Jump to content
270soft Forum

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Nulla Lex Ink. said:

Are you planning on adding Dick Cheney to 2008? I've always been curious what a primary election between him and Condoleezza Rice would look like.

I think both of them are what-ifs in that scenario. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

@vcczar When will '92 and '96 be released?

I will upload 1992-2016, all at the same time. It will be very soon if I can get @thr33 to get me the endorsers very quickly. I have all day tomorrow off. I could feasibly have them all done in a week or two. Then I'll work on 2020. In January, I'll start the "Final" updates, which will probably take all of 2018 to finish. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, vcczar said:

I think both of them are what-ifs in that scenario. 

I know that Condoleezza Rice is in the base game, but I don't think Dick Cheney is. I made my own version of him but I didn't do such a great job. Still trying to learn all this stuff.

Anyways, keep up the good work! Really enjoying and appreciating all the work everyone has been putting into this :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Nulla Lex Ink. said:

I know that Condoleezza Rice is in the base game, but I don't think Dick Cheney is. I made my own version of him but I didn't do such a great job. Still trying to learn all this stuff.

Anyways, keep up the good work! Really enjoying and appreciating all the work everyone has been putting into this :)

I know I've added Cheney. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Update: The 2000 election scenario is finished for this update, except for an endorsement check, and a primary dates check. My goal is to have every scenario through 2016 updated by the end of the day, excluding 1992 and 1996, which are receiving an endorsement check. 1992 is about done for the update, but 1996 needs more work. Maybe by the end of Sunday, I'll be able to release 1992-2016.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm doing an observer run of 1824 with the Massachusetts Electors. There are some issues causing the game to crash when starting at the Oct. 1, 1823 start:

November 10: The Crawford stroke event gives the leadership position "left" +1 momentum. The Leadership issue is on a level of very weak to very strong, so "left" is not a valid value. I put it on "very strong +1 momentum" as a placeholder.

January 22: The Monroe and Wirt conventions take place before any primaries occur, so there are no delegates allocated. When the game tries to figure out what candidate to send Monroe's one automatic delegate to, the game crashes. I set these two conventions to occur a month later so as to actually have most of the delegates allocated.

February 1: Upon the first primary, the game crashes with this error. I have no idea what could be causing this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Caprice said:

I'm doing an observer run of 1824 with the Massachusetts Electors. There are some issues causing the game to crash when starting at the Oct. 1, 1823 start:

November 10: The Crawford stroke event gives the leadership position "left" +1 momentum. The Leadership issue is on a level of very weak to very strong, so "left" is not a valid value. I put it on "very strong +1 momentum" as a placeholder.

January 22: The Monroe and Wirt conventions take place before any primaries occur, so there are no delegates allocated. When the game tries to figure out what candidate to send Monroe's one automatic delegate to, the game crashes. I set these two conventions to occur a month later so as to actually have most of the delegates allocated.

February 1: Upon the first primary, the game crashes with this error. I have no idea what could be causing this.

@jvikings1 can fix this, as he was the primary creator of that election. Thanks for reporting this. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Update: Just added a ton of new events for 2012. For whatever reason, the original creator had events from October through December 2011 (Even though the campaign doesn't start until Dec 7--I moved this back to October to allow Herman Cain), and then there were no events until September 2012. I now have events all the way through. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Update: I added only a few more events to 2016, since this timeline is well-covered. 

There should only be some light tune-ups left for 1992-2016 (excluding 1996, which needs more work), and so I can release all of these a few days after @thr33 updates the endorsers. This will allow me December to both update 2020, and take a break before the "final" updates, which will take all of 2018, most likely to accomplish (approx. an election a week)

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Caprice said:

February 1: Upon the first primary, the game crashes with this error. I have no idea what could be causing this.

I have seemingly fixed this error by removing all the delegates from GA, SC, LA, and DE (states with voting populations of <50 due to legislative vote).

 

EDIT: Never mind. The error was the same error as for the Crawford stroke event.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, michaelsdiamonds said:

Is 1988 released anywhere? I couldn't find the download on the forums or the site.
 

