Jump to content
270soft Forum

Congress vote tracker


Guest

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, koneke said:

https://projects.propublica.org/represent/votes/115/senate/1/144

I don't understand this bill, what does it mean? Please tell me NYrepub

It  codifies various sanctions toward Russia into law as opposed to executive trade orders which can be rescinded at Trump's will, meaning that the president can't arbitrarily choose to lift sanctions without congressional approval

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, koneke said:

Rand Paul voted against it.

Why did so many vote for it?

Because they don't want Trump to do things without their consent as he's a bit of a rookie at political chess.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, koneke said:

Rand Paul voted against it.

Why did so many vote for it?

Because many wanted to send a message to Russia and probably Trump as well.  Rand voted against it because of the double standard when it comes to countries such as Russia.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jvikings1 said:

Because many wanted to send a message to Russia and probably Trump as well.  Rand voted against it because of the double standard when it comes to countries such as Russia.

About the double standard, does he think that it is hypocritical to sell things to Saudi Arabia when they're bombing in Yemen?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jvikings1 said:

Because many wanted to send a message to Russia and probably Trump as well.  Rand voted against it because of the double standard when it comes to countries such as Russia.

Russia IS logistically different than most countries the U.S. puts sanctions on, in that sanctions is near the rational furthest point the U.S. can take a dispute with Russia without the continued existence of all life on earth less hardy than cockroaches, rats, and hyper-resistant lichens and micro-organisms potentially hanging in the balance.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, koneke said:

About the double standard, does he think that it is hypocritical to sell things to Saudi Arabia when they're bombing in Yemen?

Rand is one of the only voices speaking against the arms deal (whether it was Obama or is Trump).

4 minutes ago, Patine said:

Russia IS logistically different than most countries the U.S. puts sanctions on, in that sanctions is near the rational furthest point the U.S. can take a dispute with Russia without the continued existence of all life on earth less hardy than cockroaches, rats, and hyper-resistant lichens and micro-organisms potentially hanging in the balance.

China is another (which was one of the focuses of pointing out the double standard)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...