270soft Forum

US 1788 Election  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be able to help with any of the following?

• Play through the episode and offer general feedback.
    • Play through the episode as John Adams and as a weaker candidate to test the power/cost of ads to make sure it isn't too hard or too easy to win
    • Double-check the voting population of the states in the editor to make sure they are accurate.
    • Sorry, I can't help with this scenario

When I edit the vice/presidential version of one state it also updates the other version of the state...? So the Presidential and Vice Presidential "fills" will have to be in the same state.

But the good news is I was able to add in the other map and found that the flags appear in each state at their "fill" position, so I staggered them out a little bit to help that out.

I modified the ads and the prices are better now and last twice as long.

USA1788du2.zip

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Lyly said:

When I edit the vice/presidential version of one state it also updates the other version of the state...? So the Presidential and Vice Presidential "fills" will have to be in the same state.

But the good news is I was able to add in the other map and found that the flags appear in each state at their "fill" position, so I staggered them out a little bit to help that out.

I modified the ads and the prices are better now and last twice as long.

USA1788du2.zip

This map is perfect. Excellent work! Thanks again. Yeah, it's a shame that the VP ballot colors don't show up. The top %, regardless of ballot is what shows up. 

Update: I'm now looking for any potential candidate specific events to add, as well as potentially adjusted the impact of events. 

Before posting, I will wait for further feedback from other users. 

I recommend downloading the file that @Lyly has posted @Kingthero @michaelsdiamonds

@vcczar 

So I played a bit... I played until it crashed. 

TjsNfPL.png

I played a rather simple style; barnstorm in MA 1 day at a time until monday. flick on 7 day turns and auto spin, get ballot access to contest washington, and start spamming ads.

1. You can still spam ads like crazy.

2. It crashed

Not much more feedback to give, other than the fact i was only 69 days in when it crashed.

9 minutes ago, Kingthero said:

@vcczar 

So I played a bit... I played until it crashed. 

TjsNfPL.png

I played a rather simple style; barnstorm in MA 1 day at a time until monday. flick on 7 day turns and auto spin, get ballot access to contest washington, and start spamming ads.

1. You can still spam ads like crazy.

2. It crashed

Not much more feedback to give, other than the fact i was only 69 days in when it crashed.

Thanks! Ok, I'll work with the ads some more. Do you remember what day it crashed and what error you got?

1 minute ago, vcczar said:

Thanks! Ok, I'll work with the ads some more. Do you remember what day it crashed and what error you got?

Well you got the timestamp on that pic, thats the date the map was on when it crashed. didnt screenshot the crash, and didnt have autosave on.

32 minutes ago, Kingthero said:

Well you got the timestamp on that pic, thats the date the map was on when it crashed. didnt screenshot the crash, and didnt have autosave on.

ok that might help. Thanks

35 minutes ago, Lyly said:

I just ran a simulation where Washington only got 69 votes and the House of Representatives had to confirm him.

I'm not sure how to rectify this. I've looked in the .xls files, and perhaps I'm overlooking what I need to edit. I know that it does that because it looks for a majority of 138 votes, which means, someone has to hit 70, which is impossible, considering 69-69 is a tie. Fortunately, the House will always decide for Washington. 

9 minutes ago, Kingthero said:

i got work and concerts so i wont be able to play it until friday probably.

Ok, I'll see if someone else can do it. Thanks for your help today, though. 

Update: I have set the impact of the events, added a couple of Benjamin Franklin-related events, and changed the photo of John Adams to one from 1788. 

Ok! The scenario is basically done. Can I have three people play through it? One as John Adams, one as George Clinton, and one as Benjamin Franklin (Franklin is the least important one to test). I'll move on to 1792, as I wait for this. Thanks! 

@Lyly @SeanFKennedy @Kingthero @WVProgressive @jnewt @michaelsdiamonds

Here is the updated file: 

United States - 1788 FinalTest.zip

I've been playing a game from the last update as Hancock (with Adams in), but I'm legitimately playing it, so it may take a while longer. I will say there is a good balance of events to keep the campaign colorful and though it is an uphill battle, the scenario is entertaining. Cheers to anyone who can play through on this final version.