270soft Forum

Presidential Flaw Poll

Presidential Flaw Poll  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Assuming your candidate's platform is otherwise ideal to you, which of these flaws would be a deal-breaker for you in supporting the candidate?

• Is a registered sex offender
    • Is 100 years old
    • Is openly racist
    • Is a radical fundamental Christian
    • Is a radical fundamentalist of a non-Christian religion
    • Is a radical atheist
    • Is a Muslim, but not radical or fundamental
    • Is openly non-religious, but not radical or fundamental
    • Is a woman
    • Is transgendered
    • Is African-American
    • Is gay
    • Is a White man without a college degree
    • Has never lived or spent more than a couple of days outside of the city
    • Has never lived or spent more than a couple of days outside of the country
    • Has never been a politician
    • Has never lived a life outside of politics or around politicians
    • Is a multi-billionaire
    • Has never made more than $45,000 a year.
    • None of these flaws would stop me from voting for a candidate with an ideal platform.
  2. 2. part 2 of the above

• Is the son or grandson of your least favorite politician
    • Is of a political dynasty
    • Has little emotional or self-control
    • An intellectual that has difficulty speaking outside of intellectual circles
    • Hates popular culture
    • Is not politically correct, but is not racist
    • Is terminally ill, but should make it four years without any mental deterioration
    • Is uncreative, narrow-minded, and doesn't take advice from others.
    • Is creative, dreamy, and comes up with more ideas than they can complete
    • Is a compulsive liar
    • Is a sociopath
    • Is a narcissist
    • Is a sex addict, and has had numerous affairs
    • Is openly polygamous with numerous lovers
    • Is bisexual
    • Is hideous (looks like the Elephant Man)
    • Personally dislikes you
    • Has a major flatulence problem that is constantly caught on tape
    • In their youth, they had been a Nazi or a Communist for five years, but had disavowed it after those five years, and they still do thirty years later
    • None of these flaws would stop me from voting for a candidate with an ideal platform.
  3. 3. Part 3 of the above

• Is probably very corrupt; it hasn't been proven, but seems very likely
    • Is very eccentric in their behavior
    • Has Tourette's syndrome, including the cursing element of it
    • Hates children
    • Is known to try and please everyone
    • Has a very annoying voice
    • Their proposed list for their cabinet includes only white men
    • Their proposed list for their cabinet includes only minorities and women
    • Their intelligence is often questioned
    • They have no sense of humor
    • They dislike animals and are occasionally cruel to them
    • They are heavily rumored to have murdered at least one person
    • They are homophobic
    • They are sexist
    • The are paranoid on matters of loyalty/disloyalty
    • It has been leaked that they have some strange fetishes, like wearing a mascot uniform when sleeping
    • Is constantly pessimistic and cranky
    • Is constantly optimistic and happy
    • Is covered in tattoos
    • None of these flaws would prevent me from voting for a candidate with an ideal platform.

Just now, NYrepublican said:

Just curious, I am NOT attacking you in any way but what's inherently wrong with a Muslim president @ThePotatoWalrus?

I'm imagining he's buying into typical American propaganda and stereotype, supported by many U.S. politicians, including Trump, as well Evangelical "Christian" leaders, and political pundits like Beck, Limbaugh, O'Reilly, Coulter, and others, who insist that ALL Moslems by nature are automatically safe to assume as full supporters of hard Sharia Law and approving of the actions and motives of all Islamist Terrorist groups, just by nature of being Moslems as an inextricable quality, and one being U.S. President would certainly and with no doubt make a central priority of instilling Sharia Law into U.S. Constitutional, Civil, and Criminal Law. This tends to be the general fear or stereotype that many Americans who hold the belief that NO Moslem should become U.S. President seem to abide by. Then again, @ThePotatoWalrus MIGHT surprise me with his reason.

On 10/5/2017 at 3:36 PM, vcczar said:

New poll

DAMNIT, let me please clear this up, I ABSOLUTELY MEANT TO CHECK THE SEXIST ONE.

Just now, Patine said:

Are you serious, or just trolling here?

Of course I'm serious, I didn't want to get lit up over it by you or another. I want to make it crystal clear I meant to.

6 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Me too.

11 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

Of course I'm serious, I didn't want to get lit up over it by you or another. I want to make it crystal clear I meant to.

On ‎2017‎-‎10‎-‎05 at 1:36 PM, vcczar said:

New poll

Now here's the kicker. 12 people voted, but only 11 voted for a "a registered sex offender," 10 for a "compulsive liar," and 9 for "a sociopath," being a deal breaker...

The only one who didn't vote for at least 1 was @ThePotatoWalrus

Well, what can I say. He's alright with a lurid, lying, sex-obsessed, sociopathic, monster in the White House, as long as they're not non-White, non-Christian, a woman, gay, or transgendered. Sounds like he's growing into a Rush Limbaugh type of viewpoint on that. And I don't mean that as a complement, as I view Limbaugh as just a mouthpiece of lies, hate, misinformation, bad stereotypes, and misplaced propaganda.

