270soft Forum

Final Update: US 1800  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be able to help with any of the following?

• Play through the scenario and offer general feedback.
    • Play through as John Adams or Thomas Jefferson to make sure it isn't too easy to win.
    • Play through as a minor candidate or what-if candidate to make sure it isn't too easy to win.
    • I can help with other things such as double-checking things in the editor, or altering .xls files if needed.
    • Sorry, I can't help with this scenario.

Update: More events have been added, capturing more of the intrigue by Hamilton and Burr, as well as the tension between Adams and Hamilton. 

Update: I'm going to add a what-if George Washington. He had died in Dec 1799 of a freak illness, and arguably helped by some bad doctoring. 

4 hours ago, vcczar said:

Update: I'm going to add a what-if George Washington. He had died in Dec 1799 of a freak illness, and arguably helped by some bad doctoring. 

All doctoring was bad in 1799. They didn't even have a reliable antisthetic or antibiotic back then, or knew the real difference about if someone was dying from a virus, bacterial infection, cancer, or hereditary disorder.

2 hours ago, vcczar said:

Update: I'm now adding many more endorsers. 

Will Territorial Governors (like William Henry Harrison of the Northwest Territory at the time of this election, I believ, and much larger numbers of them going forward) be endorsers, or only full State governors?

9 hours ago, Patine said:

Will Territorial Governors (like William Henry Harrison of the Northwest Territory at the time of this election, I believ, and much larger numbers of them going forward) be endorsers, or only full State governors?

Only significant territorial governors, like Harrison. I think he's included as one. They will "reside" in the nearest state. 

Update: I'll have endorsers done tonight or tomorrow. I may have the entire scenario update by the end of tomorrow. Starting Tuesday, I'll have very little freedom for about a week, but I'll probably make a little bit of progress each day. 

Update: Endorsers are done (I added about 30 new endorsers), I added far-right and far-left issues, and amended the platforms of some of the candidates.

Update: Set the starting cash for each candidate, added a 100 voters for states with no popular vote so the result won't be random anymore, and amended who was on what ballot (presidential or VP ballot)

Update: I've edited the scenario and candidate descriptions, edited the "VP's" for each candidate, and also amended James Monroe's platform to make him more accurately radical, as he was in 1800. Also changed the ad costs and money coefficient. 

Except for minor tinkering, this election is about done. @Lyly do you have a map you can attach to the 1800 election? The file is attached here. Also, I'd appreciate it if anyone else can try the scenario out sometime today. @Patine @Kingthero @michaelsdiamonds, or anyone else. 

United States - 1800 Test.zip

17 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Except for minor tinkering, this election is about done. @Lyly do you have a map you can attach to the 1800 election? The file is attached here. Also, I'd appreciate it if anyone else can try the scenario out sometime today. @Patine @Kingthero @michaelsdiamonds, or anyone else. 

United States - 1800 Test.zip

I'll try to have a go after work. I apologize that the "Most Wonderful Time of the Year" hasn't been leaving me much energy to try the others seriously, but I'll try to fit some time in this evening.

16 hours ago, Lyly said:

Apologies for the lag on this one, folks! Wrapping up at school this week took more energy than I would have hoped, but maps are coming.

Here's the updated 1800 scenario with map. Enjoy!

United States - 1800.rar

Excellent! I'll upload the official scenario after doing a little more minor tweaking. I'll be ready for the 1804 map in a couple of days, probably. Thanks!