• Gov. Baker
    • Gov. Christie
    • Gov. Martinez
    • Gov. Bullock
    • Mayor de Blasio
    • None of the above
  3. 3. Which of the following politicians do you view favorably? PART 2

6 minutes ago, michaelsdiamonds said:

I'm usually super careful about these, but I forgot Baker. Not a bad governor at all. Also, which Gov. Brown? I assumed Massachusetts, but Oregon has a Governor Brown as well. It doesn't change my answer, but may change others' answers.

Gov. Brown of California. Forgot the Oregon Gov was also Brown

3 hours ago, NYrepublican said:

The only good thing De Blasio has done(at least that I can recall) was introducing UPK and having a decent school commissioner.

Amen to that.  If NYC re-elects this guy I question their sanity.

6 hours ago, servo75 said:

Amen to that.  If NYC re-elects this guy I question their sanity.

There's so many insane people in the city, There's a lot of them on the subway,if you go on the subway into Manhattan you're sure to meet some of them.(many of those people are on those trains probably to annoy a maximum amount of people.) You have the people doing their latest dance routine,singing loudly with a stereo turned up to 100, (Generally self appointed) religious preachers and so on.

2 hours ago, NYrepublican said:

There's so many insane people in the city, There's a lot of them on the subway,if you go on the subway into Manhattan you're sure to meet some of them.(many of those people are on those trains probably to annoy a maximum amount of people.) You have the people doing their latest dance routine,singing loudly with a stereo turned up to 100, (Generally self appointed) religious preachers and so on.

Yes I've seen that up close.  Maybe it explains DeBlasio's election :)

3 hours ago, NYrepublican said:

This makes it sound like you think these buskers represent the majority of the people in NYC. It also makes it seem like you don't get out much, and I hope this isn't the case. The majority of people in NYC are workers, most of them working over 40 hours a week and struggling to pay for their extremely expensive apartments. Another portion makes a lot of money, and works over 40 hours a week. Both groups generally vote Democrat. Republicans are mostly isolated to Staten Island (which is more NJ than NYC), Red Hook Brooklyn and other of the relatively less densely packed parts of NYC, which may actually require driving a car, since the subway isn't as accessible. Some of the gated communities might vote Republican, but a lot of these people are really just part time NYC residence, since they have other residences in Long Island, Florida, California, or the Berkshires.

21 minutes ago, vcczar said:

This makes it sound like you think these buskers represent the majority of the people in NYC. It also makes it seem like you don't get out much, and I hope this isn't the case. The majority of people in NYC are workers, most of them working over 40 hours a week and struggling to pay for their extremely expensive apartments. Another portion makes a lot of money, and works over 40 hours a week. Both groups generally vote Democrat. Republicans are mostly isolated to Staten Island (which is more NJ than NYC), Red Hook Brooklyn and other of the relatively less densely packed parts of NYC, which may actually require driving a car, since the subway isn't as accessible. Some of the gated communities might vote Republican, but a lot of these people are really just part time NYC residence, since they have other residences in Long Island, Florida, California, or the Berkshires.

The post you quoted was just me ranting about it while I was walking for 2 or so miles because I took the wrong bus in 90 degree weather with little water. sorry if it came across the wrong way. 

On 7/21/2017 at 9:32 AM, vcczar said:

I just know  I could not live in any of the 5 boroughs. I could barely take NJ.