270soft Forum

1824 Election update (Historical Scenario Commission)

vcczar

I'll post the updates/improvements to the 1824 scenario here. 

The Historical Scenario Commission consists of @jvikings1 @CalebsParadox @Patine @Reagan04 @TheMiddlePolitical @SeanFKennedy @Conservative Elector 2 @Take Me to La Riva @vcczar @NYrepublican @MrPrez @msc123123, all of whom will help in improving historical presidential election at their leisure. We will go in chronological order. 

[Anyone wishing to join the HSC can do so by posting here, and can help by playing through the scenarios to find areas for improvement, providing advice for improvements, and for suggesting events, finding typos or other errors. Suggestions for historical newspapers (for interviews), events, surrogates, fixing inflationary index, etc. can also be helpful. ]

Updates will be edited in the list below as they are made. 

~~~~Updates to the scenario so far have been~~~~

• Issue images added by NYRepublican
  • Events added by VCCzar
  • Money coefficient set by Patine
  • Edits to candidate traits by JViking1
  • New start dates by JViking1
  • Edit to election blurb by JViking1
  •  

I've decided to update multiple scenarios at once, since I'm personally ahead of schedule. This scenario is created primarily by @jvikings1, unlike most of the others, which were created primarily by me. If JViking can post the updates he makes on this thread, I'll add what has been done on the original post above. 

5 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

@vcczar make sure you send @jvikings1 the zip file with the icons.I forgot what the exact issues were.

He might already have his own icons. If he doesn't, he can let me know, and I'll send those you sent me. 

2 hours ago, NYrepublican said:

@vcczar make sure you send @jvikings1 the zip file with the icons.I forgot what the exact issues were.

2 hours ago, vcczar said:

He might already have his own icons. If he doesn't, he can let me know, and I'll send those you sent me. 

I don't have any custom icons (I just used the normal ones), so I would appreciate help with those.

24 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

I don't have any custom icons (I just used the normal ones), so I would appreciate help with those.

Ok, I'll send you those. We should credit NYRepublican in the original post when you put them in. 

12 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

@Patine, I have the economic number set to 4.  Is that fine or should it be adjusted?

I had personally suggested to @vcczar3 until the 1840 election (the first after the Panic of 1837).

Also, I'll have the newly cropped New Jersey flag to you two shortly.

6 minutes ago, Patine said:

I had personally suggested to @vcczar3 until the 1840 election (the first after the Panic of 1837).

Also, I'll have the newly cropped New Jersey flag to you two shortly.

Alright, thanks

@jvikings1 Just curious when you plan on releasing the update? I'll probably have 1828 ready for tomorrow, but I can hold until you are done, and then just release a bunch of updated scenarios simultaneously. 

@vcczar I was hoping to get a couple play throughs to check for typos and such before I release, but I could release tomorrow and have people test that version.

13 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

@vcczar I was hoping to get a couple play throughs to check for typos and such before I release, but I could release tomorrow and have people test that version.

If you send me a zip of your updated file, then I can try it out. 

2 hours ago, vcczar said:

If you send me a zip of your updated file, then I can try it out. 

I have uploaded the updated scenario.  I would prefer if there were some still some play throughs.

@jvikings1

I don't think you have the link to upload the updated version, as I don't see the new issue images, and didn't notice the new events. 

Also, not required, but you might want to add a "Simulation Party," as I have done, so people can watch the elections. Basically, I make sure that the Sim party is only on 1 ballot, and at 0% nationwide in support. The candidate is named "Mr. God Watcher" (you can pick a different name if you want), and I set all his traits to 1, and his campaign strength to 1. His VP is named "- -" and I make sure he has 0 bonuses in any state. However, on your scenario, someone could just be the unpledged delegates. 

34 minutes ago, vcczar said:

@jvikings1

I don't think you have the link to upload the updated version, as I don't see the new issue images, and didn't notice the new events. 

Also, not required, but you might want to add a "Simulation Party," as I have done, so people can watch the elections. Basically, I make sure that the Sim party is only on 1 ballot, and at 0% nationwide in support. The candidate is named "Mr. God Watcher" (you can pick a different name if you want), and I set all his traits to 1, and his campaign strength to 1. His VP is named "- -" and I make sure he has 0 bonuses in any state. However, on your scenario, someone could just be the unpledged delegates. 

I must have forgotten to add it once I uploaded it.  I'll go do that right now.

15 hours ago, jvikings1 said:

I must have forgotten to add it once I uploaded it.  I'll go do that right now.

ok I'll make the announecment

Archived