3 hours ago, NYrepublican said:

Just curious, I am NOT attacking you in any way but what's inherently wrong with a Muslim president @ThePotatoWalrus?

Probably same reason @Reagan04 did. A few I clicked on accident. The woman and gay ones weren't though

What's inhererently wrong with the latter two?

Muslims don't represent a majority of the United States (I'd rather even have an atheist President)

Women don't have the same mindset men do and depending on a variety of factors may be viewed as weaker than a man by countries like Russia and China who may attempt to manipulate her. Same goes with gays.

While I realize my selections may appear to some as racist, I actually have reasons and opinions on them and am not choosing them to be racist or incendiary. 

Can a woman, gay person or muslim hold office? Yes. Many have and many have done so wonderfully. I took the question as, "would you prefer a gay/muslim/woman to hold office as opposed to generic white dude"?

Hope this clears stuff up

12 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Muslims don't represent a majority of the United States (I'd rather even have an atheist President)

And according to polls neither to pro-life people, does it follow that pro-life people shouldn't be president?

13 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Women don't have the same mindset men do and depending on a variety of factors may be viewed as weaker than a man by countries like Russia and China who may attempt to manipulate her. Same goes with gays.

That's a fair argument

14 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Can a woman, gay person or muslim hold office? Yes. Many have and many have done so wonderfully. I took the question as, "would you prefer a gay/muslim/woman to hold office as opposed to generic white dude"?

I still don't see how you could possibly interpret "Assuming your candidate's platform is otherwise ideal to you, which of these flaws would be a deal-breaker for you in supporting the candidate?" that way.

@NYrepublican actually if you look at policy polling most Americans are pro-life by a solid majority. Just wanted to clear that up. I agree with the rest of your point, jus wanted to point that out.

38 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

That's a fair argument

55 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

So, Isabella I of Spain (a woman) and Alexander III (the Great) of Macedon (openly gay, or at least greatly preferring male companionship) were leaders who showed a weak face and were easily pushed around by patriarchal, traditionalist cultures?

42 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

I still don't see how you could possibly interpret "Assuming your candidate's platform is otherwise ideal to you, which of these flaws would be a deal-breaker for you in supporting the candidate?" that way.

I only read the deal breaker part. I assumed the rest

Just now, Patine said:

So, Isabella I of Spain (a woman) and Alexander III (the Great) of Macedon (openly gay, or at least greatly preferring male companionship) were leaders who showed a weak face and were easily pushed around by patriarchal, traditionalist cultures?

1 hour ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

>>>depending on a variety of factors may be viewed as weaker than a man<<<

Can a woman, gay person or muslim hold office? Yes. Many have and many have done so wonderfully.

My boi Patine cherry picking his arguments here 🍒 🍒 

I already said women and gays can hold office my dude.

10 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

@NYrepublican actually if you look at policy polling most Americans are pro-life by a solid majority. Just wanted to clear that up. I agree with the rest of your point, jus wanted to point that out.

Not sure if this statistic is true, but I meant with the whole Muslim thing I didn't approve of a CULTURE with about a 2% following in the US being a head of government. Issue positions I don't mind with.

1 minute ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Not sure if this statistic is true, but I meant with the whole Muslim thing I didn't approve of a CULTURE with about a 2% following in the US being a head of government. Issue positions I don't mind with.

How about Native Americans, who have definite seniority in terms of amount of time living in the country by, oh, several thousand years, but are also a small minority today?

9 minutes ago, Patine said:

How about Native Americans, who have definite seniority in terms of amount of time living in the country by, oh, several thousand years, but are also a small minority today?

Technically, they came from Asia. Technically most of the US population (including myself, my great grandma was pure Cherokee and couldn't speak English well, if at all) has some form of Native American ancestry. I don't see what your point is. We already provide for Native Americans. We gave them reparations and reservations (which have their own governments which can overturn state laws, for example, drug laws so they can smoke Peyote for ceremonies and stuff).

3 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Technically, they came from Asia. Technically most of the US population (including myself, my great grandma was pure Cherokee and couldn't speak English well, if at all) has some form of Native American ancestry. I don't see what your point is. We already provide for Native Americans. We gave them reparations and reservations (which have their own governments which can overturn state laws, for example, drug laws so they can smoke Peyote for ceremonies and stuff).

You missed my point. I'm asking about your opinion or support for a potential Native American President, not their whole situation in general. Remember the name of this specific thread. :P

22 minutes ago, Patine said:

You missed my point. I'm asking about your opinion or support for a potential Native American President, not their whole situation in general. Remember the name of this specific thread. :P

Oh, lol. I guess, since technically most people are Native Americans.