270soft Forum

President Trump Forum Approval Poll (Nov 2017)

Pres. Trump Forum Approval Poll -- Nov 2017  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Overall, how well has Trump handled Domestic Policy (Abortion, Drug War, Criminal Justice, Economy, Education, Energy, Environment, Health Care, Regulations, Immigration, Civil Rights, Disaster relief)?

• He has arguably been the best president ever at Domestic Policy
    • He has arguably been one of the top 10 best president at Domestic Policy
    • He has done pretty well at Domestic Policy
    • He's been above average at Domestic Policy
    • He's been mediocre in Domestic Policy
    • He's been below average at Domestic Policy
    • He hasn't done very well at Domestic Policy
    • He has arguably been one of the top 10 worst presidents at Domestic Policy
    • He has arguably been the worst president at Domestic Policy
  2. 2. Overall, how well has Trump handled Foreign Policy (Trade, Diplomacy, Military overseas, Canada, Mexico, South America, Cuba, North Korea, Iran, China, Russia, Europe, Syria, Africa, etc.)

• He has arguably been the best president ever at Foreign Policy
    • He has arguably been one of the top 10 best president at Foreign Policy
    • He has done pretty well at Foreign Policy
    • He's been above average at Foreign Policy
    • He's been mediocre in Foreign Policy
    • He's been below average at Foreign Policy
    • He hasn't done very well at Foreign Policy
    • He has arguably been one of the top 10 worst presidents at Foreign Policy
    • He has arguably been the worst president at Foreign Policy
  3. 3. Which of the following general areas has Trump done reasonably well as president?

• Making political appointments (advisers, cabinet, cabinet-level, ambassadors, communication directors, judges, etc.)
    • Being the voice of his supporters
    • Being the voice for all Americans
    • Being the leading voice of the "Free World"
    • Handling opposition politicians
    • Handling politicians of his own party
    • Handling the media
    • Handling members of his own administration
    • Inspiring confidence in the presidency and in executive government
    • Showing integrity and honesty
    • Fostering American unity
    • Fulfilling his pledge of "Draining the Swamp"
    • Adhering to Conservative and Traditional American Values
    • Adhering to his Populist platform
    • Showing an independent 3rd way, adrift of either liberal or conservative ideology
    • Inspiring a healthy dose of Nationalism
    • Other positive trait (mention below in a comment if you select this)
    • None of the above

2 hours ago, WVProgressive said:

But still why Kennedy I mean I like the guy but ... best president?

How do you rate the presidents like do you weight certain success in one area such as Healthcare Reform than failure in other areas like starting 5 new interventions when only 9% wanted to be in the two they were already in?

His vision for America was incredible (CRA, VRA, Medicare, Medicaid, man on the moon etc.), even if his death and the subsequent Johnson Administration (and LBJ's superior political skills) were needed to get all of it passed.

I rated them entirely based on how I'm feeling at the moment about each of them with literally no scientific method for choosing where they were in particular. It's not totally subjective though; I abhor Thomas Jefferson as a human being but he's an objectively good President so I rated him at the bottom of the great Presidents. Conversely, I love Jimmy Carter with every fiber of my being but he was objectively a failure as President, which is why I can't in good conscious put him any higher than 13.

5 minutes ago, Bruce Fischer said:

I rated them entirely based on how I'm feeling at the moment about each of them with literally no scientific method for choosing where they were in particular. It's not totally subjective though; I abhor Thomas Jefferson as a human being but he's an objectively good President so I rated him at the bottom of the great Presidents. Conversely, I love Jimmy Carter with every fiber of my being but he was objectively a failure as President, which is why I can't in good conscious put him any higher than 13.

Well thanks for the honesty. I guess that is as good as any way to make a subjective list on presidents :P

On 11/1/2017 at 2:01 PM, dindu said:

There is no way that Trump will get impeached. The Republicans control congress. I think that anything was better than Hillary because she was psychotic about Russia and would maybe have started an unnecessary war with our white brothers in Russia.

@dinduOur "White Brothers", Really wish I could unsee that. Does it make you feel any emotions to know that I my father is Jewish, and I observe the holidays? (There definitely is a right answer to this)

45 minutes ago, LokiLoki22 said:

@dinduOur "White Brothers", Really wish I could unsee that. Does it make you feel any emotions to know that I my father is Jewish, and I observe the holidays? (There definitely is a right answer to this)

Koneke/dindu is a bad cliché. I sometimes wonder if he wears a pickelhaube while sitting at his computer. :P