270soft Forum

Chancellor Infinity?

4 hours ago, lizarraba said:

@admin_270

Are you going to make Chancellor Infinity? Chancellor forever is a bit outdated. and if not, when are you going to implement Proportional representation?

I've been hounding him about this since PMI was announced. He's always given non-committal and unencouraging answers regarding marketing schemes that seem artificially and unnecessarily self-limited...

6 hours ago, Patine said:

I've been hounding him about this since PMI was announced. He's always given non-committal and unencouraging answers regarding marketing schemes that seem artificially and unnecessarily self-limited...

If you think about it from his view then it makes sense. There's less of a market for Chancellor Infinity than PI or PMI

2 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

If you think about it from his view then it makes sense. There's less of a market for Chancellor Infinity than PI or PMI

Actually, not true. There used to be a huge crowd interested in playing and making scenarios for K4E. They started disappearing from the forums when he began his monomaniacal focus on PI, PMI, and CI only.

3 hours ago, Patine said:

Actually, not true. There used to be a huge crowd interested in playing and making scenarios for K4E. They started disappearing from the forums when he began his monomaniacal focus on PI, PMI, and CI only.

Having never played K4E and only dabbled in PM4E, what were the major differences between the two? I imagine that MMP was implemented in some form, but other than that?

9 minutes ago, Lahbas said:

Having never played K4E and only dabbled in PM4E, what were the major differences between the two? I imagine that MMP was implemented in some form, but other than that?

MMP, and K4E had enabled coalition governments from the start, whereas PM4E only got it in a much later update to the game.

No plans for a Chancellor Infinity. The problem is that it's in a different language, which causes development, marketing, and customer support headaches. The original game was actually made through a grant from a German institute - that's the reason it was made.

No concrete plans to add PR to the general election. If it happens, it will probably be because an official campaign with PR is made.

4 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

No plans for a Chancellor Infinity. The problem is that it's in a different language, which causes development, marketing, and customer support headaches. The original game was actually made through a grant from a German institute - that's the reason it was made.

No concrete plans to add PR to the general election. If it happens, it will probably be because an official campaign with PR is made.

You know, it's not like Germany's the only country that uses MMP. In fact, the number of countries whose national legislative bodies use MMP absolutely DWARF the number who use FPTP for theirs, including New Zealand and the Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland devolved legislatures where, last I checked, you didn't need to know a foreign language to be significantly involved in...

@Patine

Number of countries isn't that important.

Population is more relevant. Yes, NZ, Scotland, Wales, and NI are better because English is widely spoken. But the population of New Zealand, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland combined is approx. equal to ... Pennsylvania. 13 million combined, whereas the U.S. as a whole has 320 million.

Even population isn't that important.

Look at this list https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)

which is more relevant.

India is a massive democracy where English is spoken, but its GDP is about 1/8th the U.S.'s.

1 minute ago, admin_270 said:

@Patine

Number of countries isn't that important.

Population is more relevant. Yes, NZ, Scotland, Wales, and NI are better because English is widely spoken. But the population of New Zealand, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland combined is approx. equal to ... Pennsylvania. 13 million combined, whereas the U.S. as a whole has 320 million.

Even population isn't that important.

Look at this list https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)

which is more relevant.

India is a massive democracy where English is spoken, but its GDP is about 1/8th the U.S.'s.

I think you're self-enforced marketing scheme, in my own humble opinion, in unnecessarily limiting. Fan made scenarios are a more popular use for your games, and have been since I joined these forums in 2007, then you seem to be giving it credit for. You market your games like EVERY player will endlessly only play official TheorySpark scenarios, and I can attest that's not remotely the case.

5 minutes ago, Patine said:

You market your games like EVERY player will endlessly only play official TheorySpark scenarios, and I can attest that's not remotely the case.

I don't think that's necessarily true, or there wouldn't be an editor

5 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

@Patine

A huge amount of effort has been put into the Editor, whose purpose is to allow players to make their own campaigns.

Of course, it's your company, and I have no direct power to change your mind, outside of somehow conjuring a huge amount of money out of nowhere and buying you out and steering your company in the direction I'd like - like Ray Kroc did to the McDonald Brothers when he viewed their business vision too limited for the potential he saw in their restaurants. But I have no such resources, or easy way to acquire them, so ALL I can do is these plaintiff arguments to attempt to sway you to broaden the vision and potential of your products, as I see it.

9 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

@Patine,

The games are becoming more flexible. 2018 will probably see official Gubernatorial and individual Senatoral campaigns. PR or MMP very well may happen at some point - thank you for your interest and feedback!

Thank-you for your patience in hearing my feedback. I only desire the best quality of games possible, and I do appreciate a more interaction with your consumers than some game companies. *cough* Electronic Arts *cough*