270soft Forum

How VCCzar might do in an election

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

and @NYrepublican

You pretty much have to be aware of where the population centers are. Anything in the middle, for the most part (adjusting for the city populations) is tossup. Anything closer to Red goes towards you and anything closer to purple goes against you. Since the population centers are generally small in area size, you have to be able to know where they are state-by-state. The whole thing is holistic, so there isn't a way for precision accuracy in this, but it's fun to make the holistic estimation of a general election vote. 

http://www.270towin.com/maps/xVej1 this is how i see you doing.

I'm the Democrat

oKy67.png

FL would be close but would probably go in my favor thanks to strong support in Miami

NC does not love me; lukewarm support in the cities would not be enough to prevent the rural areas from throwing the state to the Republican

I would perform better than Hillary in MN, MI, and WI

OH and PA would be very very close, I gave them to the Republicans so as to not appear biased towards myself

I would have solid support in New England; NH would not be as close

New Mexico and Nevada are not enthusiastic about me and thus might go for the Republican, narrowly. Colorado would stay blue, which is crucial to my victory in this scenario

1 hour ago, NYrepublican said:

can anyone determine who Ohio,Montana and colorado would go to here:http://www.270towin.com/maps/VJGD3 based on this:http://www.isidewith.com/elections/2016-presidential/3249290748

i'd say Colorado and Montana go blue, maybe ohio too they're all very close

3 minutes ago, LegolasRedbard said:

Capture.thumb.PNG.4f3df482b83af60efeeb22277cda8ede.PNG

Ahem

The user submitted answers are brilliant

On the question of wearing a full face veil

Capture.PNG.40e0ab797da86be5172b386cb9653bd0.PNG

"Should welfare recipients be tested for drugs?"

Capture.PNG.5a33a55b9fb32b047bf4390c7fde7cff.PNG

22 minutes ago, Patine said:

@vcczar

Can this Presidential victory prediction simulator be done as an Independent, or do you have to choose Apple or Microsoft - er, Republican or Democrat? :P

If you are talking about the iSidewith website, where you answer the questions, then it doesn't apply. Basically you are given a map of the US that shows you where voters are more similar or less similar than you on the issues. It's interesting, because you start seeing support in areas you wouldn't expect it. I was surprised that Montana, Utah, and Nebraska were relatively more supportive of my personal views than their voting record suggests. I think it might be because I'm less strict on guns than most left-wing people. Montana was a tossup state for me, while Utah and Nebraska were only leaning Republican. I only had truly strong support in VT, MA, RI, CA, WA, DC, MD, and the rest that liked my views only leaned my direction. The only places strongly opposed to me were MS, AL, LA, AR, TN, TX (my own birth state; although, the cities like me). I had more tossup states than is usual. 

10 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

I am hated in the northeast BTW New Hampshire isn't even competitive.

What would be interesting is to put two forum users iSidewith maps together to see who would win an election if people voted solely on issues and not on the candidate personalities. 

7 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

these states are all too close to call http://www.270towin.com/maps/VJGD3

If that's the case, I think our map would be like this. Although, MT could go your direction. It was a tossup for me, too. Ohio was a tossup for me too, but I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt there. You would win AZ and IA. 

39 minutes ago, vcczar said:

thanks

On the question about gender intenity someone responded

"no we should make being female illegal"

In response to “Should marital rape be classified and punished as severely as non-marital rape?” someone replied “Should a sandwich be considered a non sandwich?"ould “gender identity” be added to anti-discrimination laws?

Should “gender identity” be added to anti-discrimination laws?