270soft Forum

Map Help

Quebecois

Hi, i am making a fictional Canadian Republic scenario and while i have most things figured out i am having trouble creating the map, i am very bad with paint and computer graphics in general so if anyone could help me create the map or give me some tips it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. 

sasha_canada.png

14 hours ago, Quebecois said:

Hi, i am making a fictional Canadian Republic scenario and while i have most things figured out i am having trouble creating the map, i am very bad with paint and computer graphics in general so if anyone could help me create the map or give me some tips it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. 

sasha_canada.png

As a Canadian myself, it looks interesting. However, I think such a map is beyond my own capability. I assume the parties will be changed somewhat as well. Also, maybe renaming the NWT to Deneh, the name proposed for it if it achieved it's own provincehood, and, if Maine became a province by the most likely turn of history, it likely would have ended up being called New Ireland, instead. Otherwise, this looks quite intriguing.

9 hours ago, Patine said:

As a Canadian myself, it looks interesting. However, I think such a map is beyond my own capability. I assume the parties will be changed somewhat as well. Also, maybe renaming the NWT to Deneh, the name proposed for it if it achieved it's own provincehood, and, if Maine became a province by the most likely turn of history, it likely would have ended up being called New Ireland, instead. Otherwise, this looks quite intriguing.

I am in the process of finishing the parties, the Conservative Party(all who ran for the leadership in 2017 not very familiar with Vermont and Maine politicians so i will likely have a high profile Republican from Vermont or Maine), the Liberal Party(Trudeau is running for reelection but after breaking his promise to legalize marijuana before the next election he will face opposition from an Senator from Nathaniel Erskine-Smith), the NDP (all who are currently in the leadership race + Bernie Sanders and the option to turn on Tom Mulcair) , the Parti Francophone which will only run in provinces with a french majority (Martine Oullet, Pierre Karl Peladeau starts as off and Giles Duccepe will also start as off ) and the Green(not finished only have Elizabeth May right now). i was thinking of making First Nations rights advocacy party that would run in provinces with large First Nations populations. and i will make various parties for the Bahamas, west indies, Barbados, Jamaica, Turks and Caicos Islands, in the style of the Parti Francophone.

if you could think of anymore issues that would be great, so far i have

the Election will be in 2019 so future issues are also more than welcome.

Quebec Sovereignty, Jamaican sovereignty and West Indies Sovereignty 

Funding for Reserves

Farm Subsidies 

Alberta Oil subsidies

Trans Canada pipeline

Increased funding for the Caribbean Provinces 

Support, Israel or Palestine?

Saudi Arms Deal

Electoral Reform

Marijuana legalization 

9 minutes ago, Quebecois said:

I am in the process of finishing the parties, the Conservative Party(all who ran for the leadership in 2017 not very familiar with Vermont and Maine politicians so i will likely have a high profile Republican from Vermont or Maine), the Liberal Party(Trudeau is running for reelection but after breaking his promise to legalize marijuana before the next election he will face opposition from an Senator from Nathaniel Erskine-Smith), the NDP (all who are currently in the leadership race + Bernie Sanders and the option to turn on Tom Mulcair) , the Bloc Francophone which will only run in provinces with a french majority (Martine Oullet, Pierre Karl Peladeau starts as off and Giles Duccepe will also start as off ) and the Green(not finished only have Elizabeth May right now). i was thinking of making First Nations rights advocacy party that would run in states with large First Nations populations. and i will make various parties for the Bahamas, west indies, Barbados, Jamaica, Turks and Caicos Islands, in the style of the Bloc Francophone.

if you could think of anymore issues that would be great, so far i have

the Election will be in 2019 so future issues are also more than welcome.

Quebec Sovereignty, Jamaican sovereignty and West Indies Sovereignty 

Funding for Reserves

Farm Subsidies 

Alberta Oil subsidies

Trans Canada pipeline

Increased funding for the Caribbean Provinces 

Support, Israel or Palestine?

Saudi Arms Deal

Electoral Reform

Marijuana legalization 

I would make Bruce Golding (a recent former Jamaican PM of the centre-right Jamaican Party of Labour (the main conservative party of Jamaica, despite it's name) and a pro-First World relations malatto from a wealthy background), a Conservative from Jamaica, as opposed to Portia Simpson-Miller, his more left-leaning populist and 'Jamaica-first' type political rival, who'd likely be a part (probably a significant leader) in a Caribbean sovereignty party. The politically moderate Republican Senator Olympia Snow, who I believe recently retired, is the only living politician from Maine I'm immediately familiar with.

11 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

I've made some maps but haven't done so in awhile

@Quebecois I'd just call it Israel-Palestine.

@Patine is Israel-Palestine a big issue in Canada?

It comes up from time to time, but it's not as predominant on politics as in the U.S. or U.K., but probably more than most other modern Western countries.

in the US it isn't a very controversial issue and hasn't been post-carter.

15 minutes ago, Patine said:

It comes up from time to time, but it's not as predominant on politics as in the U.S. or U.K., but probably more than most other modern Western countries.

35 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

I've made some maps but haven't done so in awhile

@Quebecois I'd just call it Israel-Palestine.

@Patine is Israel-Palestine a big issue in Canada?

It is not really much of an issue now the, movement to boycott Israeli goods was in the news for a little while. The reason i put it in was beacuse i wanted to have some foreigin policy topics.  

Archived