270soft Forum

Market For Political Simulations

Just now, NYrepublican said:

Probably a small concept

-it will have a popularity system which while until I figure out how to read XML file data will not be modifiable (unless you want to modify the source code)

-you'll be able to take some actions haven't figured out quite whats o far. Probably just domestic stuff.

Yeah, if I made a prototype, I would do a popularity system (not to the decimal though, seems complicated)

I've been making some smexy concepts for my prototype, in the event that I do make it.

The first one would be a country selector (though if I went full-on, I'd probably make it solely based on the US)

The second is a concept of actual gameplay, with three main policies, I plan on including immigration, but I haven't found a good photo yet (as you can see, I reuse the menu screen at the moment, lol, though I spent more time doing the menu)

Other policies are a work in progress (there would be a scroll option for more policies, and each policy would have sub-policies, for example, different types of taxes, you can set immigration quotas, etc.)

If you're wondering where I get my images, they're stock photos from https://www.pexels.com/ (somehow, they offer free stock photos without attribution) I also have a couple other sources, but mostly pexels.

countryteaser.thumb.png.babd0dd1dc4542a57ae67777d263c95c.pnggameplayteaser.thumb.png.fee3ca7996a5cff8d157fad377202561.png

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anybody is interested in seeing me make a prototype (NOT an actual game) let me know and I might do it.

Also, Ima say it right now my programming skills are complete trash and compared to @NYrepublican, mine will be extremely casual, and his will likely be more complex due to his knowledge in programming.

On 1/18/2018 at 5:12 PM, NYrepublican said:

Note: This is temporarily being put on pause while I learn PyGame and attempt to hopefully make a budget negotiator 2018 game.

Tell us when you got it down fam

6 minutes ago, Patine said:

Fam? Why are you calling him "fam?" All this new slang is bewildering (and often stupid-sounding, if I may be honest).

You mean you actually speak standard english? You've never said the words "new innovation"?

3 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

You mean you actually speak standard english? You've never said the words "new innovation"?

New innovation is one thing. Non-nostalgic but technically forward-moving cultural and societal degeneration and self-implosion is another.

1 minute ago, Patine said:

New innovation is one thing. Non-nostalgic but technically forward-moving cultural and societal degeneration and self-implosion is another.

If you used that in English class you'd be reprimanded for it.

5 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

If you used that in English class you'd be reprimanded for it.

When I was in English class in Grade 10, my teacher said, "Published authors and poets have artistic license that grade 10 English students do not." That angered me. But, now that I am no longer a grade 10 English student, and have not been for almost 25 years, and have written fiction that many have said should be published and is comparable to published material (but getting published for the first time is NOT easy at all), I consider myself to have transcended my old English teacher's proclaimed limits.

7 minutes ago, Patine said:

When I was in English class in Grade 10, my teacher said, "Published authors and poets have artistic license that grade 10 English students do not." That angered me. But, now that I am no longer a grade 10 English student, and have not been for almost 25 years, and have written fiction that many have said should be published and is comparable to published material (but getting published for the first time is NOT easy at all), I consider myself to have transcended my old English teacher's proclaimed limits.

Why don't you publish online?

4 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Why don't you publish online?

I may well one day, but there's also the fact that I'm not yet satisfied with the actual setting, storylines, characters, and "lore and canon" enough to formally do so yet. Plus, a significant amount of that was done in collaboration with a close (whose still a close friend), and creative and intellectual properties would have to be discussed with him prior to any such thing.

18 hours ago, Patine said:

I may well one day, but there's also the fact that I'm not yet satisfied with the actual setting, storylines, characters, and "lore and canon" enough to formally do so yet. Plus, a significant amount of that was done in collaboration with a close (whose still a close friend), and creative and intellectual properties would have to be discussed with him prior to any such thing.

I'd read it. What genre specifically?

Ironically, I am in the 10th grade right now lol. Taking Advanced English right now and a college Speech class too. I agree that what most of my generation does is stupid, and I would like to apologize to you on behalf of us.

44 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Ironically, I am in the 10th grade right now lol. Taking Advanced English right now and a college Speech class too. I agree that what most of my generation does is stupid, and I would like to apologize to you on behalf of us.

Science fiction (including, but not exclusively, political science fiction, or science fiction with strong political elements - but I also have a very apolitical and separate science fiction setting as well) and some delving into high fantasy.

2 hours ago, Patine said:

Science fiction (including, but not exclusively, political science fiction, or science fiction with strong political elements - but I also have a very apolitical and separate science fiction setting as well) and some delving into high fantasy.

I've never really been a fan of fantasy (not sure what high fantasy is) but I'd read the Sci-Fi one.

Sincerely hope you decide to release it some day.

1 minute ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

I've never really been a fan of fantasy (not sure what high fantasy is) but I'd read the Sci-Fi one.

Sincerely hope you decide to release it some day.

The sci-fi is in plural. I have several completely separate and mutually exclusive science-fiction ideas, each with their own assumptions, storylines, settings, and general "canon and lore" (as the terms are used in fictional intellectual properties today).

4 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Echo the apology (and yes, fellow sophomore here).

2 minutes ago, arjavrawal said:

Echo the apology (and yes, fellow sophomore here).

Ye

1 hour ago, Patine said:

The sci-fi is in plural. I have several completely separate and mutually exclusive science-fiction ideas, each with their own assumptions, storylines, settings, and general "canon and lore" (as the terms are used in fictional intellectual properties today).

Tag us if you publish it 

3 hours ago, QuickHead555 said:

Well, it's been awhile, but here is a proto-type I've created so far.

DeLU5VDMS1Si6WKQP4f84A.png

Lol, it has been a while. Looks pretty nice. Is it an actual working prototype or just a concept at the moment? I'd play it.