270soft Forum

Turner Visits Florence, South Carolina After Devastating Hurricane

I am expressing my deepest condolences to the people of South Carolina. It is a terrible sight, looking at all the homes that have been destroyed, all of the hard work being leveled to the ground. But I believe the people of South Carolina will move forward, with the support of the rest of the country. Because I believe that no American, or human being for that matter should go through what you faced. 

Turner Talks Democrats And Republicans in Manchester, Connecticut

Democrats and Republicans on Capitol Hill strongly oppose each other. Well, as president, I can be a middle ground. I can build a working coalition for both parties. Because I am a uniter. And I will make that message very clear. 

Turner Talks Taxes in New London, Connecticut

As president of the United States of America, I promise I will not raise taxes on the hard-working middle class. Because the American people deserve to keep most of what they earn. I will promote responsible fiscal policy, and work to reduce the national debt.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

(and as I've 4 turns I can do them now)

Al Gore ad in Kentucky with Bill Clinton

We will create 22 millions jobs by 1996 by investing in R and D, with the National Administration Reform and with news norms!

We will also support the expansion of some of your great enterprises such as KFC (I keep to it) and make sure their norms of work are good for students.

Al Gore ad in the South with Jerry Brown, a new immigration reform:

In more of our law against harassment and the national childcare reform, we will accept and give a statute to the Cubans and latinos who come from Cuba as political refugees.will receive an easy procedure to become official refugees of the US. This will give them access to more coverages and security than currently.

We will also improve colored people's rights with an Attorney General like Jesse Jackson.

The South needs jobs, needs auto prosperity before any federal intervention.

Al Gore in Illinois: Talks about fighting poverty with Anderson:

We will fight poverty with the Healthcare plan inspired by Ted, we already banned pre-existing conditions in Arkansas and this will pass the whole 50 states if you make me your nominee!

Al Gore in Virginia: Talks about his education program for the poorest schools of the Country

We will take 200 billions in defence and put them in public subsides for the public school untill the Highschool.

OOC: Was distracted by the Alabama Senate race, will post shorter than usual events.

Walter Huddleston Joins Ferraro in Rural Kentucky; Talks Rural Healthcare

Huddleston: “The state of healthcare in rural parts of Kentucky is worrying but Gerry Ferraro wants to work to fix it. She’ll increase funding for rural hospitals and clinics and establish a program to bring qualified doctors and nurses to these facilities. It’s time to improve the quality of rural healthcare and only Gerry has promised to do that.”

Martha Collins Campaigns with Ferraro in Hopkinsville, Kentucky; Discusses Education

Collins: “I did much in my time as Governor to reform Kentucky’s education system, now Gerry Ferraro wants to work to improve education for all Americans which a bold set of policies: universal preschool, higher academic standards for math and English, greater funding for math and science courses, and a more equitable funding system for our schools. She wants to make sure our children get the education they need and wants me to oversee these policies. I hope you’ll join me in supporting Gerry so we can prepare our children for the jobs of the future and in helping me become our next Secretary of Education.”

Reubin Askew Joins Ferraro in Miramar, Florida; Speaks About Restoring Faith in Government

Ferraro: “Fmr. Gov. Askew fought as governor to clean up Florida’s government and make sure it was working for the people, now I want to do that as president. That’s why I’m going to implement a two-year ban on lobbying after leaving office for members of Congress, require full financial disclosure, and pass campaign finance reform legislation. It’s time to bring back good government and restore public faith in government and as president you bet I will do that.”

Lawton Chiles Stumps with Ferraro in Jacksonville, Florida; Discusses Regulations

Chiles: “Gerry is committed to removing unnecessary, redundant, or out-of-date regulations to make our government more efficient. She will establish a task force headed by her vice president to do just this because she believes in making our government work more effectively. This doesn’t mean she is against regulations but it means she wants to make sure we have the right regulations and don’t have regulations just for regulations sake.”

The Ferraro Campaign Airs a TV Ad in the South

*Clips of police officers arresting criminals appears*

Narrator: “Our nation is facing a crime epidemic like it’s never seen before. The rate of violent crimes has increased by 30% since 1978 and it shows no signs of slowing down. We need a president who is prepared to take on this issue, who has the experience necessary to get tough on crime and make our streets safer.”

*A picture of Al Gore appears*

Narrator: “Sen. Gore has put forward policies that are inadequate at solving the problem of violent crimes on the streets. They will only fight crime after the fact, not address the problem at the root. And he believes that governors should be able to send in the National Guard to deal with crime instead of trusting the capabilities of police departments to do their jobs. He wants a short-term solution for a long term problem. We can do better than that.”

