270soft Forum

Sanders/Brown vs Trump\Pence 2020

1 minute ago, WVProgressive said:

Played using @vcczar and got this result.

SandersXTrump.PNG.d563934fcdc09ea8a73a5bd766b4dbc2.PNG

Full results: SandersV.Trump2020.csv

Ahh! As much as I'd love to see this, it's still unrealistic. I don't think Sanders could win TX, AR, MO, KY, MS, AL, GA, SC, NC, VA, FL, AZ, or UT. The rest are feasibly possible when you see how well Sanders did with Clinton. 

13 hours ago, vcczar said:

Ahh! As much as I'd love to see this, it's still unrealistic. I don't think Sanders could win TX, AR, MO, KY, MS, AL, GA, SC, NC, VA, FL, AZ, or UT. The rest are feasibly possible when you see how well Sanders did with Clinton. 

He could win in Virginia, Florida and maybe Arizona but otherwise I agree

14 hours ago, WVProgressive said:

Played using @vcczar and got this result.

SandersXTrump.PNG.d563934fcdc09ea8a73a5bd766b4dbc2.PNG

Full results: SandersV.Trump2020.csv

14 hours ago, vcczar said:

40 minutes ago, RP Overlord said:

He could win in Virginia, Florida and maybe Arizona but otherwise I agree

I have to admit, this issue is one of the areas where I definitely think Canadian elections are more interesting than U.S. or British ones - because in Canada, there are, statistically speaking, no "safe seats" or "guaranteed party-supporting regions" that can be relied upon, with security and confidence, to vote for a given party or absolutely not to support a given party - only tendencies and likelihoods, but no iron-clad guarantees like many regions in most U.S. and British elections can be said to have, especially since the end of the '80's.