270soft Forum

1812 US Election Final Update is now up!

The Historical Scenario Commission has now concluded the 1812 update. It can be downloaded here: http://campaigns.270soft.com/2018/02/01/president-infinity-1812-election/

1788-1812 are now available. I will have 1816 up in about a week, most likely. 

I'll admit, I have been encountering a gamebreaking bug in each scenario I have tried to simulate that I have not mentioned as I did not know if it was just on my end, but it might be worth mentioning regardless. In any scenario, when the simulation party is selected, the game invariably is stricken with an error. Without the simulation it is fine, strangely. 

24 minutes ago, CalebsParadox said:

I'll admit, I have been encountering a gamebreaking bug in each scenario I have tried to simulate that I have not mentioned as I did not know if it was just on my end, but it might be worth mentioning regardless. In any scenario, when the simulation party is selected, the game invariably is stricken with an error. Without the simulation it is fine, strangely. 

Can anyone else chime in and about this? It has never happened to me, but I have only been going through 1788-1820, as far as playing---no errors. @CalebsParadox are you getting these in the 1788-1812 scenarios that I've updated? If it only occurs in the later ones, then you'll have to wait until I get to those; although, I never had those errors last I used the simulator party in those elections prior to uploading them last year. 

6 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Can anyone else chime in and about this? It has never happened to me, but I have only been going through 1788-1820, as far as playing---no errors. @CalebsParadox are you getting these in the 1788-1812 scenarios that I've updated? If it only occurs in the later ones, then you'll have to wait until I get to those; although, I never had those errors last I used the simulator party in those elections prior to uploading them last year. 

I have experienced the issue in the 1824, 1860-68, and 1992-2008 scenarios. I will test it out on earlier scenarios. Also, can you free up your PMs a slight bit? I had something I wanted to ask you privately. 

14 minutes ago, CalebsParadox said:

I have experienced the issue in the 1824, 1860-68, and 1992-2008 scenarios. I will test it out on earlier scenarios. Also, can you free up your PMs a slight bit? I had something I wanted to ask you privately. 

K I freed it up

I have had some stability issues in games I have modified using both vcczar's simulator party and some custom parties, but the access violation bug pops up at different points in the game for me, it's not consistent. My issues occur with a modified 1854 scenario and runs fine when I run the game without primaries, even with custom parties added.

I will say, having play-tested 1812, that I have NOT experienced the bug on the scenario as uploaded.

10 hours ago, Lyly said:

I have had some stability issues in games I have modified using both vcczar's simulator party and some custom parties, but the access violation bug pops up at different points in the game for me, it's not consistent. My issues occur with a modified 1854 scenario and runs fine when I run the game without primaries, even with custom parties added.

I will say, having play-tested 1812, that I have NOT experienced the bug on the scenario as uploaded.

Yeah, there shouldn't be any errors for any of the games 1789-1812, unless there is an update for the game engine that isn't compatible with user scenarios. However, I would wage the errors occur when not updating the game to the latest version of President Infinity. 

I have the latest updated PI (unless it JUST got updated without my knowing), though perhaps the scenarios could be outdated. I don't know enough about how the game engine functions, I just try to be very careful.