*Pictures of Ferraro from her days as a prosecutor appears*

Narrator: “Gerry Ferraro had first-hand experience locking up criminals as an Assistant DA for Queens and helped put away rapists, child abusers, and spousal abusers. She knows what it means to get tough on crime and how to improve law enforcement tactics that will work to prevent crime, not just lock-up criminals after they commit it.”

*Clips of Ferraro meeting with police officers and community leaders are shown*

Narrator: “Gerry wants to find local solutions to the problem of crime, that is why she supports a community policing initiative that will work to forge partnerships between law enforcement officials and community members to fight crime in their neighborhoods and make improvements that will keep kids away from a life of crime. She wants to increase the number of police officers on the streets by 100,000 to provide departments with the resources they need to more effectively fight crime, to get tougher on sentencing, and to work to break up drug trafficking rings that contribute to the violent crime on our streets.

It’s time to make our streets safer for our children and to end the crime epidemic once-and-for-all.

Gerry Ferraro: Finally a tough Democrat.”

*A picture of Ferraro smiling appears*

Narrator: “Paid for by Ferraro for America.”

Endorsements

Al Gore

Howell Heflin  (+2 Alabama )

Romano Mazzoli (+1 Kentucky )

Alan Wheat (+1 Missouri )

League of Convention Voters (+1 nationally, +2 California )

Geraldine Ferraro

Norman Sisisky (+1 Virginia )

Tom Foley  (+2 Washington +.5 nationally )

Xavier Suarez  (+1 Florida )

Bob Dole

Billy Joel  (+.5 nationally )

Gary Stevens  (+1 Kentucky )

Pat Robertson

Donald Samuelson  (+2 Idaho )

Harold Stassen

Silvio Conte  (+1 Massachusetts )

Ted Turner

(You can take it as 2 turns in less for my next turn, my first exam is tomorow)

Al Gore South+National Ad (2 turns so): Satyrical

It shows Ferraro in an office:

Actor playing Ferraro: Let's say that I will bring clarity!

Papers showing scandal with Gov Cuomo and doubts about his campain link with Gore defending her

Actor playing Ferraro: Roh, let's say I will unite the Democratic Party

A TV opens by himself showing Ferraro in a meeting: I WILL TELL TO EVERY AMERICAN THAT THE PLAN OF GORE IS BAD ON CRIME AND HE ACTS LIKE A DICTATOR!

Actor playing ferraro: But I can be a true Conservative if I want, I am more a moderate as Gore is.

The TV changes channel, showing still Ferraro: WE WILL BE IN THE SPIRIT OF MICHAEL DUKAKIS CAMPAIN.

Actor playing Ferraro a bit upset, searchs something still: Yep, we have something against him Let's talk proudly about our Crime position! Nobody can still believe at my aim to unite the party after that I insulted Gore of dictator so let's do negative ads.

The advisor is doubtfull and answers: Mam...crime raised in your county under you...

Actor of Ferraro: Oh...let's say it's false like everything else.

The camera looks at Gore now, talking to the Camera:

America needs clarity, the Democrats need someone who is clear on issues.

If you want it, vote for us on Super Tuesday.

Payed by Al Gore for America

Howell Heflin  with Al Gore in Alabama:

I support Al Gore because he's representing the Democratic South the best!

Romano Mazzoli in kentucky with Al Gore:

I support Al Gore because he's committing to create back jobs here in Kentucky!

Alan Wheat in Missouri with Al Gore:

I support Al Gore because he's committed to save farmers situation with his cotas plan.

Just now, Sami said:

(You can take it as 2 turns in less for my next turn, my first exam is tomorow)

Al Gore South+National Ad (2 turns so): Satyrical

It shows Ferraro in an office:

Actor playing Ferraro: Let's say that I will bring clarity!

Papers showing scandal with Gov Cuomo and doubts about his campain link with Gore defending her

Actor playing Ferraro: Roh, let's say I will unite the Democratic Party

A TV opens by himself showing Ferraro in a meeting: I WILL TELL TO EVERY AMERICAN THAT THE PLAN OF GORE IS BAD ON CRIME AND HE ACTS LIKE A DICTATOR!

Actor playing ferraro: But I can be a true Conservative if I want, I am more a moderate as Gore is.

The TV changes channel, showing still Ferraro: WE WILL BE IN THE SPIRIT OF MICHAEL DUKAKIS CAMPAIN.

