270soft Forum

Candidates in Hogwarts Houses

So recently I was able to get together a few friends from high school and we were briefly discuss any what if last year's presidential candidates were sorted into the Hogwarts houses. This all started because we all agreed that Jeb Bush is the definition of a Hufflepuff. This is what we had

Gryffindor

John Kasich 

Bernie Sanders 

Marco Rubio

Slytherin

Donald Trump 

Hillary Clinton 

Ted Cruz

Chris Christie 

Hufflepuff

Jeb Bush

Rand Paul

Martin O'Malley 

Gary Johnson 

Ravenclaw

Carly Fiorinna 

Lincoln Chafee 

Barack Obama (I know he didn't run)

I’d say Hillary Clinton is probably a Ravenclaw. Her strengths being that she’s clearly intelligent and educated, and her weaknesses being she’s a bit too sure of herself and can come across as patronizing or as if she is educating vs talking with you. I think Christie is the best example of a Slytherin in that group. I would put Trump as a squib, but that’s peobably incredibly biased of me.

2 hours ago, SeanFKennedy said:

So recently I was able to get together a few friends from high school and we were briefly discuss any what if last year's presidential candidates were sorted into the Hogwarts houses. This all started because we all agreed that Jeb Bush is the definition of a Hufflepuff. This is what we had

Gryffindor

John Kasich 

Bernie Sanders 

Marco Rubio

Slytherin

Donald Trump 

Hillary Clinton 

Ted Cruz

Chris Christie 

Hufflepuff

Jeb Bush

Rand Paul

Martin O'Malley 

Gary Johnson 

Ravenclaw

Carly Fiorinna 

Lincoln Chafee 

Barack Obama (I know he didn't run)

Ah, yes, Harry Potter. The fictionalized, dramatized Order of Hermes for young readers.

3 hours ago, michaelsdiamonds said:

I’d say Hillary Clinton is probably a Ravenclaw. Her strengths being that she’s clearly intelligent and educated, and her weaknesses being she’s a bit too sure of herself and can come across as patronizing or as if she is educating vs talking with you. I think Christie is the best example of a Slytherin in that group. I would put Trump as a squib, but that’s peobably incredibly biased of me.

Remember Slytherins aren't always evil/bad. She does seem similar to Slughorn, although I agree she'd probably be a Ravenclaw. 

I'm more inclined to see Kasich as a Hufflepuff, and O'Malley is definitely a technocrat so I'd argue Ravenclaw for him. 

Gryffindor: McCain, Reagan, Jerry Brown, TR, JFK

Slytherin: Bill Clinton, Nixon, Agnew, McCarthy, Aaron Burr, LBJ, Cheney

Hufflepuff: Ford, Taft, Rockefeller, Carter, Humphrey

Ravenclaw: Obama, HW Bush, Hillary Clinton, Romney

2 hours ago, RP Overlord said:

Remember Slytherins aren't always evil/bad. She does seem similar to Slughorn, although I agree she'd probably be a Ravenclaw. 

Oh I know. I actually hoped to be a Slytherin when Pottermore first arose. But, the traits seem to be more fitting for a Ravenclaw.

1 hour ago, CalebsParadox said:

I'm more inclined to see Kasich as a Hufflepuff, and O'Malley is definitely a technocrat so I'd argue Ravenclaw for him. 

Gryffindor: McCain, Reagan, Jerry Brown, TR, JFK

Slytherin: Bill Clinton, Nixon, Agnew, McCarthy, Aaron Burr, LBJ, Cheney

Hufflepuff: Ford, Taft, Rockefeller, Carter, Humphrey

Ravenclaw: Obama, HW Bush, Hillary Clinton, Romney

I think this is remarkably accurate. A lot of the politicians that appeal to me (regardless of ideology) also share a house with me, under this grouping.