270soft Forum

New Historical President RP

2 hours ago, vcczar said:
State of the Union for Mar 1860

----------------------------------------------------------------------

National Strength: We have sunk behind Germany, and are now 4th in production. However, our defeat of Mexico, has made us into the only major power in the Western Hemisphere, if you exclude British Canada. 

Military Strength: We have 50,000 troops and 18 warships, and this needs to be replenished. 

Foreign Affairs: We lack any real alliances. 

Military: We have just secured a major victory over Mexico. Losses were rather large in this long-drawn out war. We currently are not engaged with our military. 

Economy: The war and speculation sunk our economy, which is slowly rebuilding.

Trade: The tariff is now moderate. Trade is increasing now that the war is over. 

Budget: Tariff and taxes are moderate. We should raise taxes or the tariff to pay off some of the Mexican War debt. 

Social Harmony: New England and the Deep South wish to leave the Union. So much depends on the Free-Slave status of the new territories taken from Mexico. 

Immigration: Restrictive. We have banned Irish and German immigration. Some industrialists are calling for the restrictions to be removed as workers have been killed in war and many are likely to move west. Some are calling for allowing immigrants to move West to fill out the Western territories. 

Mood of the people: Not good.

Popularity of the Incumbent: Pres. Morris is emphatically supported by expansionists, but he is opposed by the rest of the country. 

Party Power: No single party has an advantage, since the country is split between three parties. The Federalists have slightly larger representation in the US House, and now as well in the US Senate. Republicans are the smallest party. A new States Rights Party in the Deep South and Liberty Party in New England have formed over the slavery issue. Five Parties now exist. 

Will Pres. Morris run for, yet, another term? @WVProgressive Who will challenge him from his own party or from the other four? Fill out the below:

Name and Office:

Resident State:

Party:

Platform (look at the State of the Union above)

Name and Office: Governor Joshua Harris (1856 Federalist nominee)

Resident State: New York

Party: Federalist 

Platform:

National Strength: We need to beef up our navy to 24 ships immediately.

Foreign Affairs: Pursue closer bonds with Great Britain and work to heal ties with the French

Military: Focus on a stronger navy and stronger production base to create jobs

Trade and Economy: Keep the tariff moderate after the wars end and create jobs by doing more infrastructure projects 

Budget: The moderate tariffs should be enough as well as a slight increase in taxes for those with the most money

Social Harmony: Secession of anyone is completely unacceptable and will be not tolerated 

Immigration: More immigrants are needed to keep the money flowing into the US as well as an expanding market for goods

Popularity of the Incumbent: Morris was a compromiser who couldn’t keep a plan together. Things will change if I’m elected.

VP: Rep. Thaddeus Prince Of Alabama, Republican

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, WVProgressive said:

Social Harmony: We will secede if The South continues to impose their laws on us.

As both a proponent of a united nation and representative of our Southern brothers Governor Gloucester has to say, that the South never wanted to impose their laws on your states. So their is no need for Northern extremism. The other way round the South is not happy about the North's content pushing for universal laws in their boundaries. And although I am not happy about this, I, Governor Gloucester stand for the middle way and do not support secession of the South either. Both parts of the country should let the other part live their way of lives for now and try to make our nation together greater.

I'm too busy to right out a full platform for another few hours, but Senate Federalist Leader Andrew Woodbury announced his intention to run for the Federalist nomination. 

(I'm posting this in the name of expediency, I'll edit a full platform later) 

8 hours ago, vcczar said:
State of the Union for Mar 1860

National Strength: We have sunk behind Germany, and are now 4th in production. However, our defeat of Mexico, has made us into the only major power in the Western Hemisphere, if you exclude British Canada. 

Military Strength: We have 50,000 troops and 18 warships, and this needs to be replenished. 

Military: We have just secured a major victory over Mexico. Losses were rather large in this long-drawn out war. We currently are not engaged with our military. 

Trade: The tariff is now moderate. Trade is increasing now that the war is over. 

Budget: Tariff and taxes are moderate. We should raise taxes or the tariff to pay off some of the Mexican War debt. 

Social Harmony: New England and the Deep South wish to leave the Union. So much depends on the Free-Slave status of the new territories taken from Mexico. 