Actor playing Ferraro a bit upset, searchs something still: Yep, we have something against him Let's talk proudly about our Crime position! Nobody can still believe at my aim to unite the party after that I insulted Gore of dictator so let's do negative ads.

The councillors is doubtfull and answers: Mam...crime raised in your county under you...

Actor of Ferraro: Oh...let's say it's false like everything else.

The camera looks at Gore now, talking to the Camera:

America needs clarity, the Democrats need some who is clear on issues.

If you want it, vote for us on Super Tuesday.

Payed by Al Gore for America

Howell Heflin  with Al Gore in Alabama:

I support Al Gore because he's representing the Democratic South the best!

Romano Mazzoli in kentucky with Al Gore:

I support Al Gore because he's committing to create back jobs here in Kentucky!

Alan Wheat in Missouri with Al Gore:

I support Al Gore because he's committed to save farmers situation with his cotas plan.

OOC: Ok, I'm sorry if this sounds rude but I'm just getting extremely irritated that you are mocking Ferraro for criticizing your policies once again. Like, ffs she is not even saying you are wrong on crime like before just that they are inadequate which is a much lighter criticism. It drives me nuts when you do this and try to paint her as dividing the party because THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH CRITICIZING YOUR OPPONENTS POLICIES.

I'm sorry but this really gets on my nerves every time you do this.

7 hours ago, Somberg said:

OOC: Ok, I'm sorry if this sounds rude but I'm just getting extremely irritated that you are mocking Ferraro for criticizing your policies once again. Like, ffs she is not even saying you are wrong on crime like before just that they are inadequate which is a much lighter criticism. It drives me nuts when you do this and try to paint her as dividing the party because THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH CRITICIZING YOUR OPPONENTS POLICIES.

I'm sorry but this really gets on my nerves every time you do this.

OOC : How about you just play the game instead of acting like a toddler every time something doesn't go your way. I told you last time it was your last warning so I have no pleasure in saying this but you're done. You complain when you don't get the endorsements you want,  you complain when he attacks you in a way you don't like, you complain when you feel that the polls are off. I'm frankly done dealing with it so you're done with this RP. Change your attitude or you won't be welcome back for the next one. No more chances for this one though.

Ted Kennedy campaigns in Boston, Massachusetts for Al Gore on Deficit 

" You know it's kind of funny all these Republicans talking about fiscal responsibility when their most recent president tripled our deficit. Al Gore has a plan to fix this. That's why on the 8th of March I want you all to go out and vote for Al Gore! 

Ted Kennedy campaigns for Gore in Providence, Rhode Island 

"You know Al Gore has inspired me and various of the candidates in the We the People movement to show that young people's interests are being represented. All of our candidates in the We the People movement are running on small donations from you everyday people. With Al Gore is our president and a democratic house and a Democratic Senate imagine how forward we can go as a nation. I want you all who have supported me and my campaign to come out and vote for Al Gore in the great state of Rhode Island!"

Dole Runs Nationwide Ad on Canada

To the American People;

A few weeks ago, Brian Mulroney endorsed me. As he is Prime Minister of Canada, me and him got to have a lengthy discussion on the current trade relations between the two of our countries. I have worked hard to draft a general plan for Canadian-American trade that would benefit both our People and their People, and finally we have a good idea.

Brian Mulroney

As Prime Minister of Canada, I can firmly state that if Dole becomes President, the economy of both of our countries will become better!

Bob Dole

If you want a stronger economy, along with stronger relations with Canada, vote Dole!

Gary Stevens Announces Endorsement of Dole in Louisville, Kentucky (Free Event)

I have been riding horses for years. Horseback events are important to me; it is both a culture and a sport. I love the horses I ride, and I love the fans that come out and support us at events. Bob Dole has expressed his support for the sport; he has visited Louisville multiple times, and I know for a fact he supports what we do here. To the People of Kentucky; Go out and vote Dole; if he can come out and support our local culture, we should go out and vote for him so he can represent the nation's culture!

Constance Morella Announces her endorsement of Dole in Baltimore, Maryland (Free Event)

I stand for the beliefs of the moderates of the Republican Party. I don’t stand for a lot of the very conservative things they propose; however, I believe in more conservative than liberal beliefs. That being said, I throw my full support behind Bob Dole. He has proven to be a moderate that can appeal to the whole party base, which I respect a lot. I believe that Bob Dole can unite the country. If a profoundly Democratic district can support me, a moderate Republican, for office, than I firmly believe that the American People can get behind Dole, a moderate Republican.

