basically helping us at the moment)

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Sami said:

@Kingthero would you like that I turn back and play some hardcore characters (you could ask if you would like that I play a particular politician even extremist) for the RP =).

As you manage it I could be interested to come back!

I would love to see a comeback because I love having a lot of active and committed players.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sami said:

@Kingthero would you like that I turn back and play some hardcore characters (you could ask if you would like that I play a particular politician even extremist) for the RP =).

As you manage it I could be interested to come back!

OOC: You could even try the Far-Right as we have already seen the Far-left rise and Fall. I'm not fond of either but it might be interesting to give it a go.

Senate Majority Leader Trebuano whips the Conservative Delegation in favor of Puerto Rican and Cuban statehood. @Kingthero

Gov. Dave Franklin has been elected to the Senate from Kentucky and has been installed as Senate Majority Whip.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

OOC: You could even try the Far-Right as we have already seen the Far-left rise and Fall. I'm not fond of either but it might be interesting to give it a go.

Senate Majority Leader Trebuano whips the Conservative Delegation in favor of Puerto Rican and Cuban statehood. @Kingthero

Gov. Dave Franklin has been elected to the Senate from Kentucky and has been installed as Senate Majority Whip.

 

The Socialist Labor Party is centre-left to left-wing, the far-left would be actual Marxist-Leninist Communists.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MBDemSoc said:

The Socialist Labor Party is centre-left to left-wing, the far-left would be actual Marxist-Leninist Communists.

Not in America my friend. Nothing Center-Left about you and Left is being generous.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

Not in America my friend. Nothing Center-Left about you and Left is being generous.

That's because the Overton window has shifted so far to the right that it is not funny.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sami said:

@Kingthero would you like that I turn back and play some hardcore characters (you could ask if you would like that I play a particular politician even extremist) for the RP =).

As you manage it I could be interested to come back!

There is a lot of potential for unique angles on issues. While our America is currently socially righter than historically, our economy is similar.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Reagan04 said:

OOC: You could even try the Far-Right as we have already seen the Far-left rise and Fall. I'm not fond of either but it might be interesting to give it a go.

Senate Majority Leader Trebuano whips the Conservative Delegation in favor of Puerto Rican and Cuban statehood. @Kingthero

Gov. Dave Franklin has been elected to the Senate from Kentucky and has been installed as Senate Majority Whip.

 

Cool to see you playing  here :)!

1 minute ago, Kingthero said:

There is a lot of potential for unique angles on issues. While our America is currently socially righter than historically, our economy is similar.

What I would like to do would be: A Far-Right on economy which would become Libertarian with the time (so extreme left on society with respect of different periods and far right on economy).

What character could it be :)? A Senator? A Governor? A ruler of party of course but if we can add some spice to the RP I'm there for!

@Conservative Elector 2 thanks for the invitation!

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Sami said:

Cool to see you playing  here :)!

What I would like to do would be: A Far-Right on economy which would become Libertarian with the time (so extreme left on society with respect of different periods and far right on economy).

What character could it be :)? A Senator? A Governor? A ruler of party of course but if we can add some spice to the RP I'm there for!

@Conservative Elector 2 thanks for the invitation!

You can be any character you want, you just either join a party by running a candidate under their party, or you create your own (creating your own is a super slow buildup though).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cuba and Puerto Rico become States. Cuba has 20 electoral votes, and Puerto Rico has 8.

 

China is still bogged down in Korea.

 

Our military gets bogged down in Japan. We and the French both lose one thousand men, and Japan loses two thousand.

 

Our reserves are now ready to join the invasion, and all troops are ready for more orders from the commander in chief @Conservative Elector 2

 

SOLDIER STATUS:

 

Active- 32,000 (22,000 in the Pacific Front and 10,000 protecting bases and in Puerto Rico)

Active Reserve- 50,000 (Ready for Invasions)

Inactive Reserve- 70,000 (Are ready to be deployed.)

