• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, RP Overlord said:

Ooc: Gore won't get an added bonus in momentum but this is all noted

OOC: Good call, no trying to give Gore a double endorsement boost one is enough but doesn't mean We the People still can't back him.

OOC: Putting this up to get something out there, final two events and ad will come later.

Ferraro Begins Final Push Ahead of Iowa Caucuses

Ferraro in Rural Iowa; Discusses Getting Tough on Crime, Criticizes Gore’s Position

“The crime rate in America is rising, the streets of our cities have grown unsafe because of drugs and violence. It is time that we do something, and I can tell you right now that Sen. Gore does not want to do enough. He has said we need to increase cooperation between state police departments and that is fine, I think that will do wonders in helping catch criminals who flee across state lines but it’s not enough. It won’t stop the flow of drugs into our cities, it will not make our streets safer, it will not stop the violence. But I can tell you right now that I have committed to getting tough on crime, like I did in my days as Assistant DA of Queens, and under a Ferraro administration our crime problem will be solved.

I promise to implement a sweeping community policing program that will foster cooperation between police departments and the communities they serve in fighting against violent crime and fight crime at its roots. I pledge to increase the number of police on our streets and to get tough on sentencing. I vow to deal with drug epidemic by breaking up drug trafficking rings, getting tough on drug dealers, and fighting drug addiction by establishing rehab programs and a concerted education campaign to inform children of the dangers of taking drugs. These are actual solutions to the crime problem, solutions that will work, and if I get elected president then you can guarantee that one of the first things I will do is sign a crime bill that will make our streets safe once again.”

Mondale Joins Ferraro at a Rally in Des Moines, Iowa

Mondale: “Hello, Des Moines! I am proud to be here today with Gerry Ferraro, a true leader who will unite our party and bring the Democrats back to the White House once again!

She has put forward a program that puts the American people first, that will protect the American Dream and expand opportunities for millions of Americans. She is the only candidate in the race that is advocating for universal health insurance that will make sure that every American can afford healthcare coverage and will no longer have to worry about paying medical bills. She is the only candidate in this race who has called for raising the minimum wage and indexing it to inflation, raising wages for workers and making it easier for them to support themselves and their families. She is the only candidate in this race who is truly committed to fighting for fair trade deals, who will get tough on those with unfair trade practices, protect American businesses and American workers, lower trade barriers for American goods, and ensure that any potential trade partners level the playing field by committing to adequate labor and environmental standards.

I have no doubt that Gerry is the candidate in the race who continues the spirit of Gov. Dukakis’ campaign, she has been pushing for the Children’s Health Insurance Program ever since he left and she is committed to making it a reality as president along with her plan for universal health insurance. Join me in supporting her campaign and we will show the world what we can do when we work together.

Now here’s Gerry!”

Ferraro: “Thanks Fritz, I am proud to be here today continuing my campaign for president. I’m not going down without a fight, and if Sen. Gore thinks he can be crowned the nominee well he’s got another thing coming!

But I’d just like to mention my plan for education, because I believe that the key to the American Dream is through education, so that everybody can be qualified enough for the jobs of the future. I have called for universal preschool education and I stand by that, because I believe that we need to give our children the strong head start on their education they need to succeed in school. I will push to ensure more equitable funding for schools and work with local school boards to ensure they are getting the resources they need. I am committed to raising academic standards in math and English and in encouraging greater funding for the math and science so that we can raise our standing with the rest of the world in these areas and ensure our children are getting the skills they need to succeed in the workforce.”

Simon Joins Ferraro at a Rally in Dubuque, Iowa

Simon: “It is my pleasure to be here today with Geraldine Ferraro, a true fighter for working and middle class Americans.

Geraldine will be the president America needs right now, somebody who will tackle the problems our nation is facing head on and find real solutions. She is committed to exercising fiscal responsibility and balancing the budget, cutting wasteful spending and making sure that lower and middle class Americans do not get a tax increase. I have no doubt that she will reduce the deficit and leave our country with a surplus that we can use to pay off our debt and reinvest in programs like Social Security and Medicare. She has the best solutions to address the problem of crime. Her call for community policing, tougher sentencing, and fighting the drug epidemic will make America safe again and help us turn back the tide of crime.

Join me in supporting Geraldine, join me in saying “Yes we can!” and fight for a candidate who you can guarantee will have effective solutions for the problems our nation is facing.

Now join me in welcoming Geraldine Ferraro to the stage!”

Ferraro: “Thank you Sen. Simon, thank you for joining me as we continue the spirit of Gov. Dukakis’ campaign and fight for an America that we can all believe in!

Now I’d like to talk about the farming crisis because I have seen so many farmers here in Iowa continuing to suffer from massive debt and low prices. But I can tell you right now that I will bring back hope to rural communities and I have committed to policies that will help out farmers and ensure that rural folks can achieve the American Dream. I have committed to giving support to those farmers who continue to struggle with debt and you bet I will make sure they do not default and lose their farms. I will work to ensure that new farmers can loans to start up their own farms and I will work to promote small farms and ensure that anyone who wants to work off the land can do so. I will fight to expand agricultural exports to raise prices and put more money in the pockets of farmers, so that they can pay off their debts and no longer risk default.  It’s time to protect the American Dream for rural America and you can bet that I will be doing that as president.”