Dole and McConnell Barnstorm on Drugs in Lexington, Kentucky (1 Event w/ Surrogate)

The drug problem in the United States is a terrible issue in our society. It is, however, barely the users to blame; it is mainly the criminals behind the growth and distribution of the drugs. We as a Government spend way too much money trying to incarcerate users; instead, we should use this money to end the production of drugs before they reach our users. We will work with State and Local governments to end these criminal acts of drug production!

Dole and Rogers Rally on Nationalism in Owensboro, Kentucky (1 Event w/ Surrogate)

It is important to be in tune and respectful of our country regardless of the President or Party in power. It is a shame that in our current society, many people hate the American Flag instead of just the specific people in government. People, for the love of God, realize that the country is a democracy! The democratically elected party in power can not change that! We will always have freedom! So please, keep the pride of your country high, and if you hate the government, hate the specifics, not the whole country.

Dole and Spellman Rally on Environmentalism in Seattle, Washington (1 Event w/ Surrogate)

The environment is always important to the future of our children. What we do now will always have an effect on our children. This is why we need fair environmental policies in place; we need to preserve the environment, and work with the People to make it happen. It is unreasonable to make unreasonable policies just to protect the environment, but efficient and fair policies will benefit all parties in play.

Dole and Morella Barnstorm on Moderatism in Baltimore, Maryland (1 Event w/ Surrogate)

Having a moderate viewpoint on many issues is key to the unity of this nation. There will always be two or more sides to an issue, and we must realize this. That is why as moderates, we are in a unique position within the government. It will usually come down to us to make decisions, decisions that are key to the future of our nation. I have had to do many personally, and as President I would keep having to make such decisions. So, vote for the candidate that will represent the most people, vote Bob Dole!

Bush and Gates Barnstorm on Technology in Lexington, Kentucky (1/2 HPE w/ Surrogate)

Gates is a technological genius; he told me that he will help the Government expand new infrastructure across the country. A strong relationship between the tech industry and the Government right now is key to the growth of our nation. Dole supports new technology, which will greatly help our nation as technology evolves.

Bush and Cash Barnstorm on Musical Culture in Louisville, Kentucky (2/2 HPE w/ Surrogate)

Most Americans love music; that is just a fact. This is why music moves so many People, the messages, the feels... Having record players in the recreation halls were key to our youth. Music moved us, and helped guide us through our toughest times. Musicians are backing Dole because he is a motivator of the people. He can move the population, move it towards a sense of strong unity. He will be the President that will protect the American People, and try his best to benefit us all. Vote Dole for Unity!

CNN Report: Ferraro to end Bid for President. To run for Governor of New York in 1990.

"CNN has just received word that Geraldine Ferraro will be dropping her bid for the presidency tonight, this comes after another Scandal has hit the Ferraro campaign and all but halted her momentum going into Super Tuesday. It is also known that Ferraro the building a campaign to run for governor of New York succeeding Mario Cuomo after he faced allegations of using State funds to donate to her campaign. Ferraro has distanced herself from Governor Cuomo and has even told him privately that he should not run for reelection. If all we have reported is true it can be inferred that Al Gore will have it clear path to the Democratic nomination, we will get back to you tonight after Ferraro's speech" 

@Sami @Somberg @Reagan04 @jdm06ltd @Kingthero @Joshen

Ferraro Announces the Suspension of Her Campaign for President

“After much discussion with family, friends, and advisors I’m here to announce that I will be suspending my campaign for president to spend more time with my family who have been put under great stress during this campaign. I do not make this decision lightly, nor do I believe this is the end for myself or for women all across this country. This campaign has already made history, it has already inspired women all across this country to dream big. While we have yet to break that glass ceiling we have put more cracks in it and I have no doubt that we have lain the groundwork for future women who wish to seek the highest office in the land.

I would also like to wish the best of luck to Sen. Gore in his campaign for president and hope he will not forgot the issues that have been brought up during this campaign, issues that matter to many people within our party and across the country.”

1 minute ago, CalebsParadox said:

Could I join as Gov. Bill Clinton and do limited campaign events for Gore? (I'm sure that there's rules somewhere about non candidates posting but I don't know them :P )

You get one event per day in the RP. It's not too poweful but you're welcome to.

Turner Talks Education in Augusta, Maine

As president, it is my goal to make sure that we hold high education standards for the future generation. I believe we should spend more money at the federal level to our schools and programs to help these young children develop their minds. Remember, these will be the ones taking the baton when we grow old, and it is important to make sure they are adequately prepared.

