270soft Forum

Working on 2020 Prediction County Map

I don't see Elliott County switching back to the Democrats.  It almost went to Romney in 2012 and the toxicity of the national Democratic Party with regards to coal is going to still be around.  Nicholas County has gone Republican since 2000 and most since 1984(Clinton won it twice).  I don't see it switching now.  Fayette and Jefferson are correct.  I don't see a Republican winning one of those any time soon.  Franklin County (where Frankfort is located) has been a tossup recently.  So, that could easily switch.  Marion County has also went Republican since 2000.  Although it has been close, there hasn't been much shift before 2016 (where the Republicans increased their vote).  So, I doubt it would switch now.

15 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

I don't see Elliott County switching back to the Democrats.  It almost went to Romney in 2012 and the toxicity of the national Democratic Party with regards to coal is going to still be around.  Nicholas County has gone Republican since 2000 and most since 1984(Clinton won it twice).  I don't see it switching now.  Fayette and Jefferson are correct.  I don't see a Republican winning one of those any time soon.  Franklin County (where Frankfort is located) has been a tossup recently.  So, that could easily switch.  Marion County has also went Republican since 2000.  Although it has been close, there hasn't been much shift before 2016 (where the Republicans increased their vote).  So, I doubt it would switch now.

"Toxicity toward coal." Classic but probably unintended ironic pun. :P