270soft Forum

1800 Election Update (Historical Scenario Commission)

3rd playthrough went: Adams 87, Pinckney 86, Burr 60, Jefferson 39, Jay 4

I'm going to adjust the event power

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4th playthrough. I adjusted the events but Adams/Pinckney still won. For whatever reason Jefferson gets hit with major scandals right at the end, which are not scripted. 

5th playthrough saw it Adams/Burr   

Adams shouldn't have won, as he was losing in the polls, but I think the problem is that some of these states don't have a popular vote, so I think it's whomever has the most momentum right at the end or something. 

@NYrepublican

I don't think I'll do that. What I'm going to do is take Adams off the ballot in TN, KY, GA, since there was basically 0 change those state legislatures (no popular vote) would have voted for him. The only Southern state with no popular vote that might have voted for Adams was SC, because Charleston had a lot of Federalists. 

Adams and Jefferson tied w/ 76 once I took Adams off the ballots that he can't win (due to the state legislatures)

@vcczar 1st result as Henry Lee. It worked well for me - except for the fact I was not able to win a single EV... :D I only noticed a small typo, in John Adams' biography, there is a space too much when it comes to the Alien and Sedition Acts. And Adams' VP is "-__" and not "---" like the others.

1_1.PNG.55b7ab79fbdf5f7ab901d5f57212a2d0.PNG1_2.PNG.394e306b646909fe65e933d10fe48b58.PNG

2nd results, playing as James Monroe. It was more successful this time. 5th with 33 EVs. :D No problems either.

1_2_!.PNG.53233aa213e21c61377d02bd5a32c99a.PNG1_2_2.PNG.b590f54431cebd38b065cc1e9d07af5c.PNG

1 hour ago, NYrepublican said:

@vcczar when is this coming?

Maybe tonight. I have some other things to do. I want to do a couple of more playthroughs using the updated -- one with the default candidates, and one with them all on. If these turn out in a realistic manner, then I'll upload it. However, I have a lot of away from CPU things I have to do today.  I will aim for tonight, but it could be tomorrow. 

3 hours ago, CalebsParadox said:

I will tonight after work. You can expect some feedback around 11PM central time. 

Thanks

I made it where both Adams and Jefferson can win Pennsylvania, by moving Jefferson to the 2nd ballot vote. This allows for PA to be split between them. 

Before I started played, one thing I noticed was the election goals.  Jefferson, Burr, and Monroe (who I am playing as) have goals at 266 out of 276 EVs which is impossible.  And, Adams, Pinckney, and Jay have goals set at 10% of popular vote which seems like a low threshold.

15 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

Before I started played, one thing I noticed was the election goals.  Jefferson, Burr, and Monroe (who I am playing as) have goals at 266 out of 276 EVs which is impossible.  And, Adams, Pinckney, and Jay have goals set at 10% of popular vote which seems like a low threshold.

Odd. Thanks for pointing that out. 

Jefferson: 74

Adams: 64

Burr: 48 (would have become President if Monroe wasn't in the race; Becomes VP if Virginia's EVs go to him)

Monroe: 41 (Although Virginia's would technically have to go to someone else)

Pinckney: 31

Jay: 18

32 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

Jefferson: 74

Adams: 64

Burr: 48 (would have become President if Monroe wasn't in the race; Becomes VP if Virginia's EVs go to him)

Monroe: 41 (Although Virginia's would technically have to go to someone else)

Pinckney: 31

Jay: 18

Thanks! I'll check Vermont right now.