Navy: 50 ships.

French: 34,000 Men + Naval support

 

WAR POPULARITY:

 

These bogged up invasions barely effect war popularity, as it lingers around 88%.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Kingthero said:

Cuba and Puerto Rico become States. Cuba has 20 electoral votes, and Puerto Rico has 8.

 

China is still bogged down in Korea.

 

Our military gets bogged down in Japan. We and the French both lose one thousand men, and Japan loses two thousand.

 

Our reserves are now ready to join the invasion, and all troops are ready for more orders from the commander in chief @Conservative Elector 2

 

SOLDIER STATUS:

 

Active- 32,000 (22,000 in the Pacific Front and 10,000 protecting bases and in Puerto Rico)

Active Reserve- 50,000 (Ready for Invasions)

Inactive Reserve- 70,000 (Are ready to be deployed.)

Navy: 50 ships.

French: 34,000 Men + Naval support

 

WAR POPULARITY:

 

These bogged up invasions barely effect war popularity, as it lingers around 88%.

OOC: "...only slightly less well-known than the adage 'don't get involved in a land war in Asia...'" Vicini, "The Princess Bride." :P

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MBDemSoc said:

That's because the Overton window has shifted so far to the right that it is not funny.

I find it slightly tickling 😛

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Kingthero said:

Cuba and Puerto Rico become States. Cuba has 20 electoral votes, and Puerto Rico has 8.

China is still bogged down in Korea.

Our military gets bogged down in Japan. We and the French both lose one thousand men, and Japan loses two thousand.

Our reserves are now ready to join the invasion, and all troops are ready for more orders from the commander in chief @Conservative Elector 2

SOLDIER STATUS:

 

Active- 32,000 (22,000 in the Pacific Front and 10,000 protecting bases and in Puerto Rico)

Active Reserve- 50,000 (Ready for Invasions)

Inactive Reserve- 70,000 (Are ready to be deployed.)

Navy: 50 ships.

French: 34,000 Men + Naval support

 

WAR POPULARITY:

 

These bogged up invasions barely effect war popularity, as it lingers around 88%.

I order our reserves to join our boys and the French with helping in the invasion. If we succeed in Japan, we will deploy to Korea in order to get our job done there. No changes to dropping propaganda leaflets, add for the Korean front an appeal to Korean independence activists so more percent of the population rebel against their colonists and join our efforts. We must remember them that Japan already betrayed them by their invasion years ago.

Hold an Admission to the Union state festival in the newly welcomed states, so we get our American spirit of liberty and freedom there.

I also would like to ask my dear friends Vice President Hillsbury and Senator Trebuano @Reagan04 to create an economical/financial program for our re-election and the aftermath of the war. The needs of our vets and their families should be considered strongly. Once the war is won, our economy will be booming nonetheless if my analyst's predictions are going to be true, because we will help to build up an America-friendly industry in the areas we are now liberating.

In the days after the war we need cooperation more than any hostilities. We will also need to make sure to guard those areas for a certain amount of time in order to quell down any potential new uprisings of extremist ideologies.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sami said:

(OOC: It seems that history changed a LOT)

(So no WW1 and monarchies in Europe as well as Austria-Hungary still consistent, is it right?)

As a side note, the current composition of monarchies in Europe consists of France, Britain, Germany, Ottomans, and Russia, while the republics are Spain, Portugal, Netherlands, Belgium, all of Scandinavia minus Denmark which was split up, and a reformed Austria-Hungary. The radicals are Italy and Greece. The rest are neutral, with mixed governments. 

 

The U.S. had the 49th State of Hawaii, the 50th State of Cuba, and the 51st State of Puerto Rico.

 

The economic dynamic is about where it was irl, but slightly more left, while the social dynamic is a decent difference to the right.

 

We haven't had a WW1, as the last major war was more a bigger Franco-Prussian war.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...