270soft Forum

1828 Election Update (Historical Scenario Commission)

vcczar

I'll post the updates/improvements to the 1828 scenario here. 

The Historical Scenario Commission consists of @jvikings1 @CalebsParadox @Patine @Reagan04 @TheMiddlePolitical @SeanFKennedy @Conservative Elector 2 @Take Me to La Riva @vcczar @NYrepublican @MrPrez @msc123123, all of whom will help in improving historical presidential election at their leisure. We will go in chronological order. 

[Anyone wishing to join the HSC can do so by posting here, and can help by playing through the scenarios to find areas for improvement, providing advice for improvements, and for suggesting events, finding typos or other errors. Suggestions for historical newspapers (for interviews), events, surrogates, fixing inflationary index, etc. can also be helpful. ]

Updates will be edited in the list below as they are made. 

~~~~Updates to the scenario so far have been~~~~

• Issue images set by NYRepublican
  • Flags set by Patine
  • Issue description typos fixed by CalebsParadox
  • Endorsers slightly adjusted by VCCzar
  • Simulation party and candidate made by VCCzar
  • Delegates set by VCCzar
  • Relations set by VCCzar
  • Events added by VCCzar
  • Region issues set by VCCzar
  • Money coefficient set by Patine
  • Interviewers made by VCCzar
  • Playthrough by ConservativeElector2 & SeanFKennedy
  • Tammany Hall support set by CalebsParadox
  • Adjusted ballot access by VCCzar

I will be posting this one tonight. I hope someone can do a playthrough for me before tonight. 

I think this version of the update is done. I'm going to post it. I played through it and it worked fine. 

@SeanFKennedy

That's good to hear. Some people have said that it's too easy to spam ads and win by spamming these ads in some of the scenarios. I think 1924 is one of those scenarios

5 minutes ago, vcczar said:

@SeanFKennedy

That's good to hear. Some people have said that it's too easy to spam ads and win by spamming these ads in some of the scenarios. I think 1924 is one of those scenarios

1928 is also one, I beat Hoover as FDR. In 1928. Without changing any percentages (though I did edit a few candidate attributes, nothing major).

Also make sure you're checking to make sure EV numbers are correct. I know they're super off in 1904, and several of them (I forget which ones, though I think 1948 is one, will verify when I get to that point in my current play through) are off by 1 or 2.

Also make sure you completely remake the candidate percentages in the 1908 scenario, they seem to be copy-pasted from the 1912 scenario in an election where the actual result was nothing remotely like the outcome of 1912 (1904's result was much closer to 1908's than 1912 was, copy off '04 if you're going to do that)

17 minutes ago, President Garrett Walker said:

1928 is also one, I beat Hoover as FDR. In 1928. Without changing any percentages (though I did edit a few candidate attributes, nothing major).

Also make sure you're checking to make sure EV numbers are correct. I know they're super off in 1904, and several of them (I forget which ones, though I think 1948 is one, will verify when I get to that point in my current play through) are off by 1 or 2.

Also make sure you completely remake the candidate percentages in the 1908 scenario, they seem to be copy-pasted from the 1912 scenario in an election where the actual result was nothing remotely like the outcome of 1912 (1904's result was much closer to 1908's than 1912 was, copy off '04 if you're going to do that)

I think I based 1908 and some of these early 19th century scenarios not on the end result %, but based on the average of the election before and the final result, so as to make the scenario not begin with the historical end result. We don't have polling then to establish accurate numbers 12 months before the election. 

Archived