270soft Forum

Ridiculous Presidential Poll

Ridiculous Presidential Poll (to lighten up the heated seriousness in this forum)  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which president would win in an actual Royal Rumble (Wrestling event in which all the wrestlers are in the ring at the same time, and the last one still in the ring wins)

• George Washington
    • Andrew Jackson
    • William Henry Harrison
    • Zachary Taylor
    • Millard Fillmore
    • Abraham Lincoln
    • Ulysses S. Grant
    • Theodore Roosevelt
    • William Taft
    • Dwight D. Eisenhower
    • LBJ
    • Gerald Ford
    • GW Bush
    • Barack Obama
    • Donald Trump
    • Other US President (name him below)
  2. 2. Which president is most likely to survive on Mars, dealing with the hardships of a freezing desert with sand storms, constant loneliness, constant discomfort, and an aptitude for science and colony building?

• George Washington
    • Thomas Jefferson
    • John Quincy Adams
    • Andrew Jackson
    • WH Harrison
    • Abraham Lincoln
    • Ulysses S. Grant
    • Theodore Roosevelt
    • Woodrow Wilson
    • FDR
    • Harry S. Truman
    • Dwight D. Eisenhower
    • LBJ
    • Jimmy Carter
    • GHW Bush
    • Bill Clinton
    • GW Bush
    • Barack Obama
    • Donald Trump
    • Other US president (name him below)
  3. 3. Which president could best pass as a woman if dressed in drag?

• George Washington
    • John Adams
    • James Madison
    • JQ Adams
    • John Tyler
    • Zachary Taylor
    • Millard Fillmore
    • Franklin Pierce
    • James Buchanan
    • Andrew Johnson
    • William McKinkley
    • Warren G Harding
    • Calvin Coolidge
    • Herbert Hoover
    • JFK
    • Richard Nixon
    • Ronald Reagan
    • Bill Clinton
    • Donald Trump
    • Other US president (please name below)

1. since I took the last option: for me it's Ronald Reagan

2. Eisenhower

3. Clinton - I admit he seems to be good fun 

If Andrew Jackson was smart, I think he would win #1.  But, I think he would go to the center and try to take on everyone which would result in his loss.

6 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

If Andrew Jackson was smart, I think he would win #1.  But, I think he would go to the center and try to take on everyone which would result in his loss.

If you read more about Jackson, you will find that he was actually pretty sly. As a wrestler, I would compare him to Ric Flair, who probably wrestled before your time. I recommend reading a book about Jackson's involvement in the Bank War. I read one that focused on the bank war, I think it was called "Bank War," but I don't remember. You get a vision of Jackson that shows how he was pretty much party leader from 1825 to his death. 

Alright, for the Royal Rumble I just can't see Donald Trump being able to compete. He's 71 years old upon taking the Presidency, it's just not happening. However, I would like to change my prediction to Lincoln in light of this evidence:
"Despite the fact that his men made almost no effort to listen to anything he said, Lincoln still had a blast being a militia captain because he got to engage in impromptu wrestling matches with the other soldiers. And if there was one thing Abraham Lincoln loved, it was kicking people's asses. He gained a reputation as the best wrestler in the army, because apparently they just wrestled all the time instead of actually trying to quell the Indian rebellion they had been mustered together to pacify. Abe lost only one of his completely insane wrestling matches, to a man named Thompson, a soldier from a different company whom he battled for the right to choose the best camping spot, according to an actual historical document containing the sentence, "At last the man got the crotch lock on Mr. Lincoln.""

20 hours ago, CalebsParadox said:

Alright, for the Royal Rumble I just can't see Donald Trump being able to compete. He's 71 years old upon taking the Presidency, it's just not happening. However, I would like to change my prediction to Lincoln in light of this evidence:
"Despite the fact that his men made almost no effort to listen to anything he said, Lincoln still had a blast being a militia captain because he got to engage in impromptu wrestling matches with the other soldiers. And if there was one thing Abraham Lincoln loved, it was kicking people's asses. He gained a reputation as the best wrestler in the army, because apparently they just wrestled all the time instead of actually trying to quell the Indian rebellion they had been mustered together to pacify. Abe lost only one of his completely insane wrestling matches, to a man named Thompson, a soldier from a different company whom he battled for the right to choose the best camping spot, according to an actual historical document containing the sentence, "At last the man got the crotch lock on Mr. Lincoln.""

and reagan too and fdr too.

I went with Dubya for question one, but looking back, I would choose Lincoln (in his prime). He stands 6'4 and i remember reading years ago he used to actually brawl (forget when) for fun and went into a championship or something and was ranked first. He was actually more known for his speed than strength if I remember correctly 

On 7/11/2017 at 7:46 PM, vcczar said:

If you read more about Jackson, you will find that he was actually pretty sly. As a wrestler, I would compare him to Ric Flair

I met Ric Flair at a hotel once when my dad was in a business trip. He actually lived on the top floor, and had a modded Camaro parked out front. One time someone parked in his spot though, legend says no one heard from him again...

Hes actually a really nice dude, got a picture with him.

8 hours ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

Lincoln wrestled back in the day, then again it wasn't WWE style. It was either him or Teddy.

I certainly wouldn't want to wrestle with Teddy Roosevelt. Judging by all the pictures, he looked like he was the most physically imposing U.S. President while in office.

9 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

I met Ric Flair at a hotel once when my dad was in a business trip. He actually lived on the top floor, and had a modded Camaro parked out front. One time someone parked in his spot though, legend says no one heard from him again...

Hes actually a really nice dude, got a picture with him.

I used to have a friend (she was the one who introduced to me my ex-girlfriend of 10 years, until just recently), and her common law, who she had a son with, had a modded Camaro. Mind, he was an antique dealer and trader, and got his largely through those circles.

1 minute ago, Patine said:

I used to have a friend (she was the one who introduced to me my ex-girlfriend of 10 years, until just recently), and her common law, who she had a son with, had a modded Camaro. Mind, he was an antique dealer and trader, and got his largely through those circles.

Sorry to hear about the girlfriend thing.

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:46 PM, vcczar said:

If you read more about Jackson, you will find that he was actually pretty sly. As a wrestler, I would compare him to Ric Flair, who probably wrestled before your time. I recommend reading a book about Jackson's involvement in the Bank War. I read one that focused on the bank war, I think it was called "Bank War," but I don't remember. You get a vision of Jackson that shows how he was pretty much party leader from 1825 to his death. 

I know that he is sly from basic textbook reading from APUSH (with the way he destroyed the bank while helping his re-election).  But, he also seems like someone who doesn't back down from a challenge.

17 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

I know that he is sly from basic textbook reading from APUSH (with the way he destroyed the bank while helping his re-election).  But, he also seems like someone who doesn't back down from a challenge.

What's APUSH?

Just now, jvikings1 said:

AP US History

Ah. The history lessons when I went to school were structured very differently and used different textbooks - and we had more exposure to world history, not just our national history, than I've heard most U.S. students get - though I feel more exposure to world history, society, and political structure in schools, outside of just how Americans have historically dealt with those nations in that context alone, would be of benefit to Americans and future generations in the U.S., myself.

Just now, Patine said:

Ah. The history lessons when I went to school were structured very differently and used different textbooks - and we had more exposure to world history, not just our national history, than I've heard most U.S. students get - though I feel more exposure to world history, society, and political structure in schools, outside of just how Americans have historically dealt with those nations in that context alone, would be of benefit to Americans and future generations in the U.S., myself.

I agree that history until high school is very redundant.  It seemed like they would go over everything over and over again as you moved up.  Then, in high school, there is usually 1 year of world history.