Jump to content
270soft Forum

Drinking water and fluoride


Guest

Should drinking water be fluoridized?  

19 members have voted

  1. 1. Should drinking water be fluoridized?

    • Yes
      13
    • No
      6


Recommended Posts

Dr E.H. Bronner, Einstein’s nephew and a chemist, wrote:

“Even in small quantities, sodium fluoride is a deadly poison to which no effective antidote has been found. Every exterminator knows that it is the most effective rat-killers… colorless,odourless,stainless, no antidote, no remedy, no hope. Instant and complete extermination….the body refuses to assimilate it…Fluoridation of water systems can be slow national suicide, or quick national liquidation.”

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NYrepublican said:

Well, considering with the repeal of the Water Safety Act by the Great and Righteous Trump whom half this forum sings the praises of and believes he WILL make America "great" again and work wonders and ALL criticism of him is undue abuse and disrespect, a third of American drinking water (you won't know which third legally or have any recourse to do anything about, BTW) will quickly become potentially poisonous with much more than just trace amounts of fluoride. To, all the Trump supporters, give a toast to your great and legitimate wonder-worker President, and then bottoms on your possibly poisonous drinking water (Russian roulette, a game from his best buddy's home country).

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NYrepublican said:

Dr E.H. Bronner, Einstein’s nephew and a chemist, wrote:

“Even in small quantities, sodium fluoride is a deadly poison to which no effective antidote has been found. Every exterminator knows that it is the most effective rat-killers… colorless,odourless,stainless, no antidote, no remedy, no hope. Instant and complete extermination….the body refuses to assimilate it…Fluoridation of water systems can be slow national suicide, or quick national liquidation.”

Sodium Fluoride is a chemical compound, which, while Fluoride is present in, is not pure Fluoride. This is a bad argument because the two are not the same, not even close.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Patine said:

Well, considering with the repeal of the Water Safety Act by the Great and Righteous Trump whom half this forum sings the praises of and believes he WILL make America "great" again and work wonders and ALL criticism of him is undue abuse and disrespect, a third of American drinking water (you won't know which third legally or have any recourse to do anything about, BTW) will quickly become potentially poisonous with much more than just trace amounts of fluoride. To, all the Trump supporters, give a toast to your great and legitimate wonder-worker President, and then bottoms on your possibly poisonous drinking water (Russian roulette, a game from his best buddy's home country).

That's why I don't use faucet water for drinking, my pre-WW2 pipes never were good at filtering.

Trace amounts of fluoride are enough to kill. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NYrepublican said:

Nice to see @LokiLoki22

Believe it or not, I didn't die. Just as ready to argue for the sport of it as ever.

1 minute ago, NYrepublican said:

That's why I don't use faucet water for drinking, my pre-WW2 pipes never were good at filtering.

Trace amounts of fluoride are enough to kill. 

If you have evidence for this please come forward, as Toothpaste uses it extensively, and About a third of the nation (Including my little burg in OH) use it. I can't say that I have seen any health effects between Me (Healthy my whole life, no serious issues, raised on Fluoride treated water) and my Father (Cleveland boy, raised on Pure Cleveland water... in the '70s, had some health issues, but nothing big.). Simply put. While Fluoride can be deadly if combined with the right things, it has been in toothpaste for years, and is a simple public health issue. There has been little evidence to indicate any health issues with it. I say let municipalities and States pick.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LokiLoki22 said:

If you have evidence for this please come forward, as Toothpaste uses it extensively, and About a third of the nation (Including my little burg in OH) use it. I can't say that I have seen any health effects between Me (Healthy my whole life, no serious issues, raised on Fluoride treated water) and my Father (Cleveland boy, raised on Pure Cleveland water... in the '70s, had some health issues, but nothing big.). Simply put. While Fluoride can be deadly if combined with the right things, it has been in toothpaste for years, and is a simple public health issue. There has been little evidence to indicate any health issues with it. I say let municipalities and States pick.

That was before I saw your comment I don't have time tonight to find my resources because it's past midnight here. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NYrepublican said:

That was before I saw your comment I don't have time tonight to find my resources because it's past midnight here. 

Same here, but I'm staying up to do laundry. Goodnight.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LokiLoki22 said:

Believe it or not, I didn't die. Just as ready to argue for the sport of it as ever.

