270soft Forum

A while ago there was talk, possibly from @admin_270 or @potato_walrus, about a tutorial, or game walk-through, FAQ, manual, etc. There are still many things about the game that I find confusing, like just for an example: Barnstorming vs. Rallies, how to understand some of the screens, what effect events, and spin, and things like that have, and overall strategy. Maybe it could be a team effort. I could certainly contribute some of the more basic stuff.

I agree. I am new to the game and am getting the hang of it, but I feel like I still lack a core understanding of all the mechanics, what exactly they do, and also feel like I am missing some potential functions I should know. 

I'll start with a few off the top of my head and add/edit as I think of them

1. What is the difference among barnstorming, rallies, and policy speeches and when is the best use for each?

2. What is the difference between Organizational Strength and Footsoldiers and what is the best use for each?

2. How to read and interpret screens like "Momentum by Issue" and "Campaign Theme", like Theme Bonus +1, Progress 1/3?

3. How do news stories affect the election, what do we do with news headlines?  Is this related to the notes "Your interview with __ has generated a positive news story?"

On 3/20/2018 at 5:04 PM, admin_270 said:

It's a good idea. I'll look into how to make tutorials. If people have specific questions they want answered, list them here!

I think the best way would be a series of walk-through videos, but a document would be great too. Thanks a lot for doing this!

What is the purpose of themes, what do things like "theme bonus" and Progress 0/3 mean?

What does "Issue Knowledge" activity do?