Cuomo Joins Ferraro at a Rally in Council Bluffs, Iowa

Cuomo: “I am glad to be here today with my great friend Gerry Ferraro, a tough and compassionate woman who will fight to keep the American Dream alive, to make sure that anybody can work hard and get ahead.

I know that Gerry will be a champion for women’s rights, she has been standing up for women ever since she became a lawyer. She has promised to stop violence against women and work to give women the resources they need stand up for themselves, to fight against domestic abuse, rape, and sexual harassment and seek justice. I know she will work to make sure that those with disabilities are treated equally to everyone else, that they are no longer second-class citizens but first-class Americans. She will push for an Americans with Disabilities bill that will make sure that employers and public facilities will accommodate those with disabilities, so that they will be able to achieve the opportunities that every other Americans have access to despite the obstacles that they face.

Gerry will fight for every American, she will be a champion for human rights and I know that she will make a great president.

Here’s Gerry, everyone!”

Ferraro: “Thanks Mario, I’m grateful to have you coming out here today and showing that my campaign for president continues to run strong.

Mario has said so many wonderful things already, so I’d like to talk about something a bit different and that is energy independence. America has such bountiful natural resources and we need to make sure we are taking advantage of them because we know what happens when we rely on other countries for our energy needs, we get another scenario like the 1970s. I am the only candidate in this race who has been calling for energy independence because I believe that America should be self-reliant when it comes to our energy needs. That’s why I’m committed to pursuing an all-of-the-above energy strategy to meet our energy demands – oil, coal, natural gas, wind, solar– all of these will get America to full energy independence. But make no mistake I will fight to protect our environment, to put money into researching alternative energy sources and making them cheaper to use, and to promoting the use of ethanol and clean coal technology to keep our air clean. It’s time for us to end our reliance on foreign oil and work to create an America that can meet its own demands for energy.”

1 minute ago, RP Overlord said:

Hawaii Primary Results

Bob Dole 46.8% 8,068

Pat Robertson 28.1% 4,916

Harold Stassen 25.1% 4,393

746929e1-a112-40d9-bd8e-9fe21076db5b.png

The map... hmmm ok most populous area county to robertson, third most to stassen. I wouldn't have won by so much with that map lol.

@RP Overlord

2 minutes ago, Kingthero said:

The map... hmmm ok most populous area county to robertson, third most to stassen. I wouldn't have won by so much with that map lol.

@RP Overlord

OOC : wow I meant to make Robertson's area for Dole.I'll remake the map, that's my fault for making the map on my phone 

7 hours ago, RP Overlord said:

Jerry Brown signs Healthcare bill Al Gore inspired!

Today the governor of California Jerry Brown signed a bill that was in many ways inspired by Al Gore. The bill makes it so Healthcare companies cannot deny a patient for pre-existing conditions.

@Sami

OOC: I just realized this but Jerry Brown is not the Governor of California at this point, that'd be the Republican George Deukmejian so this will need to be retconned away.

6 minutes ago, Somberg said:

OOC: I just realized this but Jerry Brown is not the Governor of California at this point, that'd be the Republican George Deukmejian so this will need to be retconned away.

Ooc: deleted away. God dammit wish I had a time turner.

10 minutes ago, RP Overlord said:

Ooc: I'll replace Jerry Brown with Bill Clinton, that way @Sami doesn't get too fucked over because that was my bad. It won't carry much weight as if it were California 

OOC: First thanks for Star Wars :P

I hesitated with Yavin 4 too for Minnesota :D

And secondly this is my fault, I should have warned you that in 1988 he was no longer since 5 years I am sorry

I agree with your change and it is not important that we modify it in the RP as we agree

Ferraro in Merrimack, New Hampshire; Discusses Restoring Faith in Government

“People are losing faith in our government, they see Washington as distant and more concerned with catering to special interests and lobbyists than representing the people who voted them into office. Well, I say it’s time to end this and that’s why I’m going to work to restore faith in the government. That means putting in place a two-year ban on lobbying for members of Congress and high-level cabinet officials once they leave office to put an end to the revolving door of Washington. That means requiring full financial disclosure for these same folks, to ensure that they have nothing to hide and that people know they can trust them. It also means fighting for campaign finance reform, for putting strict limits on campaign spending and soft money spending by special interests on behalf of candidates. It’s time that elected officials focused more on getting work done for their constituents than on fundraising for their next campaign and being swayed by special interests. I think we can  make sure Washington is working for the American people once again because I believe that together we can achieve anything.”

