270soft Forum

Historical Scenario Commission

1 minute ago, Patine said:

Only if their really tightened up. The ones he released were sloppy, using cut-and-paste text from other scenarios and not bothering to update most of it, and having whole parties with 0% in every region, and such. He has to be more vigilant before declaring something is ready for even initial release. I feel he's just in a hurry to "mass produce" scenarios for sheer number of them.

what scenarios need adjusting?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@vcczar

What is really missing (an issue in game mechanics) is a method to have certain given States divide their EV's between different candidates and not put them all to the same one, which occurred with differing levels of frequency during the 18th and 19th Centuries. There used to be no rule, convention, or even unwritten tendency against it. Although I suspect some change by Anthony would be need (so, put at the bottom of a huge queue grinded through at a snail's pace), or like I had done with some of my old P4E2008 scenario, and broken up the States who had split their vote into separate regions gamewise (a somewhat clumsy solution), as it is, the results are slightly skewed from historical results.

33 minutes ago, Patine said:

@vcczar

What is really missing (an issue in game mechanics) is a method to have certain given States divide their EV's between different candidates and not put them all to the same one, which occurred with differing levels of frequency during the 18th and 19th Centuries. There used to be no rule, convention, or even unwritten tendency against it. Although I suspect some change by Anthony would be need (so, put at the bottom of a huge queue grinded through at a snail's pace), or like I had done with some of my old P4E2008 scenario, and broken up the States who had split their vote into separate regions gamewise (a somewhat clumsy solution), as it is, the results are slightly skewed from historical results.

That's true

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure where we left off, but I'm finishing 1992 and will release it as soon as the bug is cleared up.  I can do 1988 as well.

On 7/23/2017 at 5:06 PM, servo75 said:

Not sure where we left off, but I'm finishing 1992 and will release it as soon as the bug is cleared up.  I can do 1988 as well.

Careful with Jesse Jackson, no matter what I do, he keeps destroying my campaign. I'm declaring it dead.

28 minutes ago, LokiLoki22 said:

Careful with Jesse Jackson, no matter what I do, he keeps destroying my campaign. I'm declaring it dead.

You sure Servo didn't add an extra 0 to the campaign money value by accident?

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, NYrepublican said:

What happened to the later scenarios?

I'm in the middle of updating 1940. I am really busy for the rest of the year, so these will be coming out much more slowly, and will be completely dependent on the free time that I have. My 270Soft projects are not my only projects I work on during my free time. I hope to have them done in a month or so, but it could be longer. 

2 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I'm in the middle of updating 1940. I am really busy for the rest of the year, so these will be coming out much more slowly, and will be completely dependent on the free time that I have. My 270Soft projects are not my only projects I work on during my free time. I hope to have them done in a month or so, but it could be longer. 

Don't you at least have Christmas and Thanksgiving (the latter of which Canada and the U.S. celebrate on different days, weeks apart, as a note) off?

9 minutes ago, Patine said:

Don't you at least have Christmas and Thanksgiving (the latter of which Canada and the U.S. celebrate on different days, weeks apart, as a note) off?

I do, which could possibly be when I finish these scenarios, if I can't before then.