270soft Forum

Trump's gone nuts.

Wiw

Per the Washington Post, he's forbidding CDC from saying words like "vulnerable", "entitlement", "diversity", "transgender", "fetus", "evidence-based" and "science-based" in their official documents. This is totalitarianism, plain and simple. Hillary was right, Trump's a dictator! He's essentially forbidding a health agency to be diverse or back up abortion in any way! He's got to be stopped before he imposes his will upon the world!

2 hours ago, Wiw said:

Per the Washington Post, he's forbidding CDC from saying words like "vulnerable", "entitlement", "diversity", "transgender", "fetus", "evidence-based" and "science-based" in their official documents. This is totalitarianism, plain and simple. Hillary was right, Trump's a dictator! He's essentially forbidding a health agency to be diverse or back up abortion in any way! He's got to be stopped before he imposes his will upon the world!

if trump is a dictator then why havent you been arrested for posting this and why should i believe the washington post? wiki leak emails proves the media was against trump,

18 minutes ago, Presidentinsertname said:

wiki leak emails proves the media was against trump,

What Emails? The DNC ones because that proved Hillary ad her establishment cronies rigged the primaries against Bernie.

14 minutes ago, Presidentinsertname said:

if trump is a dictator then why havent you been arrested for posting this and why should i believe the washington post? wiki leak emails proves the media was against trump,

People keep saying "THE Media," like it's a monolithic bloc is against Trump as a single, undivided hive unit. But, things like Fox News, Breitbart News, and other outlets that do, or have, supported Trump are part of the phenomenon called "the Media." But, everytime I've brought that up to a Trump supporter, or a general "media-hate-Trump," believer in general, the dismissive and simplistic statements I've heard from them that dismiss my point without actually addressing it have been laughable in terms of viewing them as retorts or responses at all - they're just hollow, empty, non-statements hoping to make my point go away and not have to address or face the lie that media is a single conspiracy against their "champion", Trump, and thus all media bringing up any criticism against Trump, no matter how founded, being automatically and summarily dismissed without even addressing the issue brought up at all.

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

People keep saying "THE Media," like it's a monolithic bloc is against Trump as a single, undivided hive unit. But, things like Fox News, Breitbart News, and other outlets that do, or have, supported Trump are part of the phenomenon called "the Media." But, everytime I've brought that up to a Trump supporter, or a general "media-hate-Trump," believer in general, the dismissive and simplistic statements I've heard from them that dismiss my point without actually addressing it have been laughable in terms of viewing them as retorts or responses at all - they're just hollow, empty, non-statements hoping to make my point go away and not have to address or face the lie that media is a single conspiracy against their "champion", Trump, and thus all media bringing up any criticism against Trump, no matter how founded, being automatically and summarily dismissed without even addressing the issue brought up at all.

i do research from things i see on fox news and breitbart.

25 minutes ago, Presidentinsertname said:

wiki leak emails proves the media was against trump,

So is nearly everyone in the entire world - the only thing that keeps him going is stolen money and disillusioned supporters who don't know any better!

1 minute ago, Presidentinsertname said:

You realize you've effectively just proven my point there, and almost in the words a dull-witted character from a stupid adult cartoon would. I didn't think it be so easy.

6 minutes ago, Presidentinsertname said:

and the media support hillary who also hated trump. 

Stretching

6 minutes ago, Presidentinsertname said:

he dont accept the paycheck from being president infact he is losing money since he started running.

I think he's talking about the exploitation of labor by capital.

11 minutes ago, Presidentinsertname said:

trump also havent banned guns that something that dictatorships also do.

Not all dictatorships. Gadaffi wanted every man in Libya to own at least one Kalashnikov (AK-47) to defend the nation when the "Enemies of the Arab Jamahiriya" (which, in the end, was everyone else in the world in his paranoid, apocalyptic vision), and, later, he wanted the women to have Kalashnikov's too. He had a huge siege mentality, especially after narrowly surviving Reagan's bombing of his palace. Even his old allies like Iraq, Sudan, Algeria, Cuba, Syria, and such, came to viewed as traitors in his paranoid perspective, and a post-Soviet Russia was never trusted, even as an arms supplier and global patron, like a Cold War USSR was. Thus he wanted a nation where invaders would be wading "waist-deep into a nest of scorpions." However, when the Civil War broke out in 2011, that's the reason why everyone (or so many, at least) already had guns handy.

12 minutes ago, Patine said:

Not all dictatorships. Gadaffi wanted every man in Libya to own at least one Kalashnikov (AK-47) to defend the nation when the "Enemies of the Arab Jamahiriya" (which, in the end, was everyone else in the world in his paranoid, apocalyptic vision), and, later, he wanted the women to have Kalashnikov's too. He had a huge siege mentality, especially after narrowly surviving Reagan's bombing of his palace. Even his old allies like Iraq, Sudan, Algeria, Cuba, Syria, and such, came to viewed as traitors in his paranoid perspective, and a post-Soviet Russia was never trusted, even as an arms supplier and global patron, like a Cold War USSR was. Thus he wanted a nation where invaders would be wading "waist-deep into a nest of scorpions." However, when the Civil War broke out in 2011, that's the reason why everyone (or so many, at least) already had guns handy.

well it backfired on gadaffi.

9 hours ago, Presidentinsertname said:

9 hours ago, Patine said:

You realize you've effectively just proven my point there, and almost in the words a dull-witted character from a stupid adult cartoon would. I didn't think it be so easy.

Not to mention, Fox and Breitbart are not accurate sources of information. Fox more accurate than Breitbart, but I'm currently doing my history assignment and an English essay (the latter about Trump) and I doubt that they would accept Breitbart's "news" as a reliable source. 

19 minutes ago, LegolasRedbard said:

Not to mention, Fox and Breitbart are not accurate sources of information. Fox more accurate than Breitbart, but I'm currently doing my history assignment and an English essay (the latter about Trump) and I doubt that they would accept Breitbart's "news" as a reliable source. 

Anymore than quoting information from Stormfront in an essay about Hitler and Naziism in the Third Reich, or Pravda on the rise of United Russia.

19 hours ago, WVProgressive said:

What Emails? The DNC ones because that proved Hillary ad her establishment cronies rigged the primaries against Bernie.

Who would guess that the Democratic party would try to stop an independent who joined the party right before running from winning the nomination from one of the most prominent Democratic political figures of the past quarter-century?

This is disgusting, though. The CDC should not be censored.

1 hour ago, Bruce Fischer said:

Who would guess that the Democratic party would try to stop an independent who joined the party right before running from winning the nomination from one of the most prominent Democratic political figures of the past quarter-century?

So now it's a-okay to totally disregard the will of the people!? I thought it was the Democratic party not the Corpratist Party (actually given it's state that might be a better name for it). 

6 hours ago, WVProgressive said:

So now it's a-okay to totally disregard the will of the people!? I thought it was the Democratic party not the Corpratist Party (actually given it's state that might be a better name for it). 

The Democratic Party can be the Corporatist Party, and then the Republican Party can be the Plutocratic Party, and we can be perfectly honest.

9 minutes ago, Patine said:

The Democratic Party can be the Corporatist Party, and then the Republican Party can be the Plutocratic Party, and we can be perfectly honest.

I can second that my Canadian brother!

24 minutes ago, Patine said:

I would rather have the Science Party and the Humanitarian Party as the only allowable parties in the US, and both must stick strictly to their platform, except in areas where compromise is necessary between both science and humanitarianism, and to the exclusion of areas that don't significantly overlap with both of these--such as profit and religion in many cases.