Ferraro in Derry, New Hampshire; Talks About Healthcare

“There are too many people in America who cannot afford health insurance, too many people who are forced to wait until it’s an emergency to go to the hospital for treatment. This is terrible and I cannot stand by and see things go on this way. That’s why I support universal health insurance and why I will push for it as president. I believe that everyone should be able to get health insurance coverage, because I’ve met so many folks who are struggling, who are worried about paying medical bills, and I think we could be doing more for them. We also need to end discrimination against those who have pre-existing conditions because it is wrong, these are folks with cancer, with diabetes, with all other kinds of chronic illnesses that need access to medications and treatments. And I believe we must fight for a Children’s Health Insurance Program, because our children are the most precious things in the world and they deserve to be able go to the hospital and get the care they need.”

The Ferraro Campaign Releases a TV Ad in Iowa

*A clip from Ferraro’s speech in Des Moines is shown*

Ferraro: “…if you want someone who will continue the spirit of Gov. Dukakis’ campaign, who will work to fight poverty, expand healthcare coverage, protect the environment, balance the budget, and stand up for working and middle class Americans then I'm your gal…”

*A photo of Ferraro with Dukakis from the 1984 campaign is shown*

Narrator: “While Gov. Dukakis has exited the race for president, his campaign lives on through Gerry Ferraro as she fights for working and middle class families and fights to protect the American Dream.”

*More clips from Ferraro’s speech in Des Moines are shown*

Ferraro: “I am the only candidate left in this race who you know is committed to fighting for fair trade deals that will protect our workers and protect our businesses…. who has committed to raising the minimum wage and indexing it to inflation…. that has called for paid family leave and paid sick leave.”

*Clips of Ferraro meeting with factory workers and standing with union members are shown*

Narrator: “Gerry stands with America’s workers, she stands with American businesses, and you can guarantee that she will be working every day as president to ensure better wages, better conditions, and fair competition.”

*More clips of Ferraro from her speech in Des Moines*

Ferraro: “…we need to fight for universal health insurance to make sure that those who earn too much to qualify for Medicaid but too little to be able to afford private health insurance have access to quality healthcare…

Healthcare should be affordable for everybody. That's why I'm proud to announce my support for a Children's Health Insurance Program to supplement my plan for universal health insurance, so that we can make sure that… our children can get the access to the healthcare they deserve.”

*Photos of Ferraro with uninsured Americans (including the Thompsons and Clarks from a previous Ferraro ad) and sick children in hospitals is shown*

Narrator: “Gerry is committed to reforming America’s broken healthcare system to make it affordable for everyone, to ensure that poor children will be able to go to the hospital when they need care, and to make sure that those with pre-existing conditions will no longer be discriminated against by health insurance companies. It’s time for a healthcare system that works for all Americans, a healthcare system with lower premiums and a guarantee of access to essential health benefits.”

*A series of photos of Ferraro on the campaign trail appears*

Narrator: “Gerry Ferraro understands the concerns of many Americans, she understands the need to fight for the American Dream, to fight for a future to believe in. She has put forward policies that will do just that, that will help American workers and protect families. This is the spirit of Gov. Dukakis’ campaign and this is the spirit that Gerry Ferraro will continue every day on the campaign trail and every day as president.

No matter who backs who in this race, in your heart you know she is on your side.”

*A picture of Ferraro smiling as she meets voters appears*

Narrator: “Paid for by Ferraro for America.”

8 minutes ago, Somberg said:

Ferraro in Derry, New Hampshire; Talks About Healthcare

I thought you meant this town at first :P

I'm still on team Ferraro, but I'll support the Democratic nominee, methinks.

23 hours ago, Somberg said:

OOC: Other than Kennedy endorsing Gore I'm curious to know why you think he has a better shot at winning over Dukakis/Kennedy supporters as that statement comes off as a bit strange to me considering where both Ferraro and Gore stand.

The Kennedy endorsement and the healthcare plan are the two major factors. I'm not dismissing your campaign at all, it's just that Gore has more to campaign on and the endorsement of Kennedy is VERY powerful. 

Ted Kennedy campaigns in Concord, New Hampshire for Al Gore

"I am proud to be a part of the Democratic Party, we have two extremely strong candidates. I think we as Democrats have revaluated ourselves and are ready to take on an obviously divided Republican Party. Al Gore has promised since the beginning to have a progressive Vice President. I can think of no better way to create a broad coalition. "

7 minutes ago, CalebsParadox said:

The Kennedy endorsement and the healthcare plan are the two major factors. I'm not dismissing your campaign at all, it's just that Gore has more to campaign on and the endorsement of Kennedy is VERY powerful. 

OOC: We need more news stories and race analysis from you!:P

1 minute ago, CalebsParadox said:

OOC: Ferraro's healthcare plan is better, though....

Ferraro Makes an Announcement Concerning Potential Running Mates

"I believe in the need to great a broad coalition that will unite all wings of the Democratic Party, that will allow us to reach out to independents and those Democrats who have left our party. It is time for us to take back the White House and work to implement an agenda that will help all Americans, that will show that we are the party that stands with working and middle class voters. In this spirit, I'm proud to announce that I intend to pick a moderate Democrat as my running mate should I win the nomination because I am committed to bringing our party together, to bringing America together, and to fighting to keep the American Dream alive."