270soft Forum

army commanders

army commanders  

9 members have voted

1. 1. which army commander do you admire the most?

• Alexander the Great
    • Hannibal
    • Caesar
    • Charlemagne the Great
    • Gustav 2. Adolf
    • John Churchill Duke of Marlborough
    • Frederick the Great
    • Napoleon Bonaparte
    • Robert E. Lee
    • Helmuth von Moltke
    • Heinz Guderian
    • Dwight D. Eisenhower
    • Vo Ngyuen Giap
    • H. Norman Schwarzkopf

1 minute ago, NYrepublican said:

I see no poll

You and I both, we blocked Koneke.

Just as I thought. Only one of these is NOT European or of European decent, and the one who isn't is the general who created the tactics by which a Third World Nation defeated the United States, tactics emulated thereafter by other Third World to defeat European colonial powers, Cold War Soviet interventions, and post-Cold War "Coalition" Wars in the Middle East, as well as India's intervention in Sri Lanka.

10 minutes ago, Patine said:

Just as I thought. Only one of these is NOT European or of European decent, and the one who isn't is the general who created the tactics by which a Third World Nation defeated the United States, tactics emulated thereafter by other Third World to defeat European colonial powers, Cold War Soviet interventions, and post-Cold War "Coalition" Wars in the Middle East, as well as India's intervention in Sri Lanka.

It is not true that only one of these are not European or of European decent. Hannibal was North African and probably a semite.

13 minutes ago, Patine said:

Mao Zedong could be included though because he created the three phases model of guerilla warfare

You are leaving out one of the greatest general in, not only American but world, history: General George S. Patton.  He was so efficient with his strategy.  Maximum kills with minimal casualties.  It would have been an interesting battle if he would have gone up against Rommel (whom I admire for various reasons: he wasn't a Nazi; He disobeyed orders to execute POWs; He was a brilliant military mind (unfortunately he wad fighting on the wrong side; He know about the plot to kill Hitler and didn't tell anyone which eventually resulted in his forced suicide.)