270soft Forum

Trump's gone nuts.

Wiw

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

I would rather have the Science Party and the Humanitarian Party as the only allowable parties in the US, and both must stick strictly to their platform, except in areas where compromise is necessary between both science and humanitarianism, and to the exclusion of areas that don't significantly overlap with both of these--such as profit and religion in many cases. 

The problem is every group thinks science, reality, evidence etc. are on their own side (apart from fideists and postmodernists) so everyone would think their own party is "The Science Party". I heard that Benjamin Franklin tried to start a Party of Virtue but it didn't get anywhere which is hardly surprising because there'd then have to be a Party of Vice that suckers would join (insert joke about existing party you don't like here). The idea that humanitarianism and religion don't significantly overlap is highly debatable but let's leave that for another time.

12 hours ago, vcczar said:

I would rather have the Science Party and the Humanitarian Party as the only allowable parties in the US, and both must stick strictly to their platform, except in areas where compromise is necessary between both science and humanitarianism, and to the exclusion of areas that don't significantly overlap with both of these--such as profit and religion in many cases. 

State approved party you mean like North Korea?

On 12/17/2017 at 4:30 AM, Patine said:

Anymore than quoting information from Stormfront in an essay about Hitler and Naziism in the Third Reich, or Pravda on the rise of United Russia.

Teh rise of united russia can be blame on boris Yeltsin the guy is a great example of who not to elect he was so drunk this one time that he runway Washington dc in his underwear ((not making This up)) and everyone party in russia being in complete idiots.

On 12/16/2017 at 4:10 PM, Wiw said:

Per the Washington Post, he's forbidding CDC from saying words like "vulnerable", "entitlement", "diversity", "transgender", "fetus", "evidence-based" and "science-based" in their official documents. This is totalitarianism, plain and simple. Hillary was right, Trump's a dictator! He's essentially forbidding a health agency to be diverse or back up abortion in any way! He's got to be stopped before he imposes his will upon the world!

Hillary was right you mean the same person that said the lesson from 1984 was to trust the government???

1 minute ago, Presidentinsertname said:

Teh rise of united russia can be blame on boris Yeltsin the guy is a great example of who not to elect he was so drunk this one time that he runway Washington dc in his underwear ((not making This up)) and everyone party in russia being in complete idiots.

Your grammar was SO especially bad on that one, I'm not quite clear exactly the point you're making there...

Just now, Patine said:

Your grammar was SO especially bad on that one, I'm not quite clear exactly the point you're making there...

Just now, Patine said:

Using a phone in school with autocorrect  (and that is mostly shot give me a break here)

Just now, Presidentinsertname said:

Using a phone in school with autocorrect  (and that is mostly shot give me a break here)

Well, regardless, it sounds like your last few posts are conspiracy-theory-laden, quoting-from-dubious-sources, and Trump-praising-without-merit-or-backing, like are typical of many of the posts you make, as well as your tendency to throw in utterly lack of information about other countries and political ideologies you're obviously highly uneducated on, but quote them as though your an academic authority. Typical tripe I see from you on these forums.

20 hours ago, WVProgressive said:

So now it's a-okay to totally disregard the will of the people!? I thought it was the Democratic party not the Corpratist Party (actually given it's state that might be a better name for it). 

Capture.PNG.63cc0bb9a66f6252c8f8eae7b2383547.PNG

1 minute ago, Bruce Fischer said:

The comment of "disregarding the will of the people" coming, not only from an anti-Clinton type who declared she stole the Primaries, but also a staunch Trump supporter, is rich. That being said, I personally feel the American people deserved a better choice of candidates all-in-all in 2016, but indeed the irony (or hypocrisy) in @Presidentinsertname's comment is still very apparent.

On 12/16/2017 at 7:07 PM, Presidentinsertname said:

trump also havent banned guns that something that dictatorships also do.

If I may, that would be something an idiot would do. Americans like their guns, and his supporters are among the most heavily armed blocs per capita, so he doesn't really have to worry. Out and out, he isn't a dictator, though he has expressed envy of dictators' ability to do whatever they please and not have to deal with legislature or courts. I am wary of any erosion of our separation of powers that has kept us free all these years, but I think he knows right well that he'll have to deal with the limitations of being a president in America.

1 hour ago, Bruce Fischer said:

Doesn't mention all  the people who were kicked off the voter rolls in New York, Bill Clinton going in Massachusets polling places and the complete disaster of a primary and California... Does the 2000 election page mention how the Bush campaign cheated in Florida? No, but that's neo-liberals for you, congrats you're part of the reason we have Trump by denying the truth because it goes against who you support. 

https://www.google.com/amp/www.latimes.com/politics/la-pol-ca-california-primary-results-confusing-20160711-snap-story,amp.html

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nydailynews.com/amp/news/politics/board-elections-admit-purged-200-000-voters-rolls-article-1.3586490

https://www.salon.com/2016/03/02/bill_clinton_may_have_broken_massachusetts_law_by_telling_people_at_polling_locations_to_vote_for_hillary/

25 minutes ago, RP Overlord said:

Doesn't mention all  the people who were kicked off the voter rolls in New York, Bill Clinton going in Massachusets polling places and the complete disaster of a primary and California... Does the 2000 election page mention how the Bush campaign cheated in Florida? No, but that's neo-liberals for you, congrats you're part of the reason we have Trump by denying the truth because it goes against who you support. 

https://www.google.com/amp/www.latimes.com/politics/la-pol-ca-california-primary-results-confusing-20160711-snap-story,amp.html

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nydailynews.com/amp/news/politics/board-elections-admit-purged-200-000-voters-rolls-article-1.3586490

https://www.salon.com/2016/03/02/bill_clinton_may_have_broken_massachusetts_law_by_telling_people_at_polling_locations_to_vote_for_hillary/

this is one of the many reason i had for wanting her to win the popular vote but lose the electoral.

1 hour ago, Patine said:

The comment of "disregarding the will of the people" coming, not only from an anti-Clinton type who declared she stole the Primaries, but also a staunch Trump supporter, is rich. That being said, I personally feel the American people deserved a better choice of candidates all-in-all in 2016, but indeed the irony (or hypocrisy) in @Presidentinsertname's comment is still very apparent.

I am for third party (who are on the ballet in enough to state to hit 270)) to be in the debates.

36 minutes ago, RP Overlord said:

Considering I don't support either Trump or Clinton, and believe they're both just as corrupt, monstrous, lying, manipulative, deceitful, divisive, ruthless, and willing (or at least desiring) to cut legal corners where possible to get their way, and I don't believe any great, profound, fundamental truth was revealed here, where does that put me in your arbitrary political stance to this issue, out of curiosity?

1 minute ago, Patine said:

Considering I don't support either Trump or Clinton, and believe they're both just as corrupt, monstrous, lying, manipulative, deceitful, divisive, ruthless, and willing (or at least desiring) to cut legal corners where possible to get their way, and I don't believe any great, profound, fundamental truth was revealed here, where does that put me in your arbitrary political stance to this issue, out of curiosity?

You at least see the corruption on both sides, you're fine. It just drives me crazy all these people who support Clinton who look the other way in regard to get corruption