Turner Talks Drugs in Nashua, New Hampshire

We must take extensive measures to keep drugs off our streets, and ensure that our children and teenagers can stay drug free. I'll do whatever it takes to limit drug abuse as much as possible as president of the United States, as this is a major problem for our country today.

Turner Talks Openness in the White House in Concord, New Hampshire

If I become president of the United States, I will ensure that my administration is an open one, where the citizens can understand what's happening within the White House. I'm an approachable, friendly person, and I will bring these traits to the Oval Office.

Turner Campaign Releases a Nationwide TV Advertisement

*Pictures of national forests appear*

Narrator: The environment is something we must protect. It would be a shame for us not to protect such places as beautiful as these, and just plain negligent.

*Pictures of beaches appear*

Narrator: Because when we were growing up, the past generation protected these beaches. It only makes sense that we follow suit, and protect our environment as much as possible. It's just common sense.

*Pictures of waterfalls appear*

Narrator: Ted Turner is a candidate who will fight for the environment and ensure that we can maintain the quality of these places. He understands the importance of the environment.

Ted Turner: I'm Ted Turner, and I approve this message.

Al Gore office:

It's done...

God, it looks like I took years since I jumped in the race.

I did not expect to go untill there...well, the world looks at what happens in the party, I have to manage some little things.

Al Gore short and public declaration:

american-politician-senator-al-gore-spea

First of all I want to thank all the candidates who were running in the Democratic side, we all brought something that will have to be concluded in the Convention to come.

Michael brought a new Childcare and Education Dream, he is an experienced Governor.

Ted gave hopes to millions of workers in the Rust Bell as millions of homeless with his Healthcare and reform dedication.

Rep Ferraro has campained with an incredible energy in this primary that I respect, she contributed to convince more women to join the Democratic party and I unilateraly endorse Geraldine Ferraro for the N.Y. race independently of any candidate in front of her, I will be willing to support her on the ground if needed but Rep Ferraro is not the kind of person who really needs any help.

Smiles.

Accordingly to the promises we made, the program will be voted, and we will attend to build our program for the National Race with every champions of our party!

Let's pass to the next, build a manifesto for America, it begins now at Atlanta and I will only accept a nomination when we will have archieved and agreed on A STRONG PROGRAM FOR THE USA!

I thank you!

Kathy Karpan wins Wyoming House Race primary to run against Cheney in General Election!

"Democratic Party in strongest position since 1976" says Jimmy Carter

Ronald Reagan campaigns for Robert McMillan in New York City, invites other Republicans to stand against Trump

@Sami@jdm06ltd@Reagan04 @Kingthero @Joshen

March 6th Polls

Republicans

Alabama 

Pat Robertson 46%

Bob Dole 31%

Harold Stassen 19%

Kentucky 

Pat Robertson 40%

Bob Dole 40%

Harold Stassen 15%

Louisiana 

Pat Robertson 48%

Bob Dole 33%

Harold Stassen 14%

New York 

Bob Dole 47%

Pat Robertson 30%

Harold Stassen 20%

Texas

Pat Robertson 42%

Bob Dole 38%

Harold Stassen 16%

Virginia 

Pat Robertson 56%

Bob Dole 29%

Harold Stassen 10%

Al Gore announce first shadow cabinet positions:

Today I want to announce some first names which are decided for the next Democratic cabinet if we win.

Bill Clinton will be the shadow Secretary of Treasury @CalebsParadox

Jesse Jackson will be the shadow Attorney.

Bernie Sanders will be the Labor Secretary.

Jerry Brown will be the Interior Secretary.

All these 4 names will receive their appointment in a Democratic cabinet if the people give confidence to us!

A big gift for the press...the rest will come slowly and slowly

Bill Clinton stumps for Al Gore in Little Rock, Arkansas

Gore is the type of politician who can, and will, bring together all factions of the Democratic Party and the United States at large. Recent history has shown us that America yearns for an end to the hyper polarized state of American politics, and Gore has received bipartisan support in many bills he has presented to the Senate. 

Coming from someone in an executive position, Gore has what is needed to lead. He is willing to work with the legislature but not a complete pushover. This November, we, Arkansas, will vote Gore into the White House and bring in a true uniter to counter the Republican divisions! 

Ted Kennedy stumps for Gore in Cleveland, Ohio 1/2

"Over the past 8 years we've seen the deficit under Reagan explode! Al has a plan to balance out budget without cutting programs like Medicare and Social Security, but expansion of programs that help out citizens in hard times"