I've also found that there are no debates scheduled for 84, though I appreciate the updated endorsers!

Are you looking at the PI 1984 version? And is it the one posted by me? I can't imagine forgetting to include the debates, but it is possible. 1988 is up, but as the primary creator was not me, it is posted under someone else's name. It should mention that it was updated by the Historical Scenario Commission somewhere on it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Are you looking at the PI 1984 version? And is it the one posted by me? I can't imagine forgetting to include the debates, but it is possible. 1988 is up, but as the primary creator was not me, it is posted under someone else's name. It should mention that it was updated by the Historical Scenario Commission somewhere on it. 

It was the most recent version posted on the scenarios page on the site. There aren’t any debates, VP or presidential.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, michaelsdiamonds said:

It was the most recent version posted on the scenarios page on the site. There aren’t any debates, VP or presidential.

Ok, checking my version now.....

The date is set as 1980 on two of the debates. The rest aren't there yet. I know the Republicans didn't have any primary debates. I'll add debates during the "final" update, when I got line-by-line in the editor for every scenario and double-check everything and add anything that's missing or inaccurate. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vcczar said:

Ok, checking my version now.....

The date is set as 1980 on two of the debates. The rest aren't there yet. I know the Republicans didn't have any primary debates. I'll add debates during the "final" update, when I got line-by-line in the editor for every scenario and double-check everything and add anything that's missing or inaccurate. 

That would explain it!

I found 88 and downloaded it. It was uploaded under President Forever 08. The issue of AIDS contains the position descriptions for either gov spending/budget deficit. Hopefully I'm not too nit picky, just reporting back anything I see!

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, michaelsdiamonds said:

That would explain it!

I found 88 and downloaded it. It was uploaded under President Forever 08. The issue of AIDS contains the position descriptions for either gov spending/budget deficit. Hopefully I'm not too nit picky, just reporting back anything I see!

It shouldn't be under PF08. @TheLiberalKitten is the primary author of 1988, so she/he (not sure of the author's gender, sorry) could repost the scenario under the proper President Infinity 1988 tab. I think all one has to do is edit the post, and change the tags. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, vcczar said:

It shouldn't be under PF08. @TheLiberalKitten is the primary author of 1988, so she/he (not sure of the author's gender, sorry) could repost the scenario under the proper President Infinity 1988 tab. I think all one has to do is edit the post, and change the tags. 

I'll edit as soon as possible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 9:31 AM, Caprice said:

I'm doing an observer run of 1824 with the Massachusetts Electors. There are some issues causing the game to crash when starting at the Oct. 1, 1823 start:

November 10: The Crawford stroke event gives the leadership position "left" +1 momentum. The Leadership issue is on a level of very weak to very strong, so "left" is not a valid value. I put it on "very strong +1 momentum" as a placeholder.

January 22: The Monroe and Wirt conventions take place before any primaries occur, so there are no delegates allocated. When the game tries to figure out what candidate to send Monroe's one automatic delegate to, the game crashes. I set these two conventions to occur a month later so as to actually have most of the delegates allocated.

February 1: Upon the first primary, the game crashes with this error. I have no idea what could be causing this.

I'll look into it.  I have an idea of what the issue would be since I have had some issues in the past with events.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, jvikings1 said:

I'll look into it.  I have an idea of what the issue would be since I have had some issues in the past with events.

There are multiple events (February 1, both February 22 events and an event in early March) that call up the same error as the Crawford stroke event.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/16/2017 at 3:56 PM, vcczar said:

Just space-barred through the 2000 election:

Gore 44.2% 304 EVs

Bush 42.8% 234 EVs

Trump 6.4% (Reform Party)

Hogan 2.9% (Not sure if the Hulkster ever came up with a name for his party)

Nader 2.5%

you add ventura as a vp and as a possible candidite ross perot john anderson and ron paul should also be added as both vps and candidates as well as John Hagelin

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...