270soft Forum

2020 Issue: Gun Control

vcczar

Here's another 2020 issue, w/ candidate positions. Let me know if anything should be altered. 

FL: Ban all guns!

L: We need gun control! Ban certain guns. Require registration/background checks. Gun control protects children. [Biden, Warren, KHarris, Newsom, Gabbard, Garcetti, Steyer, Schultz, Booker, ShBrown, HClinton, Franken, Cuomo, Moulton]

CL: The right to bear arms, but only responsibly! Ban assault rifles, require registration/background checks. [Sanders, McAuliffe, O'Malley, Castro, Gillibrand]

C: Gun control is a state issue. Responsible gun ownership is fine. [Huntsman, Collins, Chafee, Edwards, Bullock, Heinrich, Buttigieg]

CR: We should be wary of gun control. The Second Amendment protects the right to bear arms. [Martinez, Grayson]

R: Gun ownership is constitutionally protected. Protect sportsmen's rights and the Second Amendment. [Trump, Kasich, Graham, Paul, Rubio, Cotton, Sasse]

FR: The Second Amendment is not negotiable! No restrictions on firearms! [Cruz]

11 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

@vcczar I'd say move Paul to FR.

Does he really believe in the total unrestricted ownership of guns? Even bazookas, miniguns, etc? 

1 minute ago, vcczar said:

Does he really believe in the total unrestricted ownership of guns? Even bazookas, miniguns, etc? 

I don't want to get into a 2nd Amendment interpretation debate, but I think that his view fits more with FR.

5 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

I don't want to get into a 2nd Amendment interpretation debate, but I think that his view fits more with FR.

We don't have to get into a debate on the 2nd amendment (I think many guns should be legal so long as the amendment is there, btw). Would Rand Paul approve the legalization of bazookas, miniguns and any deadly handheld projectile weapon that could be termed a fire arm? 

We don't have to get into a debate on the 2nd amendment (I think many guns should be legal so long as the amendment is there, btw). Would Rand Paul approve the legalization of bazookas, miniguns and any deadly handheld projectile weapon that could be termed a fire arm? 

I dont think it could be, so yes.

5 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

I dont think it could be, so yes.

Can you give me a source to support the change, because I'm hesitant to move him there. 

Can you give me a source to support the change, because I'm hesitant to move him there. 

http://www.ontheissues.org/Domestic/Rand_Paul_Gun_Control.htm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-pSboOoYSg

Him defending Semi-Autos.

12 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

Semi-automatic weapons are a far cry, realistically speaking from bazookas and mini-guns. A bazooka could have, for instance, blown up most of the Sandy Hook school or Pulse nightclub in well-placed shot, and caused the rest of the structure to collapse in on itself.

Just now, Patine said:

Semi-automatic weapons are a far cry, realistically speaking from bazookas and mini-guns. A bazooka could have, for instance, blown up most of the Sandy Hook school or Pulse nightclub in well-placed shot, and caused the rest of the structure to collapse in on itself.

Again, I do not believe, constitutionally that those fall under the 2nd Amendment, no politician does, not Cruz either.

16 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

Both Cruz and Rand are for preventing felons which would technically ne a restirction

Is there anyone that thinks felons should have gun?

7 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Is there anyone that thinks felons should have gun?

I'm, sure there are they just don't run for President. :P

1 hour ago, Reagan04 said:

Paul and Cruz are definitely further right than the majority of their party. I would consider changing your position on far-right to something more suitable than absolutely no restrictions. 

Archived