270soft Forum

Evil Capitalist esque-things

1 minute ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Yes. Govt mind control is happening already. You see Army commercials and stuff, along with schools and the pledge of allegiance to indoctrinate young people into blind patriotism in support of their country, even when they're in the wrong.

@NYrepublican @Patine

But what do you mean by "mind control?" I mean, we're certainly not talking about "Scanners," the Second Foundation in the "Foundation" series, or Psi Cops in "Babylon 5" or other such feats. Low-grade subliminal messages that alter viewpoints slowly over time, and in no way irrevocably. Also, not actual hypnosis, in the proper. It's LONG been that "forced hypnosis" or "involuntary hypnosis," is, in truth, impossible. The necessity for willing, consensual subjects in hypnotist shows and some police investigations is not JUST for legal reason, but to actually make the phenomenon even possible. Thus, "mind control" is a MUCH stronger word than what's really going on, which is, in truth, low-grade, low-level, slow-acting behaviourial conditioning in certain areas.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, NYrepublican said:

"There is only one strong belief I have that falls into the mold of what most would call a "conspiracy theory," in the classic, and strangely, it's not one held by very many I'm at all, and this article, and many other things around me, in the news, and in forums like this, convince of it more and more each day. This is, that some unknown, shadowy, hidden group or individual I do not know is playing a MASSIVE game of "divide and conquer" of the world's population in numerous directions from each other and against each other, and is doing it VERY WELL!" - Patine.

Yes, I did indeed say that, and I mean it. But, unlike others who go on about conspiracy theories, I don't claim to know who these mysterious people are, or that I have any way of knowing their identities, and I only believe they exist by their apparent handiwork.

Not quite. The CIA had some such things during MKultra.

Oh, they did, did they? Well, given all the things that have been attributed collectively to secret U.S., Soviet, and Nazi scientists, how is it the world is the way it is now and something more - overtly monstrous, by now?

1 minute ago, Patine said:

Oh, they did, did they? Well, given all the things that have been attributed collectively to secret U.S., Soviet, and Nazi scientists, how is it the world is the way it is now and something more - overtly monstrous, by now?

It did involve drugs though.

1 minute ago, Patine said:

There's the key, then, and something VERY difficult to arrange through "mass hypnosis through passive media," wouldn't you agree?

Well the Goverment's been putting fluoride into water for a while so it is possible.

Just now, NYrepublican said:

Well the Goverment's been putting fluoride into water for a while so it is possible.

Flouride is one thing, and slips by. Powerful hallucinogenic psychotropic drugs WOULD be noticed, especially in this day and age where drinking bottled water over tap water is all the rage, and there would be people unaffected who would notice others' obviously strange behaviour.

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

Flouride is one thing, and slips by. Powerful hallucinogenic psychotropic drugs WOULD be noticed, especially in this day and age where drinking bottled water over tap water is all the rage, and there would be people unaffected who would notice others' obviously strange behaviour.

Either that or you could have chinese style indoctrination done on a mass scale via a big public relations campaign so that people are afraid to oppose the government as happened during WW1.

Either that or you could have chinese style indoctrination done on a mass scale via a big public relations campaign so that people are afraid to oppose the government as happened during WW1.

In the U.S., a nation with a lot of people who own guns and have a very aggressive and militant political disposition just practically waiting for a an excuse egregious enough to trigger nation-wide rebellion? Have you forgotten the country your talking about?

3 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Plus, which party would do the indoctrination campaign, and which would voluntarily sit it out?

2 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

@Patine I'm not saying it's happening I'm just arguing that it's possible.

Also, remember that in China, respect for authority, conformity, fidelity, orderly conduct, a proper place in the world, deference to superiors, etc., were cultural traits ingrained in the Chinese people through culture and upbringing through many generations for almost 4000 years. The Chinese Communists admittedly had a much easier population as base material to work with for such a social project.

6 hours ago, EndOfCapitalism said:

Just because there wasn't a philosophical book on it doesn't mean it didn't exist.

I've been saying that since day 1! Are we under a capitalist society, or some martian hyper government? You might laugh, because the scholarly works of it dont exist yet, but can't deny that our society resembles too much like 30th century Mars 

6 hours ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

I've been saying that since day 1! Are we under a capitalist society, or some martian hyper government? You might laugh, because the scholarly works of it dont exist yet, but can't deny that our society resembles too much like 30th century Mars 

Gotta point there.

1 hour ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Gotta point there.

Of course I do! We are all busy comparing Trump to Jackson and other populists, but in reality we should compare him to the late Alpha Centauri leader, Nwabudike Morgan 

57 minutes ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

Of course I do! We are all busy comparing Trump to Jackson and other populists, but in reality we should compare him to the late Alpha Centauri leader, Nwabudike Morgan 

Hey, you play SMAC too?!

1 hour ago, Patine said:

Hey, you play SMAC too?!

Yeah. Not as much as I should. My grandpa actually got me into PC games like Kings Quest,AoE, and the Civ series. Someday I have to take a photograph of his 3 1/2 floppies of some old DOS games.  

1 hour ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

Yeah. Not as much as I should. My grandpa actually got me into PC games like Kings Quest,AoE, and the Civ series. Someday I have to take a photograph of his 3 1/2 floppies of some old DOS games.  

Your grandpa? Wow, that makes me feel old. I've also played a lot of AoE (all three titles, plus Mythology) and Civ2, and have been since the '90's.

1 hour ago, Patine said:

Your grandpa? Wow, that makes me feel old. I've also played a lot of AoE (all three titles, plus Mythology) and Civ2, and have been since the '90's.

Well my grandpa is in his mid 70's currently, if that relieves you of any stress of being old lol.