Jump to content
270soft Forum

Ranking the 2020 Potential Candidates


Recommended Posts

Please rank the following 10 candidates in order of whom you are most likely to support with your preferred president at the top and your least desired president at the bottom. Please use only these 10. 

Sen. Al Franken of MN

Sen. Bernie Sanders of VT

Sen. Elizabeth Warren of MA

Fmr VP Joe Biden of DE

Sen. Cory Booker of NJ

Gov. Terry McAuliffe of VA

Gov. John Kasich of OH

Pres. Donald Trump of NY

Sen. Rand Paul of KY

Sen. Ted Cruz of TX

[The above list is my ranking, btw]

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pres. Donald Trump of NY (since he's the incumbent president)

Sen. Ted Cruz of TX

Sen. Rand Paul of KY

Gov. John Kasich of OH

Fmr VP Joe Biden of DE

Gov. Terry McAuliffe of VA

Sen. Al Franken of MN

Sen. Cory Booker of NJ

Sen. Bernie Sanders of VT

Sen. Elizabeth Warren of MA

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sen. Al Franken of MN

Fmr VP Joe Biden of DE

Sen. Elizabeth Warren of MA

Sen. Cory Booker of NJ

Gov. Terry McAuliffe of VA

Gov. John Kasich of OH

Sen. Bernie Sanders of VT

Sen. Rand Paul of KY

Pres. Donald Trump of NY

Sen. Ted Cruz of TX

(Trump and Cruz are virtually tied for last place, while Franken, Biden, and Warren are all basically tied for first)

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

The only ones I'd want would be Kasich and Biden and maybe Mcauliffe

You still have to rank the ten from order of preference, which means the lower ones would be ranked in order of least desirable. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Kasich

Biden

Cruz

Trump

Booker

McAuliffe

Franken

Paul

Warren

Sanders

@vcczar

This is an odd ranking, so I'm just wondering what your rationale is for having Cruz at #3 when you prefer Biden to him. I can see why you have Warren and Sanders at the bottom. I guess I have these questions:

1. Why do you value Cruz more than Trump?

2. Why do you value Biden over Cruz?

3. Why do you rate Paul so low?

4. Why is Kasich rated so high?

5. Why aren't Franken, Booker and McAuliffe rated as high as Biden, when they're actually quite similar to him ideologically. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, vcczar said:

This is an odd ranking, so I'm just wondering what your rationale is for having Cruz at #3 when you prefer Biden to him. I can see why you have Warren and Sanders at the bottom. I guess I have these questions:

1. Why do you value Cruz more than Trump?

2. Why do you value Biden over Cruz?

3. Why do you rate Paul so low?

4. Why is Kasich rated so high?

5. Why aren't Franken, Booker and McAuliffe rated as high as Biden, when they're actually quite similar to him ideologically. 

1.Cruz is much more capable than Trump.

2.Cruz is hated by everyone, no one has any issues with Biden and things would probably get done even with a republican senate if Biden was Prez.

3.He's ignorant of reality a lot like with the ACA replacement (He opposed it because he wanted to end all entitlements)

4.Kasich comes across as a guy with wide appeal.

5.Franken I feel is really overrated,the only reason Booker is lower than Trump is that Trump beats them all in comedic gold. I have issues with McAuliffe because of his campaign finance issues.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Sen. Al Franken of MN ( Although he said he's not going to run, http://www.startribune.com/minnesota-s-franken-won-t-run-for-president-in-2020/424089483/ )

2. Sen. Elizabeth Warren of MA

3. Sen. Bernie Sanders of VT

4. Fmr VP Joe Biden of DE

5. Sen. Cory Booker of NJ ( Same as Franken http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/21/politics/cory-booker-president-2020/index.html )

6. Gov. Terry McAuliffe of VA 

7. Gov. John Kasich of OH

8. Sen. Rand Paul of KY

9. Pres. Donald Trump of NY

10. Sen. Ted Cruz of TX

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

 

3.He's ignorant of reality a lot like with the ACA replacement (He opposed it because he wanted to end all entitlements)

 

He opposes the ACA Replacement because it doesn't actually repeal Obamacare.  It keeps most of the structure still intact (Obamacare-lite).  That's not what he promised to his constituents (me being one of them) when he ran for election and reelection.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Rand Paul of KY

Ted Cruz of TX

Donald Trump of NY

John Kasich of OH

Joe Biden of DE

Cory Booker of NJ

Al Franken of MN

Terry McAuliffe of VA

Elizabeth Warren (Pocahontas) of MA

Bernie Sanders of VT

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

He opposes the ACA Replacement because it doesn't actually repeal Obamacare.  It keeps most of the structure still intact (Obamacare-lite).  That's not what he promised to his constituents (me being one of them) when he ran for election and reelection.