If you have evidence for this please come forward, as Toothpaste uses it extensively, and About a third of the nation (Including my little burg in OH) use it. I can't say that I have seen any health effects between Me (Healthy my whole life, no serious issues, raised on Fluoride treated water) and my Father (Cleveland boy, raised on Pure Cleveland water... in the '70s, had some health issues, but nothing big.). Simply put. While Fluoride can be deadly if combined with the right things, it has been in toothpaste for years, and is a simple public health issue. There has been little evidence to indicate any health issues with it. I say let municipalities and States pick.

Yes, @NYrepublican you weren't paying attention in chemistry class, were (I got a burnt out old hippy for a chemistry teacher in at least one year of high school, though).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's an excerpt from the EPA headquarters of the Union of Scientists announcement in opposition to it

"Since then our opposition to drinking water fluoridation has grown, based on the scientific literature documenting the increasingly out-of-control exposures to fluoride, the lack of benefit to dental health from ingestion of fluoride and the hazards to human health from such ingestion. These hazards include acute toxic hazard, such as to people with impaired kidney function, as well as chronic toxic hazards of gene mutations, cancer, reproductive effects, neurotoxicity, bone pathology and dental fluorosis." 1. @LokiLoki22

1.http://www.fluoridation.com/epa2.htm

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Absolutely not.

Well, don't worry, now that Trump has deregulated American water safety standards, there'll likely quickly be a lot more nasty stuff in your drinking water to kill you anyway - but hey, that makes it cheaper for corporations to operate, which ramps up their profits, which SUPPOSEDLY improves the economy everytime and without exception!

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Patine said:

Well, don't worry, now that Trump has deregulated American water safety standards, there'll likely quickly be a lot more nasty stuff in your drinking water to kill you anyway - but hey, that makes it cheaper for corporations to operate, which ramps up their profits, which SUPPOSEDLY improves the economy everytime and without exception!

That's why i don't drink water from the tap.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

That's why i don't drink water from the tap.

Well, get ready for the empowerment of the bottled water companies (and the retailers that sell them) in the U.S. to be perfectly able (and likely willing) to ratchet up the bottled water prices at their pleasure with no practical ceiling. Also, feel proud to join the tap water club among countries that Mexico and India belong to - another source of national pride to add... :S I wonder what the tourists' analog moniker to "Montezuma's Revenge," and "Delhi Belly," for U.S. water will come to be... :P

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Patine said:

Well, get ready for the empowerment of the bottled water companies (and the retailers that sell them) in the U.S. to be perfectly able (and likely willing) to ratchet up the bottled water prices at their pleasure with no practical ceiling. Also, feel proud to join the tap water club among countries that Mexico and India belong to - another source of national pride to add... :S I wonder what the tourists' analog moniker to "Montezuma's Revenge," and "Delhi Belly," for U.S. water will come to be... :P

I use a filter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

I use a filter.

Still, the fact that you need to use those filters to drink water safely so mega-corporations can get filthy rich by saving money in not having to be legally restrained from freely polluting drinking water sources should not at all be a source of pride for a nation - it should, at least, inspire some national introspection into WHAT really should be valued (but, as I've said before on these forums, who am I kidding here).

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Patine said:

Still, the fact that you need to use those filters to drink water safely so mega-corporations can get filthy rich by saving money in not having to be legally restrained from freely polluting drinking water sources should not at all be a source of pride for a nation - it should, at least, inspire some national introspection into WHAT really should be valued (but, as I've said before on these forums, who am I kidding here).

I used it even before Trump.It's because I live in a 70 year old Apt. building.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NYrepublican said:

I used it even before Trump.It's because I live in a 70 year old Apt. building.

But, like misery likes company, they say, all Americans who know what's good for them will have to follow suit - just to save the big polluting corporations operational costs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Patine said:

Also, feel proud to join the tap water club among countries that Mexico and India belong to - another source of national pride to add... :S I wonder what the tourists' analog moniker to "Montezuma's Revenge," and "Delhi Belly," for U.S. water will come to be... :P

They have that in the Dominican Republic, where I just returned from. It's wonderful that now, thanks to Dear Leader, I won't have to leave the country to experience this wonderful sensation!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Boi I drank straight from a river as a kid and I turned out fine. @Patine thinks tap water is a bigger threat than terrorism.

You "drank straight from a river as a kid and turned out fine"?  Aren't you, like, 13?  I have no idea, but I think the long term health effects he is referring to would take more than a couple years to build up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...