270soft Forum

2018 Pennsylvania Governor Race

I'll be making a 2018 PA Gubernatorial Race Scenario heres what I have so far Please Leave suggestions!

Democrat:

Tom Wolf (On)

Ed Rendell (Off,what if)

Bob Casey Jr (off,what if)

Katie Mcginty (off.what if)

Joe Sestak (off,what if)

John Fetterman (off,what if)

Republican

Paul Mango (on)

Scott Wagner (on)

Lou Barletta (undecided)

Jim Cawley (undecided)

Charlie Dent (undecided)

Tom Marino (undecided)

Pat Meehan (undecided)

Mike Turzai (undecided)

Rob Wonderling (undecided)

Lynn Swann (off,what if)

Pat Toomey (off,what if)

Rick Santorum (off,what if)

Tom Corbett (off,what it)

ISSUES

-Abortion

-Budget & Economy

-Race Relations

-Corporations

-Crime

-Drugs

-Education

-Energy & Oil

-Environment

-Free Trade

-Government Reform

-Gun Control

-Health Care

-Immigration

-Jobs

-Principles & Values

--Social Security

-Tax Reform

-Technology

-War & Peace

-Welfare & Poverty

-Donald Trump

Polls:

Polls will be even starting out with Wolf having a slight edge.

My outlook: I grew up in PA and consider myself a centrist, I personally disapprove of the current governor but Scott Wagner is an embarrassing excuse to verse him.

16 minutes ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

My outlook: I grew up in PA and consider myself a centrist, I personally disapprove of the current governor but Scott Wagner is an embarrassing excuse to verse him.

Republicans generally are pretty dumb when it comes to picking someone in states where their message doesnt resonate, I'm not a moderate by any means but Charlie Baker and Chris Sununu are proof that Republicans can pick someone to fit the political climate, sadly, they just don't bother.

I look forward to it. I'll be living in Philadelphia. I'm definitely voting for whoever the Democratic candidate will be. I think one of your choices should be "Donald Trump," since he's always the biggest news and you have some Republicans that don't like him very much. Far-Left to Centrist would be opposed at different levels. Center-right would support him about as much as Collins, Graham, and McCain support him. Right would be full support. Far-right would be supportive, but wish he were more conservative. 

2 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Far-Left to Centrist would be opposed at different levels. Center-right would support him about as much as Collins, Graham, and McCain support him

In this game, generally Trump comes out as centre right due to his views on abortion, same sex marriage and free trade. I feel like centre-right would support him more as the reason he won Pennslyvania was centre/centre-right independents/democrats voting for him.

6 minutes ago, wolves said:

In this game, generally Trump comes out as centre right due to his views on abortion, same sex marriage and free trade. I feel like centre-right would support him more as the reason he won Pennslyvania was centre/centre-right independents/democrats voting for him.

I think he's become more conservative as president, which can be shown by the fact that the moderate Republicans oppose him (Kasich, Collins, Murkowski, Graham, McCain) and the conservative Republicans have been much more supportive. 

3 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I look forward to it. I'll be living in Philadelphia. I'm definitely voting for whoever the Democratic candidate will be. I think one of your choices should be "Donald Trump," since he's always the biggest news and you have some Republicans that don't like him very much. Far-Left to Centrist would be opposed at different levels. Center-right would support him about as much as Collins, Graham, and McCain support him. Right would be full support. Far-right would be supportive, but wish he were more conservative. 

Welcome to PA! and thank you for the suggestion. I wont be voting for a Republican unless a strong moderate is put up. I am actually campaigning for Bob Casey Sr., But I personally do not like Tom Wolf, or what he has done for the state. I'll be running for my cities Commissioner position come next year. 23 may sound young but I've met with Casey, and many PA State Rep. and Senators. Just for tips and funding advice. Next year will be the start to my political career,

Just now, vcczar said:

moderate Republicans oppose him (Kasich, Collins, Murkowski, Graham, McCain)

These moderate Republicans opposed him during the 2016 race too for things like his immigration policy and his trade policy, immigration was right wing, his trade policy was left.

39 minutes ago, wolves said:

These moderate Republicans opposed him during the 2016 race too for things like his immigration policy and his trade policy, immigration was right wing, his trade policy was left.

Now they're against him for Healthcare and foreign policy 

18 hours ago, vcczar said:

Now they're against him for Healthcare and foreign policy 

They were always against him for his foreign policy like with his stances on NATO.

Healthcare is hilarious really, I couldn't imagine McCain being any better, he'd probably put bombing people in Syria over the lives of domestic citizens.

14 minutes ago, wolves said:

They were always against him for his foreign policy like with his stances on NATO.

Healthcare is hilarious really, I couldn't imagine McCain being any better, he'd probably put bombing people in Syria over the lives of domestic citizens.

graham,mccain hates trump policy this are good

2 hours ago, wolves said:

Yeah, McCain and Graham are really the last old style Republicans (neocons) in he Senate. I actually think McCain and Graham would work with Democrats on Healthcare reform in exchange for support in military/defense matters. In this sense, I think McCain and Graham would, at least incidentally, care more about domestic citizens than Trump or Cruz. I really think Trump could probably come up with a good healthcare plan if he was willing to promote a bipartisan plan, but I think he's so bent on undoing anything Obama did (in a way that doesn't make sense....it's almost pathological), that he sort of undermines himself, since Obama is popular and Trump is not. I don't think Cruz cares about domestic citizens because he doesn't believe the government should care. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2017 at 6:59 PM, TheMiddlePolitical said:

I'll be making a 2018 PA Gubernatorial Race Scenario heres what I have so far Please Leave suggestions!

Democrat:

Tom Wolf (On)

Ed Rendell (Off,what if)

Bob Casey Jr (off,what if)

Katie Mcginty (off.what if)

Joe Sestak (off,what if)

John Fetterman (off,what if)

Republican

Paul Mango (on)

Scott Wagner (on)

Lou Barletta (undecided)

Jim Cawley (undecided)

Charlie Dent (undecided)

Tom Marino (undecided)

Pat Meehan (undecided)

Mike Turzai (undecided)

Rob Wonderling (undecided)

Lynn Swann (off,what if)

Pat Toomey (off,what if)

Rick Santorum (off,what if)

ISSUES

-Abortion

-Budget & Economy

-Race Relations

-Corporations

-Crime

-Drugs

-Education

-Energy & Oil

-Environment

-Free Trade

-Government Reform

-Gun Control

-Health Care

-Immigration

-Jobs

-Principles & Values

--Social Security

-Tax Reform

-Technology

-War & Peace

-Welfare & Poverty

-Donald Trump

Polls:

Polls will be even starting out with Wolf having a slight edge.

And why didnt you ask me for help i live in pa.

Archived