270soft Forum

2020 Issue: LGBT Rights

vcczar

Here is another 2020 issue, w/ candidate positions. Let me know if I should change anything.

FL: LGBT equality is a fundamental human right. [Sanders, Newsom, Buttigieg, Garcetti, Warren, Moulton]

L: LGBT equality is a constitutional right. [Biden, O'Malley, Chafee, KHarris, Gabbard, Steyer, Schultz, Heinrich, Grayson, ShBrown, Booker, Gillibrand, Cuomo, Franken]

CL: LGBT rights must be upheld, even if not in name. However, state level efforts should also be supported. [Paul, Collins, McAuliffe, Castro, Edwards, Bullock, HClinton]

C: If the states want to pass LGBT legislation , let them. [Martinez, Huntsman]

CR: Marriage is between a man and a woman to the exclusion of all others. Pro-LGBT legislation should be discouraged. [Trump, Kasich, Graham, Rubio]

R: Support a constitutional ban on same-sex marriages, and work against LGBT legislation. [Cruz, Cotton, Sasse]

FR: The LGBT community needs to be treated for their condition.

52 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Here is another 2020 issue, w/ candidate positions. Let me know if I should change anything.

FL: LGBT equality is a fundamental human right. [Sanders, Newsom, Buttigieg, Garcetti, Warren, Moulton]

L: LGBT equality is a constitutional right. [Biden, O'Malley, Chafee, KHarris, Gabbard, Steyer, Schultz, Heinrich, Grayson, ShBrown, Booker, Gillibrand, Cuomo, Franken]

CL: LGBT rights must be upheld, even if not in name. However, state level efforts should also be supported. [Paul, Collins, McAuliffe, Castro, Edwards, Bullock, HClinton]

C: If the states want to pass LGBT legislation , let them. [Martinez, Huntsman]

CR: Marriage is between a man and a woman to the exclusion of all others. Pro-LGBT legislation should be discouraged. [Trump, Kasich, Graham, Rubio]

R: Support a constitutional ban on same-sex marriages, and work against LGBT legislation. [Cruz, Cotton, Sasse]

FR: The LGBT community needs to be treated for their condition.

Is Religious Liberty separate from this?

9 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

Is Religious Liberty separate from this?

It's going to be connected in the sense that Religious Liberty can't trump LGBT rights on some of these positions. LGBT people would have the same rights as any person and subject to the same anti-discrimination laws as all people. Other than that Religious Liberty is upheld for those that disagree with these positions. FL and L would probably not allow special mistreatment from homophobes. 

1 minute ago, vcczar said:

It's going to be connected in the sense that Religious Liberty can't trump LGBT rights on some of these positions. LGBT people would have the same rights as any person and subject to the same anti-discrimination laws as all people. Other than that Religious Liberty is upheld for those that disagree with these positions. FL and L would probably not allow special mistreatment from homophobes. 

You can support "marriage" and not forcing a business to serve a homosexual, they should be two different issues.

4 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

You can support "marriage" and not forcing a business to serve a homosexual, they should be two different issues.

That would be the CL position or C position. I can reword the position to include that. In fact, I'll say FL is the only one that will force businesses to serve LGBT customers. 

1 minute ago, vcczar said:

That would be the CL position or C position. I can reword the position to include that. In fact, I'll say FL is the only one that will force businesses to serve LGBT customers. 

I think that FR isn't realistic and no one favors federally funded treatment, it should be no restrictions on service denial and a complete constitutional ban, you could move Cruz there.

4 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

I think that FR isn't realistic and no one favors federally funded treatment, it should be no restrictions on service denial and a complete constitutional ban, you could move Cruz there.

Michelle Bachmann

Just now, vcczar said:

Michelle Bachmann

I knew you would mention that, but she, unlike her fellow GOP woman, Sarah Palin, has disappeared and is no longer in Congress, I think everyone has moved on from that.

3 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

these left-wingers made a comic book all about "resisting" Trump.

Who did? There's monumental, unified, hive-mind, solid, undissenting, lock-step, faceless bloc called "the left-wing," despite how people like Gen Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly, Ann Coulter, and others deceptively portray things in their narratives.

3 minutes ago, Patine said:

Who did? There's monumental, unified, hive-mind, solid, undissenting, lock-step, faceless bloc called "the left-wing," despite how people like Gen Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly, Ann Coulter, and others deceptively portray things in their narratives.

google resist comic book and you'll find it.

32 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

I knew you would mention that, but she, unlike her fellow GOP woman, Sarah Palin, has disappeared and is no longer in Congress, I think everyone has moved on from that.

There's still a lot of people like Bachmann out there. Most of them don't run for president. In many cases, no one will ever have the far-left or far-right position. They are there for 3rd party candidates. 

Archived