Immigration: Restrictive. We have banned Irish and German immigration. Some industrialists are calling for the restrictions to be removed as workers have been killed in war and many are likely to move west. Some are calling for allowing immigrants to move West to fill out the Western territories. 

Mood of the people: Not good.

Popularity of the Incumbent: Pres. Morris is emphatically supported by expansionists, but he is opposed by the rest of the country. 

Party Power: No single party has an advantage, since the country is split between three parties. The Federalists have slightly larger representation in the US House, and now as well in the US Senate. Republicans are the smallest party. A new States Rights Party in the Deep South and Liberty Party in New England have formed over the slavery issue. Five Parties now exist. 

Will Pres. Morris run for, yet, another term? @WVProgressive Who will challenge him from his own party or from the other four? Fill out the below:

Name and Office:

Resident State:

Party:

Platform (look at the State of the Union above)

Seeing the clear divide in his own party and in the nation; Now Gov. Jackson Williams (Elected in 1858 to withdrawal from U.S. Government) announces candidacy for State's Rights Party

Georgia

Military: We must always build up our military; as a veteran I believe in a massive force capable of destroying all those that oppose the American agenda!

Economy: TAXES AND TARIFFS ARE FEDERAL THEFT AND OVERREACH AND MUST BE MAJORLY SLASHED!

Trade: Trade our cotton everywhere!

Budget: The Federal Government must be extraordinarily diminished in power, read the Constitution!

Social Harmony: I don't blame my fellow Southerners for wanting to secede, if those abolitionist Northerners get too much more power, it ought to come to that.

Immigration: This is our nation of White Anglo-Saxon Protestants, period.

Incumbent: THAT ABOLITIONIST MODERATE HAD TO GO!

Sen. Yedver announces endorsement of his fellow Virginian Senator Henry Leech and is willing to serve as the Vice Presidential Nominee for either candidate.

58 minutes ago, vcczar said:

We need a platform for Wesley @Kingthero. We also need someone to make a VP for the American Progress Party. 

VP candidate Senator Ronald Sarian of Pennsylvania, Progress

5 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

Sen. Yedver announces endorsement of his fellow Virginian Senator Henry Leech and is willing to serve as the Vice Presidential Nominee for either candidate.

But if both are from Virginia it is not possible according to the law, is it?

1860 Election

This party pits five parties against one another in a time when the issue of Slavery is at a boiling point. People are deeply partisan on the issue. Pres. Morris opted not to run for reelection after a lengthy time in office. While he will be remembered for expanding the borders of the country and for winning a war, his terms will be known for both internal and external bloodshed. Morris fatigue has also caused fatigue for the two parties that Morris had served under--American Progress and the Federalists. This gives new found hope to the Republicans, and to the two newer parties that are rapidly on the rise, Liberty and States Rights, which are the only two parties taking a decisive stand one way or the other on slavery. 

American Progress Convention

Morris endorses Wesley, who is easily nominated. Sarian is the VP nominee. Wesley runs on his record, which is one that is of the old fashioned Pres. Henry-variety.

Federalist Convention

Federalists run three candidates. Maverick runs on a decisive abolitionist platform. Woodbury takes no platform. Harris takes a platform, but makes no real statement on slavery. Maverick wins on the third ballot, mostly because Woodbury and Harris cancel each other out. Houghes will be the VP nominee. 

Republican Convention

Republicans run two candidates, one for secession and one opposed. Leech, who supports secession, is defeated in the first round by Gloucester, who opposes secession. Leech had one Southern delegates, but could not gain any from the North or Midwest. Three border states went for Gloucester. The VP nominee is Prince. 

Liberty Convention

Brooke is the nominee for this party, which runs on an abolitionist platform. Rep. Philemon Gutch of ME is his VP nominee. 

States Rights Convention

Williams is the nominee for this party, which runs on a pro-slavery and pro-secession platform. Judge Donald Crump of TN is the VP nominee

General Election First Round

Brooke/Gutch (Lib) 130 EV   25% PV [New England + PA, OH, NY, FL]

Williams/Crump (SR) 46 EV 15% PV [GA, SC, MS, AL, TN] 

Maverick/Houghes (Fed ) 43 15% PV [IN, IL, MI, WI, IA] 

Gloucester/Prince (Rep) 36 20% PV  [NC, VA, MD, DE]

Wesley/Sarian (Pro) 35  25% PV [MO, AR, KY, NJ, OR]

[Progress Party and Federalists were on the most ballots, but they had very low enthusiasm. Republicans over-performed, as they weren't expected to carry a single state. As expected, with slavery and secession as the central issues, the electoral is extremely partisan. As such the partisan parties prevail, with the Liberty party at a huge advantage as it comes from the populous North.]

General Election Second Round

Brooke/Gutch (Lib) 190 EVs  65% PV [Keeps all their 1st round votes + all Fed votes + NJ + OR]

Williams/Crump (SR) 117 EVs 35% PV [Keeps all their 1st round votes + all Rep votes + MO + AR + KY]

Brooke @WVProgressive is president and Gutch is VP!! ( @Rodja I'll assign Gutch to you, if something happens to Brooke). With an abolitionist president, states are likely to seceded. We await Brooke's victory speech as well as Williams's @Reagan04 response. 

9 hours ago, vcczar said:

Judge Donald Crump of TN is the VP nominee

This made me laugh.:D

5 hours ago, vcczar said:

1860 Election

This party pits five parties against one another in a time when the issue of Slavery is at a boiling point. People are deeply partisan on the issue. Pres. Morris opted not to run for reelection after a lengthy time in office. While he will be remembered for expanding the borders of the country and for winning a war, his terms will be known for both internal and external bloodshed. Morris fatigue has also caused fatigue for the two parties that Morris had served under--American Progress and the Federalists. This gives new found hope to the Republicans, and to the two newer parties that are rapidly on the rise, Liberty and States Rights, which are the only two parties taking a decisive stand one way or the other on slavery. 

Morris endorses Wesley, who is easily nominated. Sarian is the VP nominee. Wesley runs on his record, which is one that is of the old fashioned Pres. Henry-variety.

Federalist Convention

Federalists run three candidates. Maverick runs on a decisive abolitionist platform. Woodbury takes no platform. Harris takes a platform, but makes no real statement on slavery. Maverick wins on the third ballot, mostly because Woodbury and Harris cancel each other out. Houghes will be the VP nominee. 

Republican Convention

Republicans run two candidates, one for secession and one opposed. Leech, who supports secession, is defeated in the first round by Gloucester, who opposes secession. Leech had one Southern delegates, but could not gain any from the North or Midwest. Three border states went for Gloucester. The VP nominee is Prince. 

Liberty Convention

Brooke is the nominee for this party, which runs on an abolitionist platform. Rep. Philemon Gutch of ME is his VP nominee. 

States Rights Convention

Williams is the nominee for this party, which runs on a pro-slavery and pro-secession platform. Judge Donald Crump of TN is the VP nominee

[Progress Party and Federalists were on the most ballots, but they had very low enthusiasm. Republicans over-performed, as they weren't expected to carry a single state. As expected, with slavery and secession as the central issues, the electoral is extremely partisan. As such the partisan parties prevail, with the Liberty party at a huge advantage as it comes from the populous North.]

Brooke/Gutch (Lib) 190 EVs  65% PV [Keeps all their 1st round votes + all Fed votes + NJ + OR]

Williams/Crump (SR) 117 EVs 35% PV [Keeps all their 1st round votes + all Rep votes + MO + AR + KY]

Brooke @WVProgressive is president and Gutch is VP!! ( @Rodja I'll assign Gutch to you, if something happens to Brooke). With an abolitionist president, states are likely to seceded. We await Brooke's victory speech as well as Williams's @Reagan04 response. 

Brooke: "This victory shows that there is popular support for abolition which will be happening under my term, regardless of Southern threats of Secession."

17 minutes ago, WVProgressive said:

Brooke: "This victory shows that there is popular support for abolition which will be happening under my term, regardless of Southern threats of Secession."

Governor Harris notes that you’d need support from Congress and from State Governments. It simply won’t happen, he states in a short reesponse to the election.

Leech: The fact that the north is so obsessed over n****ers is so truly upsetting. I have never been to a plantation where slaves are treated unfair; we give them homes, we feed them, and we usually don't overwork them. The majority of us are not bad people, and its a shame those people of the north who sit at home after their factory jobs can try to dictate the lives of the people that produce a lot of what their factories use.

Wesley: This is truly upsetting; the fact that a simple compromise could not be meant is simply disgusting.

12 hours ago, vcczar said:

1860 Election

Federalist Convention

Republican Convention

Liberty Convention

States Rights Convention

It is time we come together my Southern brothers! As Governor of Georgia I officially announce our secession from this union as passed by the General Assembly of Georgia! I hope the rest of the Deep South will join me. We do not declare war on the US, but I ask that the US Government respect our peaceful exit, let there be no confusion we will defend our independence just as the US did in 1811 and would find it highly hypocritical for them to aggress us with any amount of imperialism. We look not for war, but will return it need be. We have worked in union with the governments of South Carolina, Mississippi, Tennessee, and Alabama who now are drafting proposals to join our new Confederacy of Southern States. Known officially to be the Confederate States of the South.  We have sent envoys to those who have supported out campaign to keep this nation free and righteous by casting their ballot for me over the new insidious President. We hope that North Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, Missouri, Arkansas, and Kentucky will join our new peaceful separation of ways with a nation now more concerned with the North and obsessed with the Negro and our right to own slaves. I shall serve as Acting President of this new Republic until proper elections may be called and until the total secession of all states wishing to participate in our righteous walk out on the tyrannical new government is counted. May God Bless the Confederacy and May God Bless Dixie! 

Senator Yedver announces his support of Virginia choosing its path on secession; secretly softly opposed to Secession but would not be all too angry and would support his state (Similar to Lee)

State of the Union for Mar 1861 

Social Harmony: The South is Seceding

Mood of the people: Fearful. 

Popularity of the Incumbent: Pres. Brooke's popularity is yet to be determined. He is very popular among abolitionists, though. 

Party Power: Too many party's for dominance. If the South does secede, the Liberty Party will have a majority. 

Events and Decisions for March 1861-March 1865 @WVProgressive

1) The South Secedes 

Mr. President, as expected, your abolitionist platform (and not merely a containment platform) has forced every slave state--Deep South (minus Florida), Upper South, and Pro-Slavery Border States--to call for secession conventions. This is going on this moment. Our military is still not yet recovered from the war with Mexico. War fatigue is high, but this might require making uncomfortable no-win decisions. 

2) Abolitionists push law

On the upside, should the slave states secede, abolishing slavery will be rather simple, since these rebellious states will not be in Congress; however, doing so will make it harder to peacefully bring them back into the country. Some are suggesting that we should just let them go. Some are arguing that they are leaving illegally. Some are arguing that the Nation will be less secure with a potentially strong rival in the South. 

3) West Virginia refuses to join the South

Should we admit this section of Virginia as a new state?

4) Revenue Act (increase taxes and tariff)

As the South is departing, and war seems likely, we can raise a lot of revenue with this bill. 

5) Trans-Continental Railway

Likewise, without the South, we can push through this massive infrastructure project. We can link the railroad from East to West Coast! Do you approve of this project?

6) Land Grant Act to create public universities in the West

We have a chance to move the government into the area of education, providing a solid education for all those that wish for it, Now, rural and small town communities can receive an education closer to their own homes. Do you approve of this bill? 

7) Native American wars

As we are fatigued and likely to head to another war. Native Americans in the territories have been uprising. Settlers are being killed; although, settlers may have been provoking attacks. 

😎 Homestead Act

As we need to populate the west, in order to govern it, Congress has asked for a bill to be signed that will sell land in the West very cheaply. 

9) National Banking Act

Without the South, we can pass a national banking act--making the National Bank permanent, rather than relying on renewable charters. It also calls for a national currency. And a fiat currency known as greenbacks, so that we can better afford a war should we invade the South or be invaded ourselves. 

10) Yosemite Grant Act

We have seen some beautiful land out west, and want to protect some of it from settlement or other destruction caused by the railroads. The government could now play a role in preserving nature. This portion of land has been singled out for the first government protection. Do you support this?

11) Nevada, Louisiana, Texas, California statehood. 

The following four states wish to enter the union. As Mexico and France had abolished slavery, LA and TX enter as culturally Free States. 

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

3) West Virginia refuses to join the South

Should we admit this section of Virginia as a new state?

Yes.

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

1) The South Secedes 

Mr. President, as expected, your abolitionist platform (and not merely a containment platform) has forced every slave state--Deep South (minus Florida), Upper South, and Pro-Slavery Border States--to call for secession conventions. This is going on this moment. Our military is still not yet recovered from the war with Mexico. War fatigue is high, but this might require making uncomfortable no-win decisions. 

Secession is illegal and this will not be permitted. If they do secede, it will be war.

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

4) Revenue Act (increase taxes and tariff)

As the South is departing, and war seems likely, we can raise a lot of revenue with this bill. 

5) Trans-Continental Railway

Likewise, without the South, we can push through this massive infrastructure project. We can link the railroad from East to West Coast! Do you approve of this project?

6) Land Grant Act to create public universities in the West

We have a chance to move the government into the area of education, providing a solid education for all those that wish for it, Now, rural and small town communities can receive an education closer to their own homes. Do you approve of this bill? 

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

😎 Homestead Act

As we need to populate the west, in order to govern it, Congress has asked for a bill to be signed that will sell land in the West very cheaply. 

9) National Banking Act

Without the South, we can pass a national banking act--making the National Bank permanent, rather than relying on renewable charters. It also calls for a national currency. And a fiat currency known as greenbacks, so that we can better afford a war should we invade the South or be invaded ourselves. 

10) Yosemite Grant Act

We have seen some beautiful land out west, and want to protect some of it from settlement or other destruction caused by the railroads. The government could now play a role in preserving nature. This portion of land has been singled out for the first government protection. Do you support this?

I approve of all these projects and will sign them when they come to my desk.

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

7) Native American wars

As we are fatigued and likely to head to another war. Native Americans in the territories have been uprising. Settlers are being killed; although, settlers may have been provoking attacks. 

We unfortunately can't sacrifice forces from a war with the slave states, maybe put out a bounty on the Indians carrying out the attack, incentivizing settlers to take the offensive themselves. 

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

2) Abolitionists push law

On the upside, should the slave states secede, abolishing slavery will be rather simple, since these rebellious states will not be in Congress; however, doing so will make it harder to peacefully bring them back into the country. Some are suggesting that we should just let them go. Some are arguing that they are leaving illegally. Some are arguing that the Nation will be less secure with a potentially strong rival in the South. 

I'll sign the bill but we aren't letting the south go they are apart of our nation and our nation is a nation of freedom.

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

11) Nevada, Louisiana, Texas, California statehood. 

The following four states wish to enter the union. As Mexico and France had abolished slavery, LA and TX enter as culturally Free States. 

They'll all enter the union as free-states.   

57 minutes ago, WVProgressive said:

Secession is illegal and this will not be permitted. If they do secede, it will be war.

Northerners hastily meet in Congress drawing up two bills, one abolishing slavery and another authorizing funds to suppress a Southern Rebellion. Both are places on the president's desk. 

The South declares that it will take up arms rather than join an abolitionist nation. We expect the South to request aid from Britain, France, or Mexico. We may want to give these nations some incentive to not aid the South, since they were likely benefit from our nation splitting in half. 

In response to the actions of the North, every Slave State has chosen to join in a Confederacy. 

Militarily, your advisers advise that you call for a draft. They also fear that Florida will be captured rather easily. One adviser suggests that we only blockade the South, rather than risk any bloodshed. Another suggests that invasion is necessary for any chance of reelection. People want to see victories in the paper. 

Forts along the Southern coast are requesting reinforcements  before Southern forces can take them. 

You are advised to move the nation's capital somewhere above Delaware, either NYC, Philadelphia or Boston would be best. (In this alternative history, MD and DE have seceded).  

2 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Northerners hastily meet in Congress drawing up two bills, one abolishing slavery and another authorizing funds to suppress a Southern Rebellion. Both are places on the president's desk. 

I sign both bills

2 minutes ago, vcczar said:

The South declares that it will take up arms rather than join an abolitionist nation. We expect the South to request aid from Britain, France, or Mexico. We may want to give these nations some incentive to not aid the South, since they were likely benefit from our nation splitting in half. 

Frame this war as a war of slavery versus abolition, bondage versus emancipation, a fight for the very rights of man, this and some monetary persuasion should make Britain, France, and Mexico see our side of things.

6 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Militarily, your advisers advise that you call for a draft. They also fear that Florida will be captured rather easily. One adviser suggests that we only blockade the South, rather than risk any bloodshed. Another suggests that invasion is necessary for any chance of reelection. People want to see victories in the paper. 

I call a draft and begin to blockade the south and order my advisers to draw up a strategy for an invasion of the south. 

10 minutes ago, vcczar said:

You are advised to move the nation's capital somewhere above Delaware, either NYC, Philadelphia or Boston would be best. (In this alternative history, MD and DE have seceded).  

I announce NYC as the new capital until we get the south back in line.

11 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Forts along the Southern coast are requesting reinforcements  before Southern forces can take them. 

Order the regular army to begin re-enforcing the forts on the southern coasts, we cannot allow the south to have these forts.

46 minutes ago, WVProgressive said:

some monetary persuasion should make Britain, France, and Mexico see our side of things.

You'll need to be more specific on this. Also, our debt is likely to skyrocket because of this war. We won't be in a position to offer money. 

47 minutes ago, WVProgressive said:

Order the regular army to begin re-enforcing the forts on the southern coasts, we cannot allow the south to have these forts.

As we cannot reinforce these forts by land, we will have to do so when the blockade arrives. Most of these forts are likely to be taken before the blockade is organized. However, we may be able to save some. 

48 minutes ago, WVProgressive said:

I call a draft and begin to blockade the south and order my advisers to draw up a strategy for an invasion of the south. 

The blockade is to begin. Military strategists believe that we should embark on an amphibious landing on the coast of Virginia, at Charleston, in Florida, at Mobile. Additionally, we can launch an invasion from TX and LA into the Deep South. We can launch an invasion from IL into KS, MO, AR. We can launch an invasion from OH into KY. We can launch an invasion of MD and DE from PA and NJ. We can keep their army from centralizing if we do this. The only downside is that the causalities could be high. 

7 minutes ago, vcczar said:

You'll need to be more specific on this. Also, our debt is likely to skyrocket because of this war. We won't be in a position to offer money. 

You're right about the debt, just convince them that if they aid the South they aid slavery then.

11 minutes ago, vcczar said:

The blockade is to begin. Military strategists believe that we should embark on an amphibious landing on the coast of Virginia, at Charleston, in Florida, at Mobile. Additionally, we can launch an invasion from TX and LA into the Deep South. We can launch an invasion from IL into KS, MO, AR. We can launch an invasion from OH into KY. We can launch an invasion of MD and DE from PA and NJ. We can keep their army from centralizing if we do this. The only downside is that the causalities could be high. 

This plan is excellent this plan, I approve.

14 minutes ago, WVProgressive said:

You're right about the debt, just convince them that if they aid the South they aid slavery then.

Britain, France, and Mexico send diplomats to the South to observe the war, but they decide against making any sort of decision. Although, they do not declare themselves neutral (historically, they did). We have to win, or risk an alliance against us. Britain's current government would oppose helping the South. Napoleon III of France is more likely to help. Mexico may join in to regain its former possessions. 

17 minutes ago, WVProgressive said:

This plan is excellent this plan, I approve.

Initial War Phase 1861 (numbers will be the die roll; 1 is very bad and 6 is very good)

Atlantic Naval (1):  We get off to a very rocky start implementing the blockade. Some how the patchwork Confederate navy sinks a ship. A hurricane comes through causing damage to a few others. We are unable to protect any of the forts. In 1861, we are unable to accomplish any of the below that require this phase to work. 

Gulf Naval (6): The blockade is firmly entrenched. We clear out the entire Confederate Navy in this area, and secure every coastal fort. 

Invasion of MS (5): The army from Louisiana and Texas score a major victory at Vicksburg, following a successful siege, closing off trade through the Mississippi. On to Jackson, MS. 

Landing at Mobile, AL (1): We land at Mobile, but the expedition force is obliterated. We can either try again, or we can opt not to invade here. 

Landing at FL: "See Atlantic Naval"

Landing at: Charleston: "See Atlantic Naval"

Landing at Virginia: "See Atlantic Naval"

Invasion of DE and MD (4): We get off to a good start, scoring a major victory in DE, and capturing the state. We defeat a force in Maryland, and the South is preparing for a siege in Baltimore. 

Invasion of KY (3): We have traded victories and defeats in KY.

Invasion of KS and MO (1): The invasion of KS and MO has been a disaster, and an entire brigade has been captured. We fear an invasion of Illinois. 

Following these results, Mexico has been training troops. Britain has made no moves. France has been training troops, but not to the level of Mexico.