270soft Forum

Updated 1916, 1920, 1924, 1928, and 1932 US Elections are now up!!!

The Historical Scenario Commission has now updated the 1916, 1920, 1924, 1928, and 1932 elections. In total, 1788-1932 have now been updated. I will definitely update elections through 1964, and will help anyone willing to make elections after 1964, so that we can have a complete history of our presidential elections available with as much accuracy as possible. 

*Note: I will be doing one more update around December-January before the scenarios are "final"

41 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

@vcczar I have a question that @jnewt needs to know for his scenario.

Since Sal Albanese gained the reform party line he's running in the election as a reform candidate and not as a Democrat since he lost the primary. Is there anyway to make a conditional candidacy in the game.

No, sadly. I wish there was a trigger that could make a 3rd party run available if certain conditions are met, but there isn't. It could be done, I think, since a candidate can be made "undecided." I think if @admin_270 made another tag that was similar, which prevent any sort of fundraising, campaigning, etc---basically froze the potential 3rd party--until conditions were met, then it might be workable. I'd like such a condition on several of the historical scenarios--especially 1912, since TR doesn't run 3rd party until after the Republican convention. 

Idea for how this would work

The third party candidate would remain undecided until certain user specified conditions which the game can easily check are met like "person x is the nominee" depending on those conditions the decisions of said third party can be made (like if to run or not)

4 hours ago, vcczar said:

No, sadly. I wish there was a trigger that could make a 3rd party run available if certain conditions are met, but there isn't. It could be done, I think, since a candidate can be made "undecided." I think if @admin_270 made another tag that was similar, which prevent any sort of fundraising, campaigning, etc---basically froze the potential 3rd party--until conditions were met, then it might be workable. I'd like such a condition on several of the historical scenarios--especially 1912, since TR doesn't run 3rd party until after the Republican convention. 

@admin_270 has a whole CRAP TONNE of ideas for his games given by various posters here that would IMMENSELY improve them and make whole electoral scenarios far more realistic, or even possible (such as, the vast majority of national legislative/parliamentary elections conducted in the world today with full integrity to anywhere near their proper functioning) that just seem to be piling up on his desk, metaphorically, with no estimated time of completion or even a committed statement about addressing. It's getting quite frustrating, to be honest.

37 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Well this one shouldn't be difficult to add especially relative to the one he's working on now.

And you'd think MMP wouldn't be either, considering his old engine K4E engine was just essentially PM4E with an MMP tack-on, but he refuses to give a straight or dedicated answer on that one, either.

3 minutes ago, Patine said:

And you'd think MMP wouldn't be either, considering his old engine K4E engine was just essentially PM4E with an MMP tack-on, but he refuses to give a straight or dedicated answer on that one, either.

MMP would requiring a lot of re-vamping as to how a lot of things work in the current engine my suggested modifications shouldn't

2 hours ago, victorraiders said:

Can you just tell me. I'd rather not download and install an entire file and then try to find the problem myself, since you are the on that knows what the problem is. Additionally, I already have the 1908 file. I am yet to see the problem.