270soft Forum

Kenyan election

3 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenyan_general_election,_2017

If anyone wants to make a scenario for this I have a map.

Is it divided into Provinces or Counties (I'm somewhat familiar with Kenyan, and certainly other East African (I did the Uganda 2011 Presidential scenario a while back) politics, history, and government).

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

Is it divided into Provinces or Counties (I'm somewhat familiar with Kenyan, and certainly other East African (I did the Uganda 2011 Presidential scenario a while back) politics, history, and government).

It's divided by province.

26 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

I'm curious if @victorraiders @PoliticalStudent or @lizarraba might be interested in taking this up. I may be able to help with resources and such.

I have a good friend whose from East Africa, and lived there over 30 years before immigrating to Canada. I wonder if any of them have such an advantage.

10 minutes ago, Patine said:

I have a good friend whose from East Africa, and lived there over 30 years before immigrating to Canada. I wonder if any of them have such an advantage.

The poeple I tagged are just the people who commonly make the global scenarios. Generally due to their multi-lingualism.(Lizarraba - Spanish, Victorraiders - Brazilian portugese, I believe political student knows at least one,German-Conservativelector2)

9 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

The poeple I tagged are just the people who commonly make the global scenarios. Generally due to their multi-lingualism.(Lizarraba - Spanish, Victorraiders - Brazilian portugese, I believe political student knows at least one,German-Conservativelector2)

So, being fluent in a language other than English, but all other things aside, completely trumps my own lifetime of avid amateur historical, political, and cultural studies from across the globe and history, just because I'm only fluent in English? Is that what you're saying?

3 minutes ago, Patine said:

So, being fluent in a language other than English, but all other things aside, completely trumps my own lifetime of avid amateur historical, political, and cultural studies from across the globe and history, just because I'm only fluent in English? Is that what you're saying?

I was saying that most world-wide scenario creators at least that I know of are multi-lingual

Just now, NYrepublican said:

I was saying that most world-wide scenario creators at least that I know of are multi-lingual

Well, I've been making a fair number of world-wide scenarios since I signed into these forums for the first time in 2007, and I'm not completely fluent in any language but English (though I know a large smattering of foreign words).

1 minute ago, Patine said:

Well, I've been making a fair number of world-wide scenarios since I signed into these forums for the first time in 2007, and I'm not completely fluent in any language but English (though I know a large smattering of foreign words).

I was simply stating what I know to be a fact sorry if it didn't come out the way I intended.

I was simply stating what I know to be a fact sorry if it didn't come out the way I intended.

@gopprogressive @Treasurer @POLLWONK, @RI Democrat @DisplayName, and @EGaffney, at the very least, were also posters on this forum several years ago that I have no evidence that they were fluent in any language but English who also made quite a few international scenarios.

32 minutes ago, Patine said:

@gopprogressive @Treasurer @POLLWONK, @RI Democrat @DisplayName, and @EGaffney, at the very least, were also posters on this forum several years ago that I have no evidence that they were fluent in any language but English who also made quite a few international scenarios.

I'm talking now. not in the last decade.

37 minutes ago, Patine said:

Also having some fluency in the language of the country which scenario's you're doing helps in resource finding.

2 hours ago, NYrepublican said:

I'm curious if @victorraiders @PoliticalStudent or @lizarraba might be interested in taking this up. I may be able to help with resources and such.

25 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Also having some fluency in the language of the country which scenario's you're doing helps in resource finding.

Which of these three posters do you have reason to believe are fluent in Swahili?

12 hours ago, NYrepublican said:

I was trying to make a point about multi-lingualism.

No, your point has completely off track into nonsense, once again. There is no meaningful, defensible point, despite your insistence to keep trying to defend it. And, as an avid armchair historian whose devoted most of my life to studying world history, politics, sociology, religions, and other humanities as a powerful hobby, but who may have never happened to have gained full fluency in another language entirely, I take great offence with what you're insinuating in this conservation. I would have thought that simply asking which of the three posters you'd listed spoke Swahili would have brought that into perspective, but you continued your doomed defense, saying multilingualism, in and of itself, even if only a single other language, makes one FAR more well-suited to creating international scenarios because of a supposed bonus in researching, by seeming implication, in ALL languages.

7 minutes ago, Patine said:

No, your point has completely off track into nonsense, once again. There is no meaningful, defensible point, despite your insistence to keep trying to defend it. And, as an avid armchair historian whose devoted most of my life to studying world history, politics, sociology, religions, and other humanities as a powerful hobby, but who may have never happened to have gained full fluency in another language entirely, I take great offence with what you're insinuating in this conservation. I would have thought that simply asking which of the three posters you'd listed spoke Swahili would have brought that into perspective, but you continued your doomed defense, saying multilingualism, in and of itself, even if only a single other language, makes one FAR more well-suited to creating international scenarios because of a supposed bonus in researching, by seeming implication, in ALL languages.

Can we please just forget about this. It's going nowhere.

Can we please just forget about this. It's going nowhere.

I was willing to several times, but you kept trying to defend it. I'm willing to now, but please don't insult my life's most  fervid hobby which I've pursued longer than most posters on this forum have been alive so casually again. There's not many other areas in life you'd logically have enough personal information on me to slight me as much on.

Just now, Patine said:

I was willing to several times, but you kept trying to defend it. I'm willing to now, but please don't insult my life's most  fervid hobby which I've pursued longer than most posters on this forum have been alive so casually again. There's not many other areas in life you'd logically have enough personal information on me to slight me as much on.

Sorry if that post came off as demeaning.

1 minute ago, NYrepublican said:

@Patine I am still curious as those are more inclined to do global election than others (with some exceptions)

I have a great interest in doing quite a few global scenarios. I could put this one on my queue, and take it up if no one else first (which was, effectively, my original offer).

Archived