Election Day 2017!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Presidentinsertname said:

i was surprise by the exit polling showing trump not being factor.

I'm not. It's a state level race. Now in 2018;  Trump isn't a factor in the congressional races, I'd be concerned.

1 minute ago, NYrepublican said:

Hopefully Cuomo gets a fit of insanity.

Ah, so you finally concede, after being opposed to the idea a few weeks ago, that insanity or other sever mental health issues, are potential grounds for removing an elected official.

Just now, Patine said:

Ah, so you finally concede, after being opposed to the idea a few weeks ago, that insanity or other sever mental health issues, are potential grounds for removing an elected official.

What?

I said "Hopefully Cuomo gets a fit of insanity [during which he fires De Blasio]."

1 minute ago, Presidentinsertname said:

democrats ((most of them not from that states) are making this victory out to be one. 

They might, since it'll be beneficial to the 2018 elections- the Alabama Senate race coming soon. But state politics matter more than if the president is disliked or not. Hell in 2010(in the middle of a Republicans wave) a Democrat came within 4 points of winning the governor house in South Carolina. Not cause of Barack Obama, but because former governor Mark Sanford was despised. 

1 minute ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

They might, since it'll be beneficial to the 2018 elections- the Alabama Senate race coming soon. But state politics matter more than if the president is disliked or not. Hell in 2010(in the middle of a Republicans wave) a Democrat came within 4 points of winning the governor house in South Carolina. Not cause of Barack Obama, but because former governor Mark Sanford was despised. 

That may play out in 2018 in NY as well

Just now, NYrepublican said:

What?

I said "Hopefully Cuomo gets a fit of insanity [during which he fires De Blasio]."

Well, if you do believe firmly that a mentally ill, even raving insane individual, still has the inherent right to hold a political office of power, and keep their full duties and powers, then either you're irrationally defending Trump against all challenge because he was the original one brought up, or you're a nihilist who doesn't care, or you believe (like servo75) that the vision of the Founding Fathers is so perfect and complete it is not up for modern people to change or question it, except through an arduous that is basically an impossibility in the modern political culture, or some other reason just as ridiculous, as I can't see a rational reason being possible there.

1 minute ago, NYrepublican said:

i need to know what earlier debate are you referring to @Patine?

Removing Trump if he were to prove to have declining mental health (and mandatory psychiatric tests, or at least monitoring, of powerful elected officials, including also McCain and a few others came up in that one as well).

Just now, Patine said:

Removing Trump if he were to prove to have declining mental health (and mandatory psychiatric tests, or at least monitoring, of powerful elected officials, including also McCain and a few others came up in that one as well).

he is not mentally insane.

4 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

the district 30 race in the City Council is looking like a potential republican pickup

i am guessing once you can you are getting the hell out of new york city arent you?