270soft Forum

Hypothetical debate

Just now, Patine said:

Who?

Ben Shapiro is a conseravtive speaker who has a beef with Milo Yiannopolous, an alt rightist who fell out of favour because of supposedly saying he was OK with pederasty on an episode of the Drunken Peasants Podcast.

4 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Milo - He basically just exists to provoke people.

One of the truest things I've ever read.

Both were on The Rubin Report so maybe he could host a debate between the two. 

Just now, Sunnymentoaddict said:

I'd prefer a Ben Sharpio and a Tommy Vitor( he was a staffer in Obama's administration, and host his own foreign policy podcast).

That'd be interesting.

I think Milo would probably be massively discredited in a debate with Shapiro since Shapiro probably wouldn't come close to taking the bait unless Milo goes way too far to try to provoke him (like direct references to the Holocaust for example) but that would probably backfire on him way more than normal Milo debating Shapiro would.

2 hours ago, NYrepublican said:

That'd be interesting.

I think Milo would probably be massively discredited in a debate with Shapiro since Shapiro probably wouldn't come close to taking the bait unless Milo goes way too far to try to provoke him (like direct references to the Holocaust for example) but that would probably backfire on him way more than normal Milo debating Shapiro would.

Yeah both Ben and Tommy are close in age, so their generational experiences would be relatively the same. Plus, unlike Milo, Tommy is well versed enough in policy details that the debate would he worth listening to .

Maybe cause I'm far from Milo's "ideology", he comes off more as an insufferable douche than actual humor( Bill Maher suffers from this at times). But the podcast is " Pod Save the World". I'll admit that there shouldn't be a surprise that a former Obama staffer will have a liberal podcast; but he did an interview with Rep Will Hurd(R-Tex)on the Iran Nuclear Deal- and Iran in general. 

2 hours ago, NYrepublican said:

@Sunnymentoaddict I still think a Milo and Shapiro debate would be pretty funny.