His promises to his constituents, followed to the letter, would end up the most disastrous U.S. Presidency for over a century, if you followed all paths to their logical conclusions and connected all the dots.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Patine said:

His promises to his constituents, followed to the letter, would end up the most disastrous U.S. Presidency for over a century, if you followed all paths to their logical conclusions and connected all the dots.

It would result in a smaller government that spends as much as it brings in with a fair tax system with lower taxes and an increased number of freedom.  It'll also end the nation building policy that the US government has embraced for  while now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jvikings1 said:

It would result in a smaller government that spends as much as it brings in with a fair tax system with lower taxes and an increased number of freedom.  It'll also end the nation building policy that the US government has embraced for  while now.

Why are quoting Ron Paul's 2012 platform? I thought we were talking about Donald Trump. He was rabbiting on about very different things, if you actually listened.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Patine said:

Why are quoting Ron Paul's 2012 platform? I thought we were talking about Donald Trump. He was rabbiting on about very different things, if you actually listened.

No you were talking about Rand Paul, Ron and Rand are two different people.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

It would result in a smaller government that spends as much as it brings in with a fair tax system with lower taxes and an increased number of freedom.  It'll also end the nation building policy that the US government has embraced for  while now.

 

13 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

No you were talking about Rand Paul, Ron and Rand are two different people.

Oh, my mistake. For some reason, I had thought @jvikings1 was talking about Trump's promises, not Rand Paul's. Just a moment of confusion. I apologize to @jvikings1 there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  1. Sen. Bernie Sanders of VT
  2. Sen. Elizabeth Warren of MA
  3. Sen. Al Franken of MN
  4. Fmr VP Joe Biden of DE
  5. Gov. Terry McAuliffe of VA
  6. Sen. Cory Booker of NJ
  7. Gov. John Kasich of OH
  8. Sen. Rand Paul of KY
  9. Sen. Ted Cruz of TX
  10. Donald Trump of NY

The top spot was hard. As a Progressive, Bernie is my guy. But I think Warren might be a stronger candidate in 2020.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  1. Sen. Ted Cruz of TX
  2. Sen. Rand Paul of KY
  3. Pres. Donald Trump of NY
  4. Gov. John Kasich of OH
  5. Fmr VP Joe Biden of DE
  6. Gov. Terry McAuliffe of VA
  7. Sen. Cory Booker of NJ
  8. Sen. Al Franken of MN
  9. Sen. Elizabeth Warren of MA
  10. Sen. Bernie Sanders of VT

@vcczarI think our list is almost exactly the opposite.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, vcczar said:

Please rank the following 10 candidates in order of whom you are most likely to support with your preferred president at the top and your least desired president at the bottom. Please use only these 10. 

Sen. Al Franken of MN

Sen. Bernie Sanders of VT

Sen. Elizabeth Warren of MA

Fmr VP Joe Biden of DE

Sen. Cory Booker of NJ

Gov. Terry McAuliffe of VA

Gov. John Kasich of OH

Pres. Donald Trump of NY

Sen. Rand Paul of KY

Sen. Ted Cruz of TX

[The above list is my ranking, btw]

Booker

Biden

Trump

McAuliffe

 Sanders 

Paul

 Kasich

Franken

Cruz

Warren

 

@vcczar

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

Booker

Biden

Trump

McAuliffe

 Sanders 

Paul

 

I   Wouldn't support any other of these candidates 

You're still supposed to rank all 10 of them. Obviously, no one is going to support all of these.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If i was American, outside of Sanders i dont agree with many of the candidates, although l ike John Kaisch as a person.

Sen. Bernie Sanders of VT

Fmr VP Joe Biden of DE

Sen. Elizabeth Warren of MA

Gov. John Kasich of OH

Gov. Terry McAuliffe of VA

Sen. Al Franken of MN

Sen. Cory Booker of NJ

Pres. Donald Trump of NY

Sen. Rand Paul of KY

Sen. Ted Cruz of TX

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, vcczar said:

You're still supposed to rank all 10 of them. Obviously, no one is going to support all of these.

Edited

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...