270soft Forum

Next scenario?

Next PI scenario   

27 members have voted

1. 1. What should be my next PI scenario?

• 2018 Ohio governor
    • 2010 Ohio governor
    • 2018 Arizona governor (or senate)
    • 1964 Election (JFK lives)
    • 2018 Democratic House Leadership

I am putting the finishing touches on my 1988 scenario V 1.0, (Will be released July 9th)

What should be my next scenario?

Just now, NYrepublican said:

because @servo75 has one.

A lot of given election have had separate scenarios done by TheorySpark games. Have you seen all the United States 2012 Presidential Election fanmade scenarios that were done in for P4E2008. I swear, it must have almost to 50 or more individual versions. And, given the election hasn't happened yet, and servo75 has made what I consider a controversial choice or two (like his "unofficial" MAGA "party," or some such, which may cause things to play out inaccurately to what will really happen), and he's currently relying on a bunch of generic TBA candidates, his scenario likely won't end up being the final word on it.

Just now, Patine said:

A lot of given election have had separate scenarios done by TheorySpark games. Have you seen all the United States 2012 Presidential Election fanmade scenarios that were done in for P4E2008. I swear, it must have almost to 50 or more individual versions. And, given the election hasn't happened yet, and servo75 has made what I consider a controversial choice or two (like his "unofficial" MAGA "party," or some such, which may cause things to play out inaccurately to what will really happen), and he's currently relying on a bunch of generic TBA candidates, his scenario likely won't end up being the final word on it.

it's the best he can do now as much is hypothetical.I'd put MAGA and the republicans in a coalition myself.

1 minute ago, NYrepublican said:

it's the best he can do now as much is hypothetical.I'd put MAGA and the republicans in a coalition myself.

And there's also the possibility of incumbents losing primaries. That was a BIG thing in the 2010 House and Senate elections.

Just now, Patine said:

And there's also the possibility of incumbents losing primaries. That was a BIG thing in the 2010 House and Senate elections.

I'd also like to do a campaign where Meng can become significant too.

2 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

I'd also like to do a campaign where Meng can become significant too.

I plan on doing all these down the road, maybe a 2018 NY governor race where Meng is a possible challenge to Cuomo perhaps. ?

10 minutes ago, Patine said:

I may do 2018 house down the road, I just think party leadership elections would be interesting (Corbyn's rise to Labour leader)

36 minutes ago, vcczar said:

My 1964 election has JFK as a what-if option. 

I was going to add hypothetical events to mine, the race would go very differently. If I could use yours as a base for it I of course will give you credit where it is due. 

1 hour ago, SeanFKennedy said:

I was going to add hypothetical events to mine, the race would go very differently. If I could use yours as a base for it I of course will give you credit where it is due. 

That's fine. I look forward to seeing your scenario. 

As an Ohioan, I want a 2018 Governorship one myself. Especially since this state went 9% Trump, even more than Texas did, this election should be interesting.

Rank in order of ones I'd like to see

1. Ohio Governor 2018

2. Ohio Governor 2010

3. Arizona 2018

4. Leadership election

5. Hypothetical 1964

PS: I'd also love to see 2018 Ohio Senate because that is shaping up to very a very interesting race.

Just now, NYrepublican said:

@SeanFKennedy why did you not have a two-round vote?

Because I plan on doing them all. 2018 Ohio Governor shouldn't take more than a week and a half.

On 7/5/2017 at 7:23 PM, Patine said:

Well of course the 2018 election is a lifetime away yet. While I strive for accuracy (and I did do a LOT of research for this one, it took me several weeks), I think it's obvious that any region percentages right now are mostly guess-work. I also consider it a trademark to add a little bit of humor as well, and I've seen PI campaigns before with either fictitious or very obscure parties, and as a forum we've put out campaigns with fictional candidates.  I will say that this "MAGA" party during test runs rarely wins more than 2 seats.  It's not intended as a major party and if anything it will probably take seats AWAY from the GOP.

TBA candidates?  Partially.  The MAGA candidates are all made up names except for a few.  For example Paul Nehlen has declared a primary challenge to Paul Ryan in WI-1 so I used his name under MAGA (because CI doesn't include primaries).  But for Democrat and GOP, I double-checked to make sure all the incumbent names are correct, and I checked every challenger against Ballotpedia.  With 435 districts I'm sure I may have made a few errors but I actually spent a lot of time and research on it, and the MAGA thing is just a bit of fun.  The premise is that many Conservatives are upset that the Republicans are moving too far to the left, and since CI doesn't have primary challengers I hope to use the party for GOP primary challengers.  As the real election gets closer if (hopefully) Paul Ryan does get primaried out, then I'll move Nehlen to the GOP and take MAGA off-ballot.

I've also documented how I arrived at all region percentages and which districts have MAGA candidates on the ballot, if you're interested.

I'm also working right now on a 1992. 

• 2 weeks later...

Could you do 1984,1992 and 1996? 

Archived