270soft Forum

CNN lies (note:my rant)

7 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Can we PLEASE stop harping on CNN? They lie. They're deceitful. They're unethical. There. Can we please stop talking about them? It's getting monotonous and repetitive.

That's why I posted this in a seperate thread so it wouldn't get in anyone's way if they were uninterested.

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

Can we PLEASE stop harping on CNN? They lie. They're deceitful. They're unethical. There. Can we please stop talking about them? It's getting monotonous and repetitive.

OK fine.

Just now, Presidentinsertname said:

just wondering what do you think of the canadian monarchy are you infavor of a republic of canada?

Since the monarchy is utterly and completely powerless and is purely symbolic and ceremonial, and neither the monarch nor the British Parliament has any power at all over Canada in truth, and even the Governor General's and Provincial Lieutenant Governors' 'reserve powers' have been effectively neutered, and it would actually cost a very large amount of money to hold a referendum on the issue and change ALL those symbols and references and EVERTHING tied to the monarchy and be such a headache, I personally believe, for practical reasons, let it be - it isn't doing any harm, isn't a de facto challenge to Canadian sovereignty, and would be such a palaver to change as to be not be worth it at this time when the country has better things to worry about and fix.

1 minute ago, Patine said:

Since the monarchy is utterly and completely powerless and is purely symbolic and ceremonial, and neither the monarch nor the British Parliament has any power at all over Canada in truth, and even the Governor General's and Provincial Lieutenant Governors' 'reserve powers' have been effectively neutered, and it would actually cost a very large amount of money to hold a referendum on the issue and change ALL those symbols and references and EVERTHING tied to the monarchy and be such a headache, I personally believe, for practical reasons, let it be - it isn't doing any harm, isn't a de facto challenge to Canadian sovereignty, and would be such a palaver to change as to be not be worth it at this time when the country has better things to worry about and fix.

I am surprise i thought you would be a republican.

1 minute ago, Presidentinsertname said:

I am surprise i thought you would be a republican.

I am a supporter of practical governance, and polices that best serve the people and nation, not idealist and partisan purity, semantics, and clinging to platform planks that are highly impractical or just impediments at a given point in point. I've made this very clear on numerous occasions on these forums.

8 hours ago, vcczar said:

This is also waaaaaaaay off topic, and has very little to do with the game. 

again one of the reasons I made a point of posting it on a separate thread so it doesn't get in anyone's way if they want to read something else.