Jump to content
270soft Forum

Jones won


Guest

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, vcczar said:

He isn't going to betray his voter. Alabama Democrats are more conservative than average Democrats. He will be liberal on Civil Rights (women, minorities, and the poor), but he will be moderate-to-conservative elsewhere, as he must be. I just don't want my more puritan-minded progressive to end up condemning him for being more like Manchin and less like Warren. 

I think if he plays the seat like Manchin, as I expect him to, then he has a shot at holding the seat. This is especially the case if the GOP fields another ingrate like Roy Moore who hasn't the character or mental capacity to hold a national office. 

Scott brown was a liberal republican and manage to lose to warren. jones is the democrat scott brown on the bright side for him maybe he get a job in future democrat government like scott brown did with the job as ambassador. Moore did a  hillary style campagin I still think the women are liars but moore could have won this HAD HE CAMPAGIN MORE. If only mo brooks was the nomiee ( to fair with the cancer i am glad he wasnt but still hopefully he be rid of and then he run and beat jones. and the republican turn out was low. in 2020 it be high and jones will be fucked.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

2020 is a presidential election year, so I highly doubt Jones will survive that senate election- assuming the Alabama GoP nominates a strong candidate, and he doesn't run for president. Is Jones a strong candidate for 2020, if he runs? Not too sure. 

no i dont see him as being strong it would be like a scott brown 2012 ticket.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Presidentinsertname said:

Scott brown was a liberal republican and manage to lose to warren. jones is the democrat scott brown on the bright side for him maybe he get a job in future democrat government like scott brown did with the job as ambassador. Moore did a  hillary style campagin I still think the women are liars but moore could have won this HAD HE CAMPAGIN MORE. If only mo brooks was the nomiee ( to fair with the cancer i am glad he wasnt but still hopefully he be rid of and then he run and beat jones. and the republican turn out was low. in 2020 it be high and jones will be fucked.

Your ultra-partisan claptrap is one of the reasons I've become disgusted with modern U.S. politics. Party before all else - even the good of the people and nation. And you're preaching that line like not only is it a good and beneficial thing for the nation, but that to deviate from it is "treason" and "betrayal." Everytime I read this sort of rhetoric nowadays I just gag...

Link to post
Share on other sites

i

5 minutes ago, Patine said:

Your ultra-partisan claptrap is one of the reasons I've become disgusted with modern U.S. politics. Party before all else - even the good of the people and nation. And you're preaching that line like not only is it a good and beneficial thing for the nation, but that to deviate from it is "treason" and "betrayal." Everytime I read this sort of rhetoric nowadays I just gag...

So i should dis regrad Innocent until proven guilty? the democrats said the right thing to do was to vote democrat and not write in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Presidentinsertname said:

Moore did a  hillary style campagin I still think the women are liars but moore could have won this HAD HE CAMPAGIN MORE

Don't you mean campaign Moore ... I'll show myself out

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Presidentinsertname said:

i

So i should dis regrad Innocent until proven guilty? the democrats said the right thing to do was to vote democrat and not write in.

Perhaps you misunderstood. I said (and have been saying) the whole partisan culture in the U.S. disgusts me - I didn't just call out the Republicans, and assuming and putting words in my mouth is yet another partisan tactic. Plus, I have never said anyone, be they ALLEGED sex offender, terrorist, Communist, any African-American violent criminal whose not a professional athlete, or any other type of criminal, doesn't deserve due process of law, and indeed I firmly believe any attempt to de jure or de facto take that away is a violation of the principals the United States was built on - and again, bringing that up to throw in my face when I've made no such comment is another partisan tactic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Patine said:

Perhaps you misunderstood. I said (and have been saying) the whole partisan culture in the U.S. disgusts me - I didn't just call out the Republicans, and assuming and putting words in my mouth is yet another partisan tactic. Plus, I have never said anyone, be they ALLEGED sex offender, terrorist, Communist, any African-American violent criminal whose not a professional athlete, or any other type of criminal, doesn't deserve due process of law, and indeed I firmly believe any attempt to de jure or de facto take that away is a violation of the principals the United States was built on - and again, bringing that up to throw in my face when I've made no such comment is another partisan tactic.

Have you seen the ad jones camp played they said it you voted for moore everyone would know.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to say moore was to blame just when you tough Theresa may 2017 general election campaig  was the dumbest campaign in 2017 moore prove me wrong he campaign what ten times?  I swear the democrats could run the dead corpse of George Wallace as there candidate and they would still beat Moore moore made a fool of not only himself but trump the party and Bannon not say others are also to blame lesson here is dont campaign like hillary.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Presidentinsertname said:

I could see jones in the cabinet thought of as a ambassadorship.

His background points more towards being named an Attorney General or Federal Judge. It's better to have ambassadors that are both multilingual and are schooled in diplomacy, foreign affairs, and have some background in commerce and military affairs. Scott Brown had served on relevant committees and was a colonel in the military. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hoping Mo Brooks picks up the seat in 2020.  He was my preferred candidate at the start of this thing, but the establishment tried to ram through Luther Strange who was dogged by his connections to Alabama's former governor (Bentley) which resulted in the choice between him and Moore.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, vcczar said:

His background points more towards being named an Attorney General or Federal Judge. It's better to have ambassadors that are both multilingual and are schooled in diplomacy, foreign affairs, and have some background in commerce and military affairs. Scott Brown had served on relevant committees and was a colonel in the military. 

what is it with that senate seat and attorneys?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, vcczar said:

I just think Alabama puts a lot of trust in attorneys. 

Now I see where that stereotype of legal people in the movies having Southern state accents comes from.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...