270soft Forum

Historical Scenario Commission

18 hours ago, michaelsdiamonds said:

I'd love to help if you need it!

Definitely. Just playing through the scenario and finding things that need to be fixed is helpful. I need to know if it is too easy or too hard. The problem has been that the ads are too easy to purchase and one can dominate the elections by flooding the election with ads. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, SeanFKennedy said:

Played through it, I experienced no problems at all. It works well.

Same.  I might play through again and focus on more specific details, but it is good on the basic level.

@SeanFKennedy @jvikings1

I appreciate you both playing through this. I'm sure this scenario is more set than the others. I'll wait until tonight or tomorrow to upload an update, in case I get any other update suggestions, etc. 

6 minutes ago, MrPrez said:

I'd love to help out with different scenarios!

Excellent. We are still working on the 1788 Scenario, but should begin 1792 by tomorrow. 

I wanted to play today but I hope to be able to do so tomorrow... I am sorry, I had to write on my thesis. I will help with 1792.

1792:
-Thomas Jefferson VP version description sounds like a challenge to Washington. 
-Artemis Ward VP sounds like a run for the Presidency and not the Vice Presidency. Same for John Jay, Richard Henry Lee, Hancock, Wilson, and Madison. 
-Assuming that the one state vote is meant for Washington unless a (P) is beside the name to indicate Washington stepping down, enabling extra candidates messes up that electoral allocation as several candidates will be running for both states vote, specifically many are running against Washington and polling decently well. 
-I'd lower several candidates amount of points in Experience. Adams, Hancock, and arguably Hamilton and Jefferson should have a 4, but I wouldn't say anyone else. Currently, most candidates with an elected position at all have a 4. 
-I'd raise the campaign attributes of John Adams (P) as he is the clear successor to Washington in the case that he steps down. 
-I'd also raise Hamilton's corruption a bit so scandals come out. 
-Charles Pinckney the endorser(nor his Ambassador relative) does not endorse Pinckney in South Carolina if set to "on".
-Similar with Henry Lee III in Virginia.

21 minutes ago, CalebsParadox said:

1792:
-Artemis Ward VP sounds like a run for the Presidency and not the Vice Presidency. Same for John Jay, Richard Henry Lee, Hancock, Wilson, and Madison. 
-Assuming that the one state vote is meant for Washington unless a (P) is beside the name to indicate Washington stepping down, enabling extra candidates messes up that electoral allocation as several candidates will be running for both states vote, specifically many are running against Washington and polling decently well. 
-I'd lower several candidates amount of points in Experience. Adams, Hancock, and arguably Hamilton and Jefferson should have a 4, but I wouldn't say anyone else. Currently, most candidates with an elected position at all have a 4. 
-I'd raise the campaign attributes of John Adams (P) as he is the clear successor to Washington in the case that he steps down. 
-Charles Pinckney the endorser(nor his Ambassador relative) does not endorse Pinckney in South Carolina if set to "on".

Excellent. I'll probably use most of this once I get to the 1792 election. 

@jvikings1 @CalebsParadox @Patine @Reagan04 @TheMiddlePolitical @SeanFKennedy @Conservative Elector 2 @Take Me to La Riva @vcczar @NYrepublican @MrPrez @msc123123

Is there anyone that would be willing to make the issue images? Many of the historic scenarios don't actually have unique issue images. If you want to do this, and can do it, you can make them, put them in a zip file and email me. I'll PM my email to you. Just make sure the size is correct and that they're in .bmp format. This would be incredibly helpful, and will probably make it much more likely that @admin_270 will adopt these historical scenarios as official 270Soft scenarios in the future. I'm handling updating pretty much all other aspects of the scenario, based on the advice of the Historical Scenario Commission, and haven't the time to make the issue images and flag images (Patine is handling flags) myself. 

A volunteer will be appreciated. 

2 minutes ago, vcczar said:

@jvikings1 @CalebsParadox @Patine @Reagan04 @TheMiddlePolitical @SeanFKennedy @Conservative Elector 2 @Take Me to La Riva @vcczar @NYrepublican @MrPrez @msc123123

Is there anyone that would be willing to make the issue images? Many of the historic scenarios don't actually have unique issue images. If you want to do this, and can do it, you can make them, put them in a zip file and email me. I'll PM my email to you. Just make sure the size is correct and that they're in .bmp format. This would be incredibly helpful, and will probably make it much more likely that @admin_270 will adopt these historical scenarios as official 270Soft scenarios in the future. I'm handling updating pretty much all other aspects of the scenario, based on the advice of the Historical Scenario Commission, and haven't the time to make the issue images and flag images (Patine is handling flags) myself. 

A volunteer will be appreciated. 

what issues need to be done i have time today to do it.

7 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

what issues need to be done i have time today to do it.

1788 - American Native Tribes, Expanded Suffrage, Relations with Britain and France, Rights of the States, Slavery, The Constitution, The Tariff, Vermont statehood

1792 - (will use some of the above), but the unique ones are Barbary Pirates, Hamilton's Financial Policies, size of the military, Washington's administration, 

51 minutes ago, vcczar said:

1788 - American Native Tribes, Expanded Suffrage, Relations with Britain and France, Rights of the States, Slavery, The Constitution, The Tariff, Vermont statehood

1792 - (will use some of the above), but the unique ones are Barbary Pirates, Hamilton's Financial Policies, size of the military, Washington's administration, 

finally done with 1788 now for 1792.

32 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

@vcczar just sent the icons.

Thanks! I just got them and replied. I added those I can use to the scenarios. 

On 7/8/2017 at 8:58 PM, CalebsParadox said:

1792:

Ok, I made almost all of these changes. However, Henry Lee; though related to RH Lee were of opposing ideologies. Henry Lee was a Federalist and RH Lee a Republican, at least in ideology, if not in name. 

10 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

also who's doing what on the commission @vcczar?

I'm not forcing roles on anyone unless they volunteer. 

I'm assuming you'll handle issue images until you decided not to. I assume @Patine will handle flag images (those he hasn't gotten to yet) and money coefficients until he decides not to. Everyone else seems to be playing through the game and offering general feedback for balance, finding typos, and offering other suggestions. Naturally, I'd assign specific tasks to everyone, but from my experience, most people drop off the radar once they're assigned some sort of responsibility for free, except for @jvikings1, who made all the maps, and Patine, who has made flags. 

2 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

would @victorraiders agree to handle the 1988,1992,1996 and 2000 elections

Only if their really tightened up. The ones he released were sloppy, using cut-and-paste text from other scenarios and not bothering to update most of it, and having whole parties with 0% in every region, and such. He has to be more vigilant before declaring something is ready for even initial release. I feel he's just in a hurry to "mass produce" scenarios for sheer number of them.

Just now, Patine said:

Only if their really tightened up. The ones he released were sloppy, using cut-and-paste text from other scenarios and not bothering to update most of it, and having whole parties with 0% in every region, and such. He has to be more vigilant before declaring something is ready for even initial release. I feel he's just in a hurry to "mass produce" scenarios for sheer number of them.

I'd help him with it.I'm doing a NY 2002 Governor project with him.