270soft Forum

1988 Election

TheLiberalKitten

13 minutes ago, TheLiberalKitten said:

Anyone know the delegate numbers per state for the Republican and Democratic primaries? Also does anyone know where I could find the primary dates. :)

Is this based off the campaign I sent you? I had the dates but not the delegates.

47 minutes ago, Nulla Lex Ink. said:

Looks good so far, keep up the excellent work :)

Only criticism I have so far though? Very, very disappointed not to see the Rhinoceros party as an option... :P Haha.

Keep at it. Can't wait to play what already looks like an amazing addition to the game :)

Haha :P It's a long way from being finished. However, It'll be out soon.

51 minutes ago, Patine said:

What about the Populist Party (as nasty as they were)?

Update: Just added the Populist Party. I am struggling to find the Republican Delegate count for the primaries but the Democrats delegate numbers are done. I put the correct primary dates for both parties as well.

1.JPG

Update: Percentages are set for the general election. :)

Also added a few  % bonuses for certain VP candidates. For ex, picking Dole as your VP gives you a 10% bonus in Kansas. And picking Jessie Jackson, gives you a -15% in all the South. 

Should I change that? Any ideas for% bonuses? 

On 9/29/2017 at 11:00 PM, TheLiberalKitten said:

Update: I sort of manged to figure out how to work the percentages. Here's how it looks, but I'm still updating the % Also I'm still looking for Republican Delegate numbers. :)

This might help. I found an article on ProQuest that seems to list the number of ballot votes from the roll call at the convention. PDF attached, here's the key image:

6sXOMhS.jpg

out.pdf

Update: I am almost done with the endorsers. Next thing after that will be the events. Would anyone care to make a list of what could be a event for that time period. Oct 1. 1987 to Nov 8. 1988, it would help a lot and it'll make the process easier. 

10 hours ago, TheLiberalKitten said:

Update: Endorsers are done. Just need to add the events and then this scenario will  be complete.

Oh, here are two related foreign affairs extra events, if you don't have them.

-August 23, 1987 (not sure if your primary cycle goes back that far) and February 16, 1988 - the first and second protest rallies in Soviet history that did not result in violence or arrests are held in Vilnius, in the Lithuanian SSR, organized by the pro-independence group the Lithuanian Liberty League, showing outwardly obvious cracks in the political integrity of the USSR and a possible sign of Mikhail Gorbachev's willingness for genuine reform.

Archived