270soft Forum

2020 Issue: War on Drugs

vcczar

This is the last 2020 issue I have. I also have the candidate stances on this issue. Let me know if anything should change: 

War on Drugs

FL: Legalize all drugs, except psychotics; end the expensive and unwinnable Drug War

L: Legalize all soft drugs, and consider the legalization of other drugs; decrease spending on Drug War [Paul, Sanders, KHarris, Gabbard, Garcetti, Newsom, Steyer, Schultz, Grayson, Warren, Moulton, ShBrown, Heinrich, Franken]

CL: Encourage the legalization of soft drugs like marijuana [Collins, Biden, McAuliffe, O'Malley, Chafee, Bullock, Booker, HClinton, Gillibrand, Cuomo, Buttigieg]

C: Discourage marijuana legalization, except for medical reasons [Martinez, Huntsman, Castro, Edwards]

CR: Fight the legalization of Marijuana, but leave medical marijuana to the states. [Kasich, Cotton, Sasse]

R: Increase funding for the War on Drugs, no legalization, and increase penalties. [Trump, Graham, Cruz, Rubio]

FR: Major increase in funding for War on Drugs. Increase penalties. Punish cartels and countries harboring cartels. Actively crack down on even casual drug users. 

Cruz has a position that respects a state decision to legalize marijuana even if he disagrees with it.  I'd say that is in line with either the center-right or center positions.

9 minutes ago, vcczar said:

This is the last 2020 issue I have. I also have the candidate stances on this issue. Let me know if anything should change: 

War on Drugs

FL: Legalize all drugs, except psychotics; end the expensive and unwinnable Drug War

L: Legalize all soft drugs, and consider the legalization of other drugs; decrease spending on Drug War [Paul, Sanders, KHarris, Gabbard, Garcetti, Newsom, Steyer, Schultz, Grayson, Warren, Moulton, ShBrown, Heinrich, Franken]

CL: Encourage the legalization of soft drugs like marijuana [Collins, Biden, McAuliffe, O'Malley, Chafee, Bullock, Booker, HClinton, Gillibrand, Cuomo, Buttigieg]

C: Discourage marijuana legalization, except for medical reasons [Martinez, Huntsman, Castro, Edwards]

CR: Fight the legalization of Marijuana, but leave medical marijuana to the states. [Kasich, Cotton, Sasse]

R: Increase funding for the War on Drugs, no legalization, and increase penalties. [Trump, Graham, Cruz, Rubio]

FR: Major increase in funding for War on Drugs. Increase penalties. Punish cartels and countries harboring cartels. Actively crack down on even casual drug users. 

Um, isn't that a group of insane folk?

10 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

Um, isn't that a group of insane folk?

psychotics is a name for drugs that cause people to go insane

1 minute ago, vcczar said:

TIL

21 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Actually, the term is "psychoactive drugs," also commonly called "narcotic drugs," although, in truth, that's only one branch of said drugs. The issue is that the category also includes drugs used to treat mental illness, and most "street drugs." This is the reason modern psychiatrists must have a full MD - so they can competently prescribe medications.

5 minutes ago, Patine said:

Actually, the term is "psychoactive drugs," also commonly called "narcotic drugs," although, in truth, that's only one branch of said drugs. The issue is that the category also includes drugs used to treat mental illness, and most "street drugs." This is the reason modern psychiatrists must have a full MD - so they can competently prescribe medications.

Good point. I'll use the term "psychoactive drugs"

9 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Good point. I'll use the term "psychoactive drugs"

OOOOHH, you mean narcotics.

1 hour ago, SeanFKennedy said:

Kasich should be center, he passed medical marijuana against alot of his party's wishes. 

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll consider it, but I think Kasich did so reluctantly. I'll likely follow your suggestion, however. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived