270soft Forum

Kenyan election

3 minutes ago, Patine said:

Swahili yako ni nzuri sana? Ni ujuzi gani au ufahamu unao kuhusu siasa za Kenya?

:P

I know you used Google Translate for that.

I noticed Google Translate is completely incapable of using an accusative tense in any language.

Just now, NYrepublican said:

I noticed Google Translate is completely incapable of using an accusative tense in any language.

google translate It's like one guy a recent graduate wanting to teach others on the street.

17 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

I couldn't help myself. The thing is, I do feel that, with my knowledge of East African politics, which I have a very great deal of due to my friend who immigrated from there and liked to talk politics, I probably know and understand far more about that region's political landscape than any other current poster. But it feels (I could be wrong) that you want to avoid my contribution in favour of others except as a last resort. I feel the "language" issue was just a bullshit excuse - I'd like to know the real reason, or have definite confirmation my suspicion is wrong, and then to proceed like I'm not being specifically and arbitrarily excluded from contribution on this project.

Just now, Patine said:

I couldn't help myself. The thing is, I do feel that, with my knowledge of East African politics, which I have a very great deal of due to my friend who immigrated from there and liked to talk politics, I probably know and understand far more about that region's political landscape than any other current poster. But it feels (I could be wrong) that you want to avoid my contribution in favour of others except as a last resort. I feel the "language" issue was just a bullshit excuse - I'd like to know the real reason, or have definite confirmation my suspicion is wrong, and then to proceed like I'm not being specifically and arbitrarily excluded from contribution on this project.

IT WAS JUST WHO CAME TO MIND WHEN I THOUGHT OF PEOPLE ACTIVELY MAKING GLOBAL SCENARIOS OK?

3 minutes ago, Patine said:

THE ONLY REASON YOU WEREN'T INCLUDED IN THE LIST WAS THAT I WAS RESPONDING TO YOU SO I THOUGHT IT WAS OBVIOUS THAT YOU'D BE INCLUDED IN THE LIST.

11 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

IT WAS JUST WHO CAME TO MIND WHEN I THOUGHT OF PEOPLE ACTIVELY MAKING GLOBAL SCENARIOS OK?

8 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

THE ONLY REASON YOU WEREN'T INCLUDED IN THE LIST WAS THAT I WAS RESPONDING TO YOU SO I THOUGHT IT WAS OBVIOUS THAT YOU'D BE INCLUDED IN THE LIST.

Please be more clear in the future. I can be a bit pedantic at times, but it only developed because some people I deal with (and have dealt with) in RL I must be sure EXACTLY what they're saying and what I'm saying to them, but I won't go into detail on that.

im actually more interested in foreign elections then abroad, can you shoot me the map? 

perhaps @Patine could help me with it? 

2 minutes ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

im actually more interested in foreign elections then abroad, can you shoot me the map? 

perhaps @Patine could help me with it? 

I could. As I said, I have a friend whose an immigrant from East Africa and likes to chat politics. With his help I did my Uganda 2011 Presidential Election in the day, though Rwandan scenarios are very dull indeed (either only one party's actually even legal (first the Parmehutou, and, after the coup in the late 1970's, the MDR) and allowed to run, as it was between 1962 and 1994, or one party (the RPF) routinely wins by margins of 90% or of the popular and all opponents are either highly disadvantaged or seem not to be true opposition parties, as they have no real disagreement with the RPF and serve in parliamentary coalitions with them). Tanzania 2015 could also be interesting, as the ruling CCM, which has solidly governed the country since 1962, came very close to losing for the first time in it's history.

Just now, Patine said:

I could. As I said, I have a friend whose an immigrant from East Africa and likes to chat politics. With his help I did my Uganda 2011 Presidential Election in the day, though Rwandan scenarios are very dull indeed (either only one party's actually even legal (first the Parmehutou, and, after the coup in the late 1970's, the MDR) and allowed to run, as it was between 1962 and 1994, or one party (the RPF) routinely wins by margins of 90% or of the popular and all opponents are either highly disadvantaged or seem not to be true opposition parties, as they have no real disagreement with the RPF and serve in parliamentary coalitions with them). Tanzania 2015 could also be interesting, as the ruling CCM, which has solidly governed the country since 1962, came very close to losing for the first time in it's history.

Im currently editing my list for foreign elections i plan to do, ill add Tanzania, and am planning to add South Africa 1994(?)

1 minute ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

Im currently editing my list for foreign elections i plan to do, ill add Tanzania, and am planning to add South Africa 1994(?)

I had made a start on South Africa 2014. A lot of the same resources (especially the map and several party logos, and most flags, and such) could